Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Need advice from anyone willing to help [#permalink]
Kudos
I read that it is difficult to get into a top 10 B-school with a 2.4 gpa.

My advice is that, since your only a junior status, I would overload on classes and really hit the books hard, and raise your gpa at either school.

However, if your wanting to break into a top consulting firm or BB IB straight from UG, then I would suggest attending Texas A&M, since I haven't heard about the other school, and I know a guy from Texas A&M at McK, so maybe they come and recruit on campus. (This is subjective, since I do not know of the other school)

So bottom line, if your strictly wanting to go to a top school, I would focus on getting the highest gpa possible at either school, with a marketable degree, then work and get good experience that shows leadership, has impact, and uniqueness. (Plus find time for extra-curricular activities)

The most attractive option from my view, would be to bust balls to raise your gpa at Texas A&M, break into BB IB or consulting straight from UG, then apply to top 10 b-school.

I went to a school with no name in the finance industry, but a pretty big name in the engineering industry, but at the time I didn't think it mattered. I tried to get a analyst spot, and didn't succeed. However, I got a good degree, and a good career, so hopefully I can apply and get into a top 10 b school in a few years. If I was a junior, I would have transferred to a more higher ranked school in finance and stayed a year longer in UG and break into IB. Then apply to a top 10 b-school (from what I read they seem to make a larger portion of the class then average joes).

If I wrote anything that is incorrect, please correct me.

Good luck

ps: if b-school is anything like med school or law school, they do not look at just your grades from where you graduated, but ask for all grades from all the schools you went to that is considered UG.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the help.
GMAT Club Bot