Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Send PM
Eternal Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1629 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wording of ETS Answer [#permalink]
Dear Curly, try to understand me rightly...

This forum is exclusively dedicated to discussing and solving difficult math and verbal questions. I want to see the furum as a shady and tranquil temple of science and wisdom, where relaxing people hold sage, unhurried dialogs; where serious persons quench their thirst for angel knowledle; and where they drink magic wine of heavenly enlightenment...

You disturb people a lot by posting your strange questions and poor grammar. General questions like most of yours are for "Share your experience". I will ask CEO to eliminate you from the forum.
Eternal Intern
Send PM
This isn't a general question.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Send PM
Messr. Stolyar:

Methinks you are being a little harsh here. For one thing, while I am a newbie to this particular forum, I have been a teacher and tutor for many years, and, having participated on many other similar forums, I believe there are no "stupid" questions.

You are obviously one of the more intelligent people on this forum -- please do not succumb to the temptation to become a "snob" -- holding the opinion that only questions that are challenging to YOU are worthy of posting to this board.

There are many foreign speaking participants for which the nuances for the English language are quite daunting (in fact this is true for many native-born Americans as well) and the intent or explanation of the sometimes "technical" language of ETS is often hard to understand at times, even to me.

Just my opinion....

AkamaiBrah
Newport Beach, CA :cry:
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Send PM
Conclusions are based on "premises" which are in fact "claims" that a certain statement is true.

Examples of claims:

"All men are smelly"
"Socrates is a man"

Example of a conclusion based on those claims:
"Therefore, Socrates is smelly"

Does this answer your question?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1629 [0]
Send PM
AkamaiBrah wrote:
Messr. Stolyar:

Methinks you are being a little harsh here. For one thing, while I am a newbie to this particular forum, I have been a teacher and tutor for many years, and, having participated on many other similar forums, I believe there are no "stupid" questions.

You are obviously one of the more intelligent people on this forum -- please do not succumb to the temptation to become a "snob" -- holding the opinion that only questions that are challenging to YOU are worthy of posting to this board.

There are many foreign speaking participants for which the nuances for the English language are quite daunting (in fact this is true for many native-born Americans as well) and the intent or explanation of the sometimes "technical" language of ETS is often hard to understand at times, even to me.

Just my opinion....

AkamaiBrah
Newport Beach, CA :cry:

1. I am not that intelligent; my score is 670
2. I myself a nonnative speaker
3. Your criticism is helpful, however. Probabaly I had a bad day then. I am a kind boy, not that Matrix snob with a razor in his hand, believe me.
4. Nevertheless, I want to see the forum free from extraneous things.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
that means you should focus on what the premise says, not what you think different scenarios are.

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Verbal Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
654 posts
Current Student
733 posts
Current Student
278 posts