Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2074 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Need some help-Clueless. [#permalink]
well dude there is a lot of material out there which u can use.
Club tests for Q
1000 series for verbal,
Sets
and well, there are 10K plus questions in the forum itself :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Hi,

I have a story similar to yours. Dont lost heart!!!!!!!!
Even I scored very poorly on verbal in real test whereas I was getting 37+ scores on verbal in GMATprep and MGMAT.

what are you planning to do?
let me know what steps you are taking?

You can mail me at mailchintan at gmail dot com
we can talk over phone about future strategy if you are interested.

Putting my post again below incase you are interested.

Thanks,
Chintan

I gave my GMAT and got unbelievably low score. I am very surprised with my score.
I got a raw score of 49 in quant and unbelievable 29 in verbal. poor verbal got me down to 620
i still cannot understand how that happened. my sent corrn and RC Qns were getting tougher. RC was real tough.
so, i thot i was doing well.

my raw verbal scores in the manhattan practice tests and the GMAT CD were hovering between 37-39. i was expecting atleast 680-700 range.

i had practiced about 300-400 hundred Qns from the 1000 SC and 1000 CR list and was pretty confident that I was doing good in test too since Qns were getting difficult.

I am clueless about the gameplan for future.
how do I improve my score; I need atleast 700+ and am ready to put in the effort.

just do not how to go about it.

Please help me untangle the mysteries of GMAT.

1] do I go to a private tutor?
Someone told me abt https://www.790gmat.com
I talked with the tutor; I just cannot decide whether it will be worth the time to go to San Francisco [since I live in Sunnyvale, about an hour away from SF]

I am willing to spend money if a good tutor can help me to attack my verbal weaknesses.

2] do I completely do 1000 RC, CR and SC collection?
and then go to a private tutor with my specific weaknesses.

3]
How do I find a study partner for verbal ?
I can help out with the math part.

4]
In my retake of GMAT prep, I got 680, 670, 720, 730, and 750
My MGMAT scores were 680, 700, 680, 720 and 730
So, I was very disappointed to see my real score.

My confidence has shaken.
I just want to go next time with a confidence that I will surely get 700+ score.
Please feel free to give me any suggestions you can think of.

I gave my GMAT and got unbelievably low score. I am very surprised with my score.
I got a raw score of 49 in quant and unbelievable 29 in verbal. poor verbal got me down to 620
i still cannot understand how that happened. my sent corrn and RC Qns were getting tougher. RC was real tough.
so, i thot i was doing well.

my raw verbal scores in the manhattan practice tests and the GMAT CD were hovering between 37-39. i was expecting atleast 680-700 range.

i had practiced about 300-400 hundred Qns from the 1000 SC and 1000 CR list and was pretty confident that I was doing good in test too since Qns were getting difficult.

I am clueless about the gameplan for future.
how do I improve my score; I need atleast 700+ and am ready to put in the effort.

just do not how to go about it.

Please help me untangle the mysteries of GMAT.

1] do I go to a private tutor?
Someone told me abt https://www.790gmat.com
I talked with the tutor; I just cannot decide whether it will be worth the time to go to San Francisco [since I live in Sunnyvale, about an hour away from SF]

I am willing to spend money if a good tutor can help me to attack my verbal weaknesses.

2] do I completely do 1000 RC, CR and SC collection?
and then go to a private tutor with my specific weaknesses.

3]
How do I find a study partner for verbal ?
I can help out with the math part.

4]
In my retake of GMAT prep, I got 680, 670, 720, 730, and 750
My MGMAT scores were 680, 700, 680, 720 and 730
So, I was very disappointed to see my real score.

My confidence has shaken.
I just want to go next time with a confidence that I will surely get 700+ score.
Please feel free to give me any suggestions you can think of.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Hey Clubgmat - Sorry to hear about your scores. Don't lose hope. Take a look at people like mishari (https://gmatclub.com/forum/8-t62535) who worked hard and scored great. Try different things, what works for others may not work for you.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q49  V44
Send PM
IMO, when something like this happens the most important thing is to figure out if its the material or the nerves...

If its the material, and you don't know which areas you're weak in, figure it out by tracking everything. Then focus on those areas, learn the concepts, don't just do the practice problems.

If its the nerves, then read other people tips on how to relax (chill the day before, get to the exam center with time to spare, prepare snacks/drinks for breaks etc) and how to get use to the testing environment by simulating it as closely as possible (get the same paper/markers they have, take whole practice tests without longer than normal breaks, etc)

Good luck next time and let us know the result~
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
I think knowing when to give up will help you get over things. If you waste 4-6 minutes on a problem and your answer still doesn't match one of the choices, it's hard not to spew over that. If you aren't getting anywhere after two minutes and just say heck with it, I think it's a little easier to let go.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts