Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Depending which school you apply to. If you are going for a top school, 570 will not make the cut. However, taking it again and improving that former score will not at all hurt your admission chances. Instead, it will show the adcom that you are perseverant and hardworking. You may want to ask the askaccepted.com forum. Take it again would be my bet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
Depending which school you apply to. If you are going for a top school, 570 will not make the cut. However, taking it again and improving that former score will not at all hurt your admission chances. Instead, it will show the adcom that you are perseverant and hardworking. You may want to ask the askaccepted.com forum. Take it again would be my bet.

Hai paul, is it really true ? I mean, taking gmat again creates really a positive impression on adcom as perserverant ?
then it is worth to take again yar.
By the way, paul i value yr opinion to retake. And, ya let me ask accepted.com.

thanks paul,

Dharmin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You might want to get an English tutor and/or a GMAT verbal tutor. It sounds as if your English skills need improvement, and that will make a huge difference for reading comprehension.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lucyloo wrote:
You might want to get an English tutor and/or a GMAT verbal tutor. It sounds as if your English skills need improvement, and that will make a huge difference for reading comprehension.

A bunch of thanks, Lucyloo
I appriciate your comment and frankly i am of the same opinion. But the problem is the availability of private tutor. Anyways, i am looking for a tutor

Thanks, Dharmin
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Tough Day.

It wont affect your admissions decision. Most schools consider the highest GMAT score. so you can relax and take your GMAT the second time.

Your Quant is great. can you can tell us more about how you prepped for verbal. Write in as much detail as you can. That way, i and other members can help you better.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praetorian wrote:
Tough Day.

It wont affect your admissions decision. Most schools consider the highest GMAT score. so you can relax and take your GMAT the second time.

Your Quant is great. can you can tell us more about how you prepped for verbal. Write in as much detail as you can. That way, i and other members can help you better.

Regards

Thanks praet for comments. Well, I did Kaplan 2004, OG and Princeton along with Kaplan Verbal Book. I was reading Reader's Digest and few good news papers also.
But it seems i have concentrated more at Quant and the important thing is not just to learn verbal but to do verbal in stress, after all completing Quant and then start with verbal demands high skills of stress management.

any suggestion ?

Dharmin
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dharmin,
Sorry to hear about that score buddy.You have got an excellent score in quant so take solace from that.As for verbal ..well! it has always been a bane for we Indians(even I screwed up big time in verbal).I'm not aware of any private tutor for GMAT verbal in Mumbai.I suggest you log on to GMAT yahoogroups(gmattutordata and gmattutor) and put up a request asking for a private tutor as there are lot of Mumbai GMAT takers in these groups.Do you have IMS GMAT materails...if not then maybe you could go for that...I've heard that they have some decent verbal stuff.

Just hang in there buddy...we still have some time before the app season starts...so just prepare well and give it your best shot.

Wishes,
Vivek.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Vivek, Thanks pal - bunch of thanks for suggestions. I found one name ezare - based at mumbai. I am just looking for Verbal tutor, lets c.

By the way vivek, I heard Oct is the starting month of 1st round to most of the bschool, is it correct ?
And moreover, to become eligible in 1st round itself i need to comlete TOEFL also as we dont have 1st language as English. Tantatively which date should i treat as Last Date for GMAT ? I mean to complete app, toefl and gmat before 1st round of most of the good bschool.

dharmin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, Dharmin...did you check out other tutoring options? Check the big prep companies. Princeton Review has international classes, and they probably have a center near you. If they do, they'd have a tutor.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lucyloo wrote:
Hey, Dharmin...did you check out other tutoring options? Check the big prep companies. Princeton Review has international classes, and they probably have a center near you. If they do, they'd have a tutor.

Luckyloo, u r correct; i am trying to locate as many claases as possible so to choose the best but it is very difficult to trace

Dharmin
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dharmin:
I think that 570 will not get you in a top school. Let me share with you some experiences.

I scored 590 Q47 and V22. I also have a Masters from the number 1 International Affairs programme in the US. I have 7 years of solid international experience. Speak various langauges. Essays were superb. I did not get in to Any of the top 4 schools that I applied to. Infact, I spoke with the Director of Admissions of a top school and she said " your GMAT score was the only thing that we did not like. So, Dharmin, if you have great experience and have a great score, then you are in. The school may say that the GMAT is not important, but it is. So get your score up( I am doing the same thing on the verbal part).

Another friend of mine from Bain Consulting. He is from mexico. He had 5 years of consulting experience. Lived in Australia( For a Mexican, this is unique). His GMAT was 550. He did not get in anywhere.

Anyway, if you want to work together to tackle this Verbal beast, then feel free to contact me.

Avtar
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts