Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
I got the same email from BU...it ended up in my spam folder. Anyone else use Yahoo mail and have the same result?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
I'm in for the EA round.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Regarding travel, I'm thinking that flying into Logan (Boston) is the best option. It seems like the Dartmouth Coach is pretty reliable and runs from morning to evening. Also, the Hanover Inn seems like a good option for staying the night before the interview/visit since the Dartmouth Coach drops you off there. Also, a car shouldn't be required if staying there, correct? Does anyone have experience with either of these options?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Is the new Tuck application up?

Yup.

RF
Current Student
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
I just signed up for a Monday Oct 6 interview. Anybody else sign up?

I'm in for Oct 22nd.

RF
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Are these on-campus interviews or telephone interview?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard or Residence Inn in Hanover? They appear to be about 3mi from campus and have a shuttle to/from campus...
cheers,
ac.

maverick2011 wrote:
Regarding travel, I'm thinking that flying into Logan (Boston) is the best option. It seems like the Dartmouth Coach is pretty reliable and runs from morning to evening. Also, the Hanover Inn seems like a good option for staying the night before the interview/visit since the Dartmouth Coach drops you off there. Also, a car shouldn't be required if staying there, correct? Does anyone have experience with either of these options?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
For the true Dartmouth/Hanover experience, I would highly recommend staying at the Hanover Inn on the Dartmouth green - especially if you're going to be getting there during the day time and you will have a chance to enjoy it and take in the scenery.

If you are going to be getting there late at night and just using it a crash pad - then yeah, go for the Courtyard or Residence Inn. I've never stayed at either but I'm sure they're fine.

ac8706 wrote:
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard or Residence Inn in Hanover? They appear to be about 3mi from campus and have a shuttle to/from campus...
cheers,
ac.

maverick2011 wrote:
Current Student
Send PM
jallenmorris wrote:
Are these on-campus interviews or telephone interview?

On campus.

RF
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I know everyone says on-campus is the best to do, what if i just can't make it on-campus?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jallenmorris wrote:
I know everyone says on-campus is the best to do, what if i just can't make it on-campus?

You better have a really, really good reason for not making it on-campus. The only people that they are cutting some slack are international applicants. I live on the West Coast and they told me that they fully expect me to come on-campus to interview. It's for them to gauge fit with the school, as well as for you to gauge fit with the school and figure out whether its right for you. Tuck is different from other schools - they don't offer alumni interviews to domestic candidates unless Tuck invites you to participate in one (I am thinking that they only invite a small handful of students every year). However, everyone is allowed to have an applicant-initiated interview on-campus and this is what almost everyone does.

Give their admissions office a call if you'd like more details or if you need to discuss your specific situation.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
My reason is that I can't afford it. I guess that will mean I should just take Tuck off the list then.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Tuck definitely values visits and on campus interviews, and for a good reason...I think a lot of people love the rep and the idea of tuck. However, when they actually make it to Hanover they may have second doubts. Its a great school but the location definitely isnt for everyone. Even if you love the Tuck community, Hanover can really be a deal breaker...especially if you are married or bringing a gf/bf/fiance. I think more than any school in a big city (or within commutable distance) at a place like Tuck you really need your significant other (if you have one) to determine the possibility for a job that will further their career.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jallenmorris wrote:
My reason is that I can't afford it. I guess that will mean I should just take Tuck off the list then.

If you like the school, I would call the admissions office and see if they can make arrangements for you.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
My wife is a work-at-home mom and runs her business online. She can desgin and make clothes from anywhere so location for her doesn't matter. It's not like she needs to go get a job in the community. We're both used to smaller town life.

right now I'm paying back law school loans, hospital bills for the birth of my son, and 2 trips to the ER in July for my daughter. I've actually taken 2 schools off my list I've had to use money for these extras that I was planning on using for app fees. It sucks, but that's life.

riverripper wrote:
Tuck definitely values visits and on campus interviews, and for a good reason...I think a lot of people love the rep and the idea of tuck. However, when they actually make it to Hanover they may have second doubts. Its a great school but the location definitely isnt for everyone. Even if you love the Tuck community, Hanover can really be a deal breaker...especially if you are married or bringing a gf/bf/fiance. I think more than any school in a big city (or within commutable distance) at a place like Tuck you really need your significant other (if you have one) to determine the possibility for a job that will further their career.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
jallenmorris wrote:

I would give their Admissions Office a call before taking it off the list and see what they have to say. I did notice that on their app they have a comments section for why you didn't visit - so there is room to explain why you didn't go. The question is whether the Tuck folks will think of your reason as "valid".

I hope it works out :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
maverick2011 wrote:

Depends where you are flying from. Manchester NH is a lot closer and southwest flies there so its often cheaper dont know if there is a dartmouth coach there but definitely look into that. You car really isnt required, there were other people the same day as my visit who flew in and took the bus...some rented cars because they wanted to scope out the area to get the true sense of how remote it is (good idea).
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37