Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's ok. I think i wrote the wrong essay. :(

that's far worse than a few mistakes....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys. I am still battling whether I should postportem my essays after the fact to help my next application or just leave things the way it is and not damage my morale.

Thanks for the input.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've come to realize that there is no such thing as a finished essay.

I found an idiomatic mistake in my Stan app. Clearly if I don't get in, that'll be why :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I found one typo in my Wharton essay, and some mistakes in the short answer responses for Kellogg and Wharton. Generally I think schools will overlook this if it doesn't impact readability. Don't look at your submitted essays...looking at them just makes me sad.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
I submitted my Stanford essays, and then got a scathing (on purpose) review from a Stanford GSB student (he said he was being extra harsh to help me out) AFTERwards. I was curious enough (BIG mistake) to open the word document containing his comments, and saw a few mistakes before I quickly closed it and never looked at it again.

Moral of story, once you submit, DON'T cry over spilled milk anymore. Move on, ace your interviews, and hope for the best. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Count me in. I had one major brain fart sentence in one essay...comma at the end of the sentence instead of a period...left out a simple word...I looked over these essays so many times I can't believe I let those typos slip. They are all in the same sentence! DUH!!!!!!!!!!! Of course now the mistake seems so huge that it obliterates the rest of the essay. Now all that is left is to see what happens.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok, so while preparing for my UCLA interview, I found out that I said I wanted to join UCLA's international business program, BUT I used *Haas'* program name instead of UCLA's (they're quite different)! Eek! I'm glad I didn't look at my essays until I got the interview invite, otherwise I would have panicked. Then again, I also almost said "Stan..." during the interview while describing one of UCLA's programs... oh boy... I sense a ding coming... :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
On the same note, what if I got the title of a mentor wrong? it's a mentor from an extra curricular activity who nominated me for a position within the org. That person is NOT a recommendor, I just mentioned her very briefly in my essays and got her title wrong. I made the same mistake for several schools unfortunately.

1) Should I notify adcoms?

2) If so, when? upon called for interviews? Is that too late? Becuase I figured, if they don't call me for interviews then why bother?

Originally posted by aceman626 on 17 Dec 2007, 06:08.
Last edited by aceman626 on 17 Dec 2007, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
On the same note, what if I got the title of a mentor wrong? it's a mentor from an extra curricular activity who nominated me for a position within the org. That person is NOT a recommendor, I just mentioned her very briefly in my essays and got her title wrong. I made the same mistake for several schools unfortunately.

2) If so, when? upon called for interviews, is that too late? Is that too late? Becuase I figured, if they don't call me for interviews then why bother?

I do not think that this mistake is significant enough to notify adcoms. This will only draw their attention to the mistake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mistake but still accepted. [#permalink]
Just to make you guys feel better, I was accepted at Columbia and I read over my optional essay and I wrote "Cornell" instead of "Coumbia" in one of the concluding sentences. Obviously that one mistake was not a dealbreaker.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Honestly, I haven't looked at my essays since I submitted my app, and may never look at them again. It really isn't worth the stress.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Re: Mistake but still accepted. [#permalink]
sattellite wrote:
Just to make you guys feel better, I was accepted at Columbia and I read over my optional essay and I wrote "Cornell" instead of "Coumbia" in one of the concluding sentences. Obviously that one mistake was not a dealbreaker.

Oh man, that's a good one! :) I guess the adcoms are being honest when they say they won't ding someone just because of that! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Mistake but still accepted. [#permalink]
sattellite wrote:

Oh, wow...that makes me feel a lot better.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

2) If so, when? upon called for interviews, is that too late? Is that too late? Becuase I figured, if they don't call me for interviews then why bother?

I do not think that this mistake is significant enough to notify adcoms. This will only draw their attention to the mistake.

Ok makes me feel a little better..however the other people's mistakes so far are just plain typos, but for me, I got the position of my mentor wrong, so would I come across as lying? I can tell adcom about it, i guess its pretty straightforward procedure, but somewhat of a hassle and like u said I don't want to bring their attention to it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Titles dont matter.... You are sweating too much about it..

My manager wrote her title wrong.. imagine that,.. on my recommendation letter..I never found that out until I received the pdf copy of her reco letter....

So you are cool..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aviroop wrote:
Titles dont matter.... You are sweating too much about it..

My manager wrote her title wrong.. imagine that,.. on my recommendation letter..I never found that out until I received the pdf copy of her reco letter....

So you are cool..

ok cool, thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Application errors (from Stanford blog) [#permalink]
Kudos