Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
BB,Storewala and the rest ,,

havent heard from all of you on this one,
should I attempt it the 4th time?.Frankly I want to I dont think that I have ever been such a lousy loser and am still highly motivated. Have been reading perseverance quotes by Einstein and Edison if that helps....

Your valuable views on the time frames I should keep in mind while attempting :? will help.....
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: My dreams go up in smoke [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jabs wrote:
hi I took the test for the 3rd time scored a miserable 580...my last scores were 570 47 m/22 verbal, this time it is 42 maths, 29 verbal.

dont know whether I should dream at all of making it anywhere!!! :cry:

jabs

How much time between the tests do you have?
I mean when did you take the second time?

P.S. sorry - it takes me a while nowadays - but with a free site, you get what you pay for :lol: Just kidding you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmat again? [#permalink]
Hi BB,

finally I heard from someone :roll:

Well attempted Gmat thrice with a gap of 1 month each.
I took the last one 22nd May
I have scheduled my gmat on June 30th because after June I will get busy not ofcourse half as busy as you are!! :lol:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: gmat again? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jabs wrote:
Hi BB,

finally I heard from someone :roll:

Well attempted Gmat thrice with a gap of 1 month each.
I took the last one 22nd May
I have scheduled my gmat on June 30th because after June I will get busy not ofcourse half as busy as you are!! :lol:

:wink:
CTO
CTO
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: IT
Send PM
keep on! [#permalink]
Keep trying jabs! If you really want it, you'll get it. Have you read books? bb read lots of English and American literature to make it. When you read lots it sort of trains your unconsious brain... And it's much more pleasant than to do verbal excercises :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hello guys. I just came back to share something like lot of you folks did and that worked for me. jabs, comeon man, how it is possible that a person like you is loosing your heart over this stupid test. You just didnt clicked. I was in the same position. But now I have been accepted in a university which is ranked 55-60th by usnews and i had almost the same score. My essay and then subsequent letter to the director were the main source for their evaluation because the score i got. i was not expecting to get to even the stupid reasonable colleges. This university (i am deliberately not mentioning the name at this point in time) is well know for it education and sprots and you know the ranking. So, dont get dishearted. 580 is a reasonable score, try to focus your on your essays. and try these univ
univ. of georgia, u washington, u florida, u oregon. They are good colleges and not very expensive like the top ones and they are in the ranking too. small towns, low fee and cohort small programs which are well known in the region. good essays with the same 580 might get you somewhere. dont go for tier 1, unless you are only planning to attend them, and have available resources.
if the later is the case, ask BB for his email and he is helpful, he was atleast with me.
Thanks BB, i got admission, i will let you know through email.syed
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear jabs, another advice,
Just about every M.B.A. program, whether a top-20 or not, is regional. Proof? Turn to the placement section of the web sites of the programs you’re considering. Most of the companies recruiting at those business schools are headquartered in or near that region of the country.

Choose an M.B.A. program where you’d like to live and work after you’ve finished your degree. You’re likely to stay around there for at least the first several years of your post-M.B.A. life.
select your school appropriately
syed
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts