Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Laurence, this probably doesn't make sense, but I think you should focus on verbal. It's easier to improve in what you do worst.

For example, it's easier to improve when you get 2 correct answers out of 10, compared to when you are get 9 out of 10. To improve that extra 10% wil take longer than to improve, let's say, 40% (in the first scenario).

So I would concentrate on verbal (without overlooking quant). Go through your preps, books, anything you have answered and see what are your weaknesses. Be honest with yourself.

When you know what's going on, seek help for those specific areas to get the right material. I would strongly advice to do it fast (Maybe needless to say).

In my case, SC is/was the worst out of all 5 things tested. It took me 5 days to fully memorize everything in the MGMAT SC (except for idioms, which I rather do slowly).

It would also help to know how much time you are studying a day. What materials you have.

If I were you. I would also see if there's any chance I could delay the test. The more time you have, the better. That would ease some of the stress you are feeling right now.

Finally, keep it up. Worst thing you can do is let GMAT beat you. You'll do it! Just committ to it.

I hope this helps and let us know how you do. There's a lot of people out here you know the GMAT inside and out.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh! and by the way, I would do better with the kick... :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow... Thanks so much for the detailed response... I've been doing some evaluations and I think I may be able to give myself a full four weeks. Beyond that I think I would be at risk of missing the deadline. I'm going to school in Australia and I've to have a confirmation letter before I can apply for a student visa. I've been accepted to one school already so that does alleviate some stress. The school I really want to go to (AGSM) is the sole reason I'm putting this much energy into taking the test once more. I'm certain I can do it. I think what frustrates me is that I don't think it should be that hard to hit the bleedin' 550, yet here I am. Anyhow, thanks for the input.. I'll put it to use.

Cheers,

Laurence
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]