Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:53 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UNC class of 2010
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
I've heard that if you do have conflicting deadlines with money riding on them, the schools will sometimes take pity. A guy last year had zero luck with one place, but another person (don't remember who or where) got his decision early. A very polite call (perhaps anonymous in case of a "no, you have to wait" response) might be worth it.

Yeah that would be really nice if the decision is announced before Xmas. But isn't it true that Duke does not release the results even a day before the deadline date?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Question About Short Essay 2 [#permalink]
Hi All,

I'm an R2 applicant and I have a question about the short essay 2. It asks how your background and non-work activities will enhance the experience of others? Would it be okay to talk about non-professional work related activities like being the lead for a site on our annual day of volunteering or my position as community service chair on our international resource group? I also have non-work extras that I was going to touch on as well.

Thanks.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
anshugupta wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
I've heard that if you do have conflicting deadlines with money riding on them, the schools will sometimes take pity. A guy last year had zero luck with one place, but another person (don't remember who or where) got his decision early. A very polite call (perhaps anonymous in case of a "no, you have to wait" response) might be worth it.

Yeah that would be really nice if the decision is announced before Xmas. But isn't it true that Duke does not release the results even a day before the deadline date?

the policy is that you hear on decision day. the point above is that some schools will work with you if you have a good reason. I have no idea about Duke.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
anshugupta wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

the policy is that you hear on decision day. the point above is that some schools will work with you if you have a good reason. I have no idea about Duke.

O that way.. :). How are you doing now.. is your hand better now?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
lots better. some twinges here and there from the torn cartilage, but so far it seems like something i can live with. i'm starting to bike again - we'll see how that treats me. i haven't done any cartwheels yet, and i am a big fan of doing those in weird places, usually to let off steam or celebrate the end of something heinous (tax season, for example). if i can't do cartwheels, then i will be sad
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
lots better. some twinges here and there from the torn cartilage, but so far it seems like something i can live with. i'm starting to bike again - we'll see how that treats me. i haven't done any cartwheels yet, and i am a big fan of doing those in weird places, usually to let off steam or celebrate the end of something heinous (tax season, for example). if i can't do cartwheels, then i will be sad

One who can crack GMAT and get admitted into one of the top schools .. is definitely full of determination :).. I m pretty sure you ll do cartwheels too. Take care.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Fuqua reapplication recommender [#permalink]
As a reapplicant, Can I use the same recommender as in the previous application. I know Fuqua mandates only one recommendation. But does it say who.

Anyone in similar situation, please shed some light. Thank you
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Fuqua reapplication recommender [#permalink]
g.matter wrote:
As a reapplicant, Can I use the same recommender as in the previous application. I know Fuqua mandates only one recommendation. But does it say who.

I don't know if Duke has any official policy, but you should think about what that recommender can add to your application. Are there new stories? New insights? That old recommendation is still in your file, I presume. This is a chance to tell a new story.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
g.matter wrote:

I don't know if Duke has any official policy, but you should think about what that recommender can add to your application. Are there new stories? New insights? That old recommendation is still in your file, I presume. This is a chance to tell a new story.

Hi All,

I am gonna ask a question that i should have asked a long time back...but i guess it isn't late yet.

I applied in RI and still the status on my Application states that "your applicaiton has been recieved". I want to know if there should be any change of status on the online application?

I have not even heard anything from ad-com (anything like an email notificaiton) saying that your application is in review or something similar.

Can anyone (who applied in RI and has seen change of status on his/her application ) please help me.

Thanks,
-A
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
anshugupta wrote:
Hi All,

I am gonna ask a question that i should have asked a long time back...but i guess it isn't late yet.

I applied in RI and still the status on my Application states that "your applicaiton has been recieved". I want to know if there should be any change of status on the online application?

I have not even heard anything from ad-com (anything like an email notificaiton) saying that your application is in review or something similar.

Can anyone (who applied in RI and has seen change of status on his/her application ) please help me.

Thanks,
-A

I haven't received a change of status e-mail. I believe my status still states "Complete" on the website.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got an email back in Nov saying that my app was complete. Nothing since that....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
Do we need to mail anything to the Duke Admission Office as part of the application process? I am concerned only with the mandatory requirements. My recommenders are using the online options and my transcripts are self-reported, but the Supplemental Materials section of the instructions seems vague to me. I am trying to apply before the 3rd Jan deadline, early replies will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Iwannabe wrote:
Do we need to mail anything to the Duke Admission Office as part of the application process? I am concerned only with the mandatory requirements. My recommenders are using the online options and my transcripts are self-reported, but the Supplemental Materials section of the instructions seems vague to me. I am trying to apply before the 3rd Jan deadline, early replies will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

I am apping. for R2 ..same boat ....
I think I read earlier in this forum that you do not have to send any supplemental stuff....
SVP
SVP
Send PM
you only need that form if you're going to send in an official transcript now...or if you're mailing recommendations....none of which is required.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Urgent !! [#permalink]
I just uploaded my essays on the website for tomorrow .. although my short essays were 1-page in MS word, (with ft 11.),
when I click on "view document" on the website, the generated pdf I get to see is 1.5 pages ..
Did anyone experience the same ...? I'm guessing that the Adcomm gets to see the same pdf, which would mean they will
see that I exceeded the word limit big time ....
Any suggestions ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
huff ... well, they don't specify the font size/margin etc., I guess I will just write a note in the optional
essay that the small essays are single page in MS word ...not sure how that'd sound ....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
submitting my app today

good luck everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  23