Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [2]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Send PM
Re: KRoll background check [#permalink]
Kudos
Today I received an email saying that my Kroll background check is complete, and that, in so many words, I am good to go! They make it sound like I am accepted for the second time. It's a good feeling.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
ha ha. they will have a problem at some companies. If they rang up anyone from my company asking for that information they would be told they can't give out personal details for security reasons.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
What about old bench warrants? 5 years ago I got an open container ticket (not in a vehicle, on the sidewalk) but never paid it. I'm pretty sure there is a bench warrant out on me now. I know I was stupid, but I was young and was moving to a new state anyway. Now I am out of the country and will not be able to fly back to the states to take care of the ticket until the summer before the MBA program starts. By then it will be too late, the MBA decisions will be made. Will something like this disqualify me if I get accepted? It would totally suck if I got accepted and then "disqualified" because of a stupid old open container ticket.

By the way, the state where I got the ticket is far far away from where I want to go to school (if that matters).
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I may have troubles with the conversions I made from R$ and EUR to USD, but it's something very easy to explain. I also considered somethings like house renting that the bank pays me as salary, but once again very easy to explain.

As DJ stated, don't worry, unless it's a big lie
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I dont understand the credit report check???

It is not like you are buying a house... why credit check?????

What if your credit is really bad???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Your credit can reflect the type of person you are in many ways.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Also most schools co sponsor the student loans, so they want to make sure that you are a responsible debtor.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
toDoorNot wrote:
Also most schools co sponsor the student loans, so they want to make sure that you are a responsible debtor.

Yeah. B-school is quite an investment.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Good question about the credit check because there is nothing on the application that asks you about your credit. How could they reneg on the admission if your credit is bad? You never lied about anything. However, based on the costliness of business school, I understand the concern about credit. If your debt to income ratio is already out of control then how are you going to handle more debt with no income?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Given the fact that most B-school graudates are able to get into a decent job after graduation and the fact that student loan payments dont start until after 6 months post-graduation, I really dont see how a credit score is relevant. Also, international students with bad credit will then get away with it, right? So, how can an admission be rescinded based on credit score.
djhouse81 wrote:
If your debt to income ratio is already out of control then how are you going to handle more debt with no income?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:
Given the fact that most B-school graudates are able to get into a decent job after graduation and the fact that student loan payments dont start until after 6 months post-graduation, I really dont see how a credit score is relevant. Also, international students with bad credit will then get away with it, right? So, how can an admission be rescinded based on credit score.
djhouse81 wrote:
If your debt to income ratio is already out of control then how are you going to handle more debt with no income?

I agree, it would be strange to be rejected after they check your credit, but the debt to income ratio is a legitimate concern--despite the deferral of your student loan payments until after you graduate. Some people have mortgages, car payments, credit card debt, even college loans to pay off--all at once! How are they going to pay for that when they are going to school full-time, especially with no savings? It would be very difficult to take out a student loan that covers all of that, given the liquidity and credit crises that the market is experiencing--just look at Sallie Mae. Just like there are a few cases of people who blatantly lie on their app and schools rescine their offer as a result; there is probably few borrowers who have atrocious credit to the point that schools must rescind their offer. In the end, I bet schools will try everything to make the financial packages work, as opposed to the fraudulent applicants who are kicked to the curb.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I dont think there is any reason to worry about this Kroll stuff
they just want to check whether you are what you say are
did you do thejobs you claimed? did you get approx the same salaries you put in your forms? are your recommenders genuine? stuff like this... i'm sure they wouldnt be counting pennies
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I was always curious about the guy above who asked about the bench warrant. I dont have one, but I was always wonder what the deal is with the disclosure of that kinda stuff. Will admitting it and writing it on the app put you in a better position? Will they deny you based on that stuff? (Assuming its a misdemeanor, like that guys bench warrant or something else minor)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Prior to graduating from undergrad in Dec '05, I spent a semester abroad. Five to six months after I graduated, I worked at my parents' business. I secured a job that was supposed to start May '06, so instead of bumming around or traveling, I decided to help run my family business, and in return my parents helped pay off my expenses I incurred abroad, school loans and a down payment on a car. Long story short, I was never on their payroll, but there's no doubt I worked for them full time. My question is, would I have to explain this prior to submitting my information with Kroll?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Send PM