Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:39 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Cornell University
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants [#permalink]
tsaditya wrote:
thats great. I have already prepared my reply with small updates at work. Will update them and again stress my interest. My only problem is I have not visited the school .I got rejected for a tourist visa by the US embassy a few weeks back. At this point I do not think a visit to the school is possible.

Probably worth noting that in your follow up tsaditya. That's a situation I'm sure they'll be understanding of.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
PaulK wrote:
tsaditya wrote:
thats great. I have already prepared my reply with small updates at work. Will update them and again stress my interest. My only problem is I have not visited the school .I got rejected for a tourist visa by the US embassy a few weeks back. At this point I do not think a visit to the school is possible.

Probably worth noting that in your follow up tsaditya. That's a situation I'm sure they'll be understanding of.

But make sure to mention that you will not have any problems getting F1 visa if admitted.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
So deposits are due on Friday, I figured I'd check and see...who's on their way to Ithaca in the Fall?

I know I'm moving to Ithaca, my wife and I have our moving truck all set for June 1. 2980 miles from Oregon to Ithaca, should be a heck of a drive!

I'm still deciding whether to accept to both the MBA and Masters in Real Estate program. I've already accepted the MRE, and if I add the Johnson School it means 3 years instead of 2. I know I'm thinking a lot about that pending deadline on Friday! Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I'll be attending Cornell this fall! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
awesome! welcome.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
Just put in my deposit for the Johnson School as well! I'll be deferring the first year since I will be in the Program in Real Estate, but I know we take at least a few classes with you all.

Looking forward to it!
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
I went ahead and did a roundup of all the admits throughout the thread. Looks like GMATClubbers did relatively well for themselves:

svrider: Admitted to AMBA w/ scholarship!
tauslu: Admitted to AMBA
snellmp: Admitted to MBA program
nsulham: Admitted to MBA program
iamjoesargent: Admitted to MBA program
solidcolor: Admitted to MBA program w/ Forte fellowship!
aceman626: Admitted to MBA program & matriculating
wallspotter: Admitted to MBA program
PaulK: Admitted to MBA and PRE programs & matriculating
prospective mba: Admitted to MBA program & matriculating
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Send PM
Folks,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this. But I am looking to apply in R1 for Cornell AMBA for 2009. Wanted to see if you guys have some insights in terms of what are my chances based on my profile below. I dont think I fit the "ideal" profile for this class but I am very interested to take this program and want to see what are my chances of getting admitted.

Age=34 (35 by the time i join)
Undergrad GPA = 3.8
Grad GPA = 3.5
GMAT = 710
Work Experience = 12+ years
Profile: M-I-T (Male Indian Techie)
Current Role/Title: Project Manager, Vice President (Technology department) at big financial services company

From what you guys know do you think I might stand a chance to get into the program ? I am looking for furthering my career and possibly grow in my role.

Any insights/pointers would be really helpful. Are there any dedicated forums/threads out there that discuss about the Cornell AMBA ?

Much thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
neelesh wrote:
Folks,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this. But I am looking to apply in R1 for Cornell AMBA for 2009. Wanted to see if you guys have some insights in terms of what are my chances based on my profile below. I dont think I fit the "ideal" profile for this class but I am very interested to take this program and want to see what are my chances of getting admitted.

Undergrad GPA = 3.8
Grad GPA = 3.5
GMAT = 710
Current Role/Title: Project Manager, Vice President (Technology department) at big financial services company

From what you guys know do you think I might stand a chance to get into the program ? I am looking for furthering my career and possibly grow in my role.

Any insights/pointers would be really helpful. Are there any dedicated forums/threads out there that discuss about the Cornell AMBA ?

Much thanks in advance.

neelesh,

I don't know about dedicated Cornell AMBA threads, I assume here is as good a spot as any.

I talked recently with someone at Cornell, who broke it down their parameters VERY roughly as:

700+ GMAT
6-10 years good work experience
A prior advanced degree

The admissions people at Cornell have been extremely helpful answering every one of the many questions I've had while I've been applying. I would suggest contacting the office of admissions and asking.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
neelesh wrote:
Folks,

Undergrad GPA = 3.8
Grad GPA = 3.5
GMAT = 710

Much thanks in advance.

Just based on the info you provided, i would say your chances of getting in are high.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
does anybody know if MBA students can be a TA or if there are other on campus part time job opps? I am international (hence can only work on campus) and really need the extra cash. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V45
Send PM
aceman626 wrote:
does anybody know if MBA students can be a TA or if there are other on campus part time job opps? I am international (hence can only work on campus) and really need the extra cash. Thanks.

aceman,

I'd call the office of financial aid and ask. I was awarded a GA position earlier this week, but it's through the Program in Real Estate. Maybe the Johnson School has similar positions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
PaulK wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

aceman,

I'd call the office of financial aid and ask. I was awarded a GA position earlier this week, but it's through the Program in Real Estate. Maybe the Johnson School has similar positions.

Thanks! Please let me know, appreciate it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43