Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
xerox wrote:
BW is hosting a live chat with Yale's Admissions Director on Dec 12. Check their B-School section online to get the details.

Can somebody copy the discussion transcript?

My work blocks all of these discussions and the transcripts get posted 1-2 weeks later. I'd rather read it on Dec. 12.

Thanks.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
How long has Yale offered the MBA degree?

When I visited, the adcomm mentioned that they only offered it for 10 years, but B week says since 1976.
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
How long has Yale offered the MBA degree?

When I visited, the adcomm mentioned that they only offered it for 10 years, but B week says since 1976.

They offered a masters in management before the true "MBA".
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
[#permalink]
This past weekend I visited Wharton on Sunday and Yale on Monday. I don't really have any intention of applying to Wharton, but it was a beautiful school in my opinion. Prior to visiting Yale, it was my number one choice by leaps and bounds. I love the curriculum, I love what they are about, and I felt like I could find my niche there (I work in land development, and want to focus on sustainable land development), and maybe I'll be the only one to admit it, but the Yale brand was a great cherry on top. After visiting the school, I was hit with a well needed dose of reality. Yes, this is an ivy league with the second largest endowment in the country, but I will be attending their business school which is only 30 years old, and is situated in a small out dated building. I didn't have too much interaction with the students, but they seemed far more intellectual and academically minded than those I met at the diversity weekend at Duke, did anyone else notice that? Don't get me wrong, I think this is phenominal attribute in and outside the classroom...but do people ever let loose? I mean...this is actually kind of important if you only have 200 people in your class.

All in all I thought the school was great, and I would still consider it my #1 choice, but it has reaffirmed the importance of visitng a school.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ohh....btw....deadline for R2 is Jan.9....when is the latest I could take the GMAT and still apply on-time? Assuming everything else is ready to go.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
VictoryMBA wrote:
This past weekend I visited Wharton on Sunday and Yale on Monday. I don't really have any intention of applying to Wharton, but it was a beautiful school in my opinion. Prior to visiting Yale, it was my number one choice by leaps and bounds. I love the curriculum, I love what they are about, and I felt like I could find my niche there (I work in land development, and want to focus on sustainable land development), and maybe I'll be the only one to admit it, but the Yale brand was a great cherry on top. After visiting the school, I was hit with a well needed dose of reality. Yes, this is an ivy league with the second largest endowment in the country, but I will be attending their business school which is only 30 years old, and is situated in a small out dated building. I didn't have too much interaction with the students, but they seemed far more intellectual and academically minded than those I met at the diversity weekend at Duke, did anyone else notice that? Don't get me wrong, I think this is phenominal attribute in and outside the classroom...but do people ever let loose? I mean...this is actually kind of important if you only have 200 people in your class.

All in all I thought the school was great, and I would still consider it my #1 choice, but it has reaffirmed the importance of visitng a school.

Yeah, if you saw my post above, you'll see that I did like the buildings and campus. Perception is everything in a brand, and Yale has that with people not familiar with B Schools. And employers familiar with B Schools seem to like the school (as represented in the recruiting). The "run-down" buildings add to the atmosphere of the tight-knit community. The adcomm office looks just like a house... How more cozy can you get than that?

The students did seem "less edgy"... just like cookie cutter b school students. I interviewed 2 weeks ago, so hopefully I'll get that magical call next week (assuming of course that they do call admits the week before christmas break)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do you guys know anything about the recommendation for Yale? Once you put in your recommenders email adress, do they send them a request to write a letter...or to answer grid questions? Does anyone know?
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Someone on business week site received an interview invite today...looks like there is still hope if you are waiting.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have an alumni interview scheduled this weekend...am keeping my fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I know that Yale does not send you a follow-up email to let you know that your recommender has submited their recommendation - kind of annoying since you have to continuously check the website to see if the rec. has been submitted.
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rumor on BW is that they will begin releasing early decisions tomorrow for those who intereviewed in Nov, but that they have only reviewed half the applications to date...they will be inviting until the deadline.
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
playoptions wrote:
I know that Yale does not send you a follow-up email to let you know that your recommender has submited their recommendation - kind of annoying since you have to continuously check the website to see if the rec. has been submitted.

I am guessing R2? Followup with the recommender if you are unsure.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
So tomorrow could be the day!

I bet there will be at least somebody who posts on here that they got an admit. At least a lurker will pop up and share the good news.

If you do get the call, make sure to let us know.
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
this gives me some hope still...since the harvard dream has more or less ended at this point
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
at this point, no interview invite = ding right?
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
at this point, no interview invite = ding right?

no...rumor mill says just over 50% of apps have been read...i would put that number at more like 75% to be realistic.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  20