Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: URGENT - APP DIDN'T GO THROUGH!!! [#permalink]
I'm a west coaster and submitted around 10pm west coast time (1am on 1/4 in Philly). The honest to goodness truth is I thought it was due on 1/4 and I have thought that for months. It is the date I had in my excel spreadsheet since September. Check out the link below:

https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admissions/apply/

The Sh1tty part about it is that I was done a few nights ago, I just wanted to do a final run-through with my editor (i.e., girlfriend) this evening. I NOW realize that this is an old link that refers to last year's app deadlines (2007), but I copied the 1/4 date into my spreadsheet.......ugh!!

It's tearing me up right now. I can't concentrate on my Kellogg and Chicago apps that I'm trying to proofread......
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
wow... that really sucks... personally i aimed to submit all my apps at least a day or two before deadline, but i can see how this happens. honestly im not sure how an adcom will respond to this as opposed to a technical difficulty.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
how did you find out? was it a technical issue or did you actually submit 8 hours late? If the former, you might be able to talk to the admissions committee and if they're nice, they'll still accept it. If it's the latter, then unfortunately your app will be pushed to the next round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
First, clam down. I think there are only two options here. 1) Call the adcom and explain your situation but I am not sure how your reason will sit with the adcoms ... probably not so great. 2) Apply for R3 and concentrate on your other apps (and check your other schools' deadlines! :) ).

Cheers,
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
Looks like this happened to at least one other person... there's a thread describing it on the s2s board. The prospects for getting your application into the R2 pool don't look great, but you can try calling the Adcom to describe your problem.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
If it's was a technical error that prevented the app from going through, then the adcom should understand your situation if you tell them.

If it was a mistake on your part, then I'm not sure the adcom will be sympathetic.

Your only option is to call them immediately and explain your situation. Maybe you can even throw in the fact that the webpage with the wrong deadlines should not be available and it can confuse you. I don't know if it will work though because the deadlines are clearly stated on the online application.

Good luck! Whatever happens with the Wharton app, do not let it affect your other apps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
if an app is less than 24 hours late (meaning either you submitted it a minute late, 5 hours late, 10 hours late, etc), adcoms (for some schools) will mark it as 1-day late, regardless of the reason why.

they are flooded with apps, especially the ivy's, so dont be surprised if this is what they do. that is not to say you shouldnt call them up and explain your situation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
how can he possibly explain it to them?!

i suggest you think of a good story before calling...stuck in Iowa or something.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
There is a very easy way out of this.

There was a blog by wharton admissions on wednesday night and thursday morning reminding all R2 applicants that the deadline was 1/4, oops they made a mistake. The wrong date was up their for a while and then they fixed it.

I would call and refer to the error in the blog. Tell them that you were ready to submit but waited because of this error.

Good Luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Had the same thing, but with my transcripts. I faxed them too late. Lady from admissions office was not sympathetic at all, just told me my application was pushed to R3. i understand they are flooded with applications, but I still am p*ssed off about it, we're only talking abut a stupid transcript after all that I scanned...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called at 9:30AM EST. I spoke with adcom. I said my app was submitted late. They said that they knew they would have server issues and if it was submitted late, not to worry about it and that I would still get in for round 2. I received an email 9:35AM EST as follows:

Dear benj6942,

Thank you for submitting your application for Round Two.

The following will provide you with information concerning the processing of application materials, timeline for the release of interview invitations, and final decision releases.

If your online account reads "Complete - Round Two," your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review.

If your online account reads "Received," then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round Two deadline), your online account will be changed to "Complete for Round Two" and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round Two submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a few weeks to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, January 24th before inquiring about the completeness of your application.

Candidates who applied by hard-copy will receive information by e-mail about how to access their online account when the processing of their application is complete. All applications submitted by hard-copy will be processed by Thursday, January 24th.

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Thursday, January 17th and will continue to release invitations on a daily basis until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, February 21st. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on February 21st, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission.

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Thursday, March 6th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee, off campus with alumni, and off campus in various "Hubs" around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, March 27th.

Thank you again for applying to Wharton. We look forward to reading your application.

Sincerely,

Wharton MBA Admissions Committee
Lauder Admissions

I hope I can trust what adcom told me, as it does not look like I can inquire about my specific app until Jan 24!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Audio wrote:
Had the same thing, but with my transcripts. I faxed them too late. Lady from admissions office was not sympathetic at all, just told me my application was pushed to R3. i understand they are flooded with applications, but I still am p*ssed off about it, we're only talking abut a stupid transcript after all that I scanned...

Why didnt you upload?? Did I miss something??
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
JDMBA wrote:
Audio wrote:

I didn't have access to a scanner. That's why I decided to fax them, but I did it too late.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
Audio wrote:
JDMBA wrote:
Audio wrote:

I didn't have access to a scanner. That's why I decided to fax them, but I did it too late.

is there a reason you didnt use the self-reported excel transcript?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
congrats ben!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Looks like things worked out just fine. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot