Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Nobody cares?! [#permalink]
Well I hated it when I came up with that screen name because the test had just dominated me, but I came back and gave that test a beat down and scored 740 so I really don't hate it anymore. But, the screen name is the screen name. Can't change it now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q47  V40
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Well I hated it when I came up with that screen name because the test had just dominated me, but I came back and gave that test a beat down and scored 740 so I really don't hate it anymore. But, the screen name is the screen name. Can't change it now.

well, hey, congratulations on that score.

will you be starting your MBA next Fall?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I'm right here with you trader..

What are your thoughts on the Deutche chief suggesting that the "credit crisis is over" ?

trader1 wrote:
:(

Am I the only one interested in the financial markets?!
Current Student
Send PM
trader,

I wish I was starting in the fall! I'm a Fall 09 applicant, so I still have to go through the brutal application process.

So, I pick up that you're a bear on the economy and the credit crisis. What do you think of the fact that the general consensus on Wall Street now seems to be that the worst of the credit crisis is over? And the fact that economists, as well as recent economic indicators, seem to be indicating at worst a mild recession - if we even have one at all. Like I said, I try to be an optimist so I buy into all of it. I'm guessing you don't right? What are your thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Those saying that the credit crisis is over are very wrong in my opinion. What has been described as the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression will not end up being a blip on the long term charts. I think this stock market has at least another leg down to go. All the "cheery" news lately, which isn't all that cheery in my opinion, is being fed to the gullible who think the worst is behind us. This is an exit opportunity for the smart money. We are entering (are in) a period of rising inflation and a stagnating economy. The US dollar is in the middle of a currency crisis. And there are trillions of dollars worth of credit default derivatives in the financial system that will eventually wreak havoc across balance sheets and bankrupt companies. Commodity-related investments will continue to perform well over the next 5-10 years. Currencies that perform inversely to the dollar will also fare well, such as the Euro, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, and Japanese Yen. Gold has lost its commodity status and now performs as a currency. Gold will also benefit from not only a weaker dollar, but also due to its safe haven status in light of financial and geopolitical turmoil.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Most of my funds are in the far east.
I`ve actually benefitted from the earthquake in China :o because i had invested into an asian infrastructure fund a couple of months ago!!! :o
I`ve also invested into gold and energy, looking for exits soon..ish though, haven`t done any analysis on the prices yet, but i have this niggling feeling that oil maybe slightly overvalued at the moment `castle in the air` mentality seems to be pushing it up.

I have a passing interest in the financial markets, more of a personal interest for personal investment, no real career aim to go into IB. Maybe IM, but i`m more of a people person than a number crunching salesman or trader type when it comes to working.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
And as I talk about Oil being overpriced ...

U.S. oil company executives told the Senate Judiciary Committee that oil prices whould be between $35 and $90 a barrel if they were based on production costs and supply and demand. Representatives of Shell (RDS-B), BP (BP), ConocoPhillips (COP), Chevron (CVX) and ExxonMobil (XOM) testified at the hearing, called "Exploring the Skyrocketing Price of Oil," and will do so again before the House Judiciary Committee May 22.

Correction in the oil price will happen down the line... It's all about timing the exit now, to take advantage of the people who are getting into the game late :o
GMAT Club Bot