Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: You dont even know what you are in for... [#permalink]
Well, I take it in a way that it prepare you to work your a** off in IB or consulting after your MBA.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
*snicker*.... ah the wonders of your first year :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
How weird, I actually have the impression that all the warnings about being overbooked are a hoax. I have a very relaxed schedule, lots of small deliverables but nothing outrageous. Fridays are course-free days (that plus MBA Pub on Thursday afternoon makes Thursday a lets-get-horrendously-drunk night). Monday and Wednesday I finish at noon (2 morning classes), Tuesday and Thursday I finish at 3pm (2 am classes and 1 pm class). I plan to sport almost every day. However, I don't go out every night, only once or twice per week - when I do go out though, I do tend to drink till the bar kicks us out.

The one thing that is good for me is that I waived out of a course that was particularly time-consuming.

Recruiting will also be fairly relaxed since I'm applying for an internship in London, where there is only a single event (London Banking Days), plus a couple of informal events. All in all pretty relaxed (NYC recruits do suffer MUCH more though).

I guess the old motto is true: your schedule can be as busy as you want it to be.

I'd be curious to have other people's opinions about this actually. Is anyone in my situation, or are all of you super busy?

PS: good post River.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
It's not just the USA schools!!!
I'm stupid busy with assignments and group work. I've only had 4 classes so far.
Schedule already filled up with enrichment talks and an entrepreneurship event as well.. Only 1 week in!!! 2 recruitment events... the banks start very early even in Hong Kong, but I;m not cgoing after the banks, so I have a bit of space there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Everything takes as long as you're willing to give it. Wait till an hour before something is due, and it'll only take an hour to do it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
Everything takes as long as your willing to give it. Wait till an hour before something is due, and it'll only take an hour to do it.

Haha, so true.

I rarely procrastinate, but luckily I'm not a perfectionist. I see one of my best qualities as having a knack for deciding when the extra effort won't be worth it and I have no trouble moving on when that's the case. I'd rather get an extra hour of sleep and be fresh for a presentation instead of making sure my powerpoint is completely flawless.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
Everything takes as long as you're willing to give it. Wait till an hour before something is due, and it'll only take an hour to do it.

It's true, but what about the 15 hours spent on feeling guilty for not getting started.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
I have already warned my wife (as she will be called in less than one month) that my schedule is going to be pretty hectic during school. Luckily, the six days of travel I have to do for work has been so awful, she'll think seeing me an hour each day seems tolerable in comparison.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Guys, its not that bad... seriously. If you are spending 16 hours a day on campus / only seeing your wife 1 hour a day, you are doing something wrong.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
Guys, its not that bad... seriously. If you are spending 16 hours a day on campus / only seeing your wife 1 hour a day, you are doing something wrong.

I think it was just the first week...things are settling down now. Pretty much 10 to 5 on campus these days but still doing several hours of work at night (only have one class but its 3hours everyday). Schedule definitely seems like it will be opening up once CIM (orientation) is over.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
rhyme wrote:

I think it was just the first week...things are settling down now. Pretty much 10 to 5 on campus these days but still doing several hours of work at night (only have one class but its 3hours everyday). Schedule definitely seems like it will be opening up once CIM (orientation) is over.

One class 3 hours a day? Every day? That sounds awful - I assume its some kind of pre-term thing?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:
rhyme wrote:

One class 3 hours a day? Every day? That sounds awful - I assume its some kind of pre-term thing?

yup...our first class
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
rhyme wrote:

I'm doing something wrong, I just haven't been able to figure out what it is yet.
Part of it was that lots of programs had applications due this week, so on top of school I had to write several long application essays. Oh and I recertified my CCNP this friday too, so I have been studying for that. This week looks better (I think). Then the corporate presentations start.
Current Student
Send PM
I have 1 class everyday, 3 hours a day as well.. But not spending 15 hours a day on campus... Usually spend about 6 hours and then do some stuff at home. Probably spending around 60 hours a week on school related stuff (includiing weekends).
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
togafoot wrote:
I have 1 class everyday, 3 hours a day as well.. But not spending 15 hours a day on campus... Usually spend about 6 hours and then do some stuff at home. Probably spending around 60 hours a week on school related stuff (includiing weekends).

Wow that's a lot. I'm taking it easy now - lots of sports and social - but things are starting to accumulate, so today will be a working day (after rugby in the pub and before drinks tonight though), tomorrow same thing.
Current Student
Send PM
My course is a lot shorter. 12 months or 16 months if I do an internship, so will likely be more intense.
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
togafoot wrote:
My course is a lot shorter. 12 months or 16 months if I do an internship, so will likely be more intense.

Ok then it totally makes sense. Something's gotta give if you have a short program.
GMAT Club Bot