Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
terp06 wrote:
I believe that Wharton, Chicago, and Kellogg should all release by the end of December for the most part. HBS, Stanford, and MIT most likely will not.

Wharton and Chicago have released before x-mas in the past but that is not a sure bet...with significant increases in applications its possible they wont. Kellogg does theirs on a rolling basis, I found out at the end of November I was admitted...Faceman found out after 5pm on decision day.

Many schools call people the day before or the morning of the deadlines.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
Wharton's website says December 22 is the release date. I expect them to uphold that regardless of prediction application increases.

terp06 wrote:
I believe that Wharton, Chicago, and Kellogg should all release by the end of December for the most part. HBS, Stanford, and MIT most likely will not.
Current Student
Send PM
Those dates are good to know - thanks!

Came across this interview (https://www.mbaadmission.com/tuck/):

Quote:
When do you encourage applicants to apply?

It is to your advantage to apply in the earlier rounds. The admissions committee cannot predict the quality of future applications, and is therefore inclined to admit well-qualified applicants early in the process. In addition, early application ensures that you will receive a decision earlier. That said, we caution people not to rush with the application—it does show! Be thoughtful in your responses; be sure your application is the best it can be. Regardless of the application round, the admissions committee will give full and fair consideration to your candidacy. We do have spaces left for the last round.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
Those dates are good to know - thanks!

Came across this interview (https://www.mbaadmission.com/tuck/):

Quote:
When do you encourage applicants to apply?

It is to your advantage to apply in the earlier rounds. The admissions committee cannot predict the quality of future applications, and is therefore inclined to admit well-qualified applicants early in the process. In addition, early application ensures that you will receive a decision earlier. That said, we caution people not to rush with the application—it does show! Be thoughtful in your responses; be sure your application is the best it can be. Regardless of the application round, the admissions committee will give full and fair consideration to your candidacy. We do have spaces left for the last round.

thanks for the link.

it says 80% of students live on campus during their first year at Tuck. I thought all first year students were REQUIRED to live on campus.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
There is definitely no requirement. Many students are married and/or have families that won't fit into the dorms. They have a community of town homes called Sachem Village which are a couple miles from campus for married students.
Current Student
Send PM
I think Dartmouth requires their undergrads to live on campus for the first year - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

terp06 wrote:
There is definitely no requirement. Many students are married and/or have families that won't fit into the dorms. They have a community of town homes called Sachem Village which are a couple miles from campus for married students.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
I think Dartmouth requires their undergrads to live on campus for the first year - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

terp06 wrote:

thanks. that makes sense.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I just got an email from Tuck. I had the following link in it.

https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/news/vide ... larke.html

I reported my scores to them from my 7/25/08 test. Do you think this is in response to that ? It would have been about 2 weeks ago. When do schools start to receive score reports?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Yeah, I started getting these emails a couple weeks after I sent my score reports to schools. I also got emails from other schools because I "opted in". Some of the emails were quite personal (from lower tier schools) and others more general.

jallenmorris wrote:

I reported my scores to them from my 7/25/08 test. Do you think this is in response to that ? It would have been about 2 weeks ago. When do schools start to receive score reports?
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Darn, and I was starting to feel special :-D lol
raabenb wrote:
Yeah, I started getting these emails a couple weeks after I sent my score reports to schools. I also got emails from other schools because I "opted in". Some of the emails were quite personal (from lower tier schools) and others more general.

jallenmorris wrote:

Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Wait til you start getting the scholarship offers from the lower tiers who want your high GMAT!

jallenmorris wrote:
Darn, and I was starting to feel special :-D lol
raabenb wrote:

jallenmorris wrote:

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
jallenmorris wrote:

I got the same email, but I haven't sent my scores to Tuck yet. I think I received it because I started the application.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I've been getting stuff from University of Tulsa after my 650. They have this marketing campaign going about your "fortune" awaits you at University of Tulsa and actually sent me a box of 4 fortune cookies! I thought it was clever, but then thought "Does anyone outside of Tulsa's city limits respect Tulsa's MBA program?

I let the dog eat the cookies. He liked 'em.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Is the new Tuck application up?
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
raabenb wrote:
Wait til you start getting the scholarship offers from the lower tiers who want your high GMAT!

It's hilarious that you said this today because I just checked my email and receive an email from Boston University stating:

Congratulations! Through the Graduate Management Admission Search Service (GMASS), you have been identified as a preferred candidate for Boston University’s management programs. For the 2008 entering class, more than 75% of students with a similar GMAT score were admitted and received a LEAD Fellowship – valued up to $20,000 per year.

Boston University:
Middle 80% GMAT: 600 - 730.
Middle 80% GPA: 2.9- 3.9
US News Rank: #40

They are the pork to Harvard's Chicken...the other white meat. (the other MBA in Boston)....well, not even that. There's Harvard, MIT, Boston College, Boston University.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
I got the same exact email from BU today (just I had a better scholarship offer) :P Cant wait until I get that scholarship offer from Tuck 8-)

Congratulations! Through the Graduate Management Admission Search Service (GMASS), you have been identified as a preferred candidate for Boston University’s management programs. For the 2008 entering class, more than 75% of students with a similar GMAT score were admitted and received a Dean's Prize Scholarship – valued up to $30,000 per year.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Same.

Congratulations! Through the Graduate Management Admission Search Service (GMASS), you have been identified as a preferred candidate for Boston University’s management programs. For the 2008 entering class, more than 75% of students with a similar GMAT score were admitted and received a Dean's Prize Scholarship – valued up to $30,000 per year.

That's wierd. You have a higher GMAT score than I do jallenmorris. They must be figuring GPA into this as well.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37