Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I [#permalink]
Terp, OG was good exactly for the reason you state. The choices are airtight.

What was your experience on CR1000? I've been trying to understand if those are good practise or am I just wasting time and losing confidence.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Can someone tell me what is CR 1000?Is it a book? And does it worth to buy it? Does it have official questions? What other sources are you using to study the CR?

I've noticed that when I am studying using 'official' questions I do much better rather than when I am studying using 'unofficial' questions...should I worry with this. For me not being a native speaker doesn't help either, however I believe that the best recipe for sucess is unlimited practise...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
carol wrote:
Can someone tell me what is CR 1000?Is it a book? And does it worth to buy it? Does it have official questions? What other sources are you using to study the CR?

I've noticed that when I am studying using 'official' questions I do much better rather than when I am studying using 'unofficial' questions...should I worry with this. For me not being a native speaker doesn't help either, however I believe that the best recipe for sucess is unlimited practise...

Using the CR 1000 too along with OG and OG Verbal. Attached file. One thing you don't have to buy! It is official GMAT questions from past tests. I have noticed some repeats with the OG so it's a good c/k.

Same here I did well on OG CR but bad on this. But will practise and aim to reduce errors.
Attachments

GMAT_LSAT_CR.zip [1.16 MiB]
Downloaded 3600 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
carol wrote:

Using the CR 1000 too along with OG and OG Verbal. Attached file. One thing you don't have to buy! It is official GMAT questions from past tests. I have noticed some repeats with the OG so it's a good c/k.

Same here I did well on OG CR but bad on this. But will practise and aim to reduce errors.

you have to be aware that some of the answers are not right on CR 1000. For instance, be especially careful of tests 12,13. I gave up on the CR1000 for this very reason. You can't practice when the answers aren't 100% correct. Although the gmat CRs are much easier compared to the LSATs, i practice w/ LSAT problems with offical explanations. At least i don't have to second guess myself.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="Skewed]
you have to be aware that some of the answers are not right on CR 1000. For instance, be especially careful of tests 12,13. I gave up on the CR1000 for this very reason. You can't practice when the answers aren't 100% correct. Although the gmat CRs are much easier compared to the LSATs, i practice w/ LSAT problems with offical explanations. At least i don't have to second guess myself.[/quote]

I felt that of the GMAT test C and D too. Are the LSAT problems you practise different from the LSAT_1000? Where can I get that set? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
[

The LSAT questions are all in the CR1000, but you don't have the OE's. There are some books out there that provide the unofficial explanations of questions in the previous practice LSATs. Such bks are fairly inexpensive. Check it out, see if it helps you.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10 ... ts&x=0&y=0
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3155 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

I am unable to find proper OA's for the GMAT_LSAT_CR Doc.

Can anyone help?

Rgds,
TGC!

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Critical Reasoning (CR) Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts