Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  115   
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Hey River,
I submitted my Kellogg app around mid-August. When should I expect to receive an interview email/call?

thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
sonibubu wrote:
Hey River,
I submitted my Kellogg app around mid-August. When should I expect to receive an interview email/call?

thanks

Shouldnt take all that long if you are in an area where they have people available to interview. If you are in a small city removed from many alums it might be tougher.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
sonibubu wrote:
Hey River,

thanks

Shouldnt take all that long if you are in an area where they have people available to interview. If you are in a small city removed from many alums it might be tougher.

My second recommender hasn't submitted his rec yet, should that make any difference? I haven't heard from K yet.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
1" margin top, 0.5" margins on the other three sides, 10 pt courier new font (or was it something else, someone in last year's Kellogg thread mentioned this), and a 0.2 to 0.3 Character Spacing reduction (any more will hurt the readability). :)
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sonibubu wrote:
riverripper wrote:
sonibubu wrote:
Hey River,

thanks

My second recommender hasn't submitted his rec yet, should that make any difference? I haven't heard from K yet.

Should not make a difference. I just recieved an invitation for an interview. The admissions director will be in LA for a couple of days and sent out interview invites. I haven't done any part of part 2 yet.

I turned in Part 1 a week ago.

However ironicly, she will be in LA the same time I'll be in chicago.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
sonibubu wrote:

Should not make a difference. I just recieved an invitation for an interview. The admissions director will be in LA for a couple of days and sent out interview invites. I haven't done any part of part 2 yet.

I turned in Part 1 a week ago.

However ironicly, she will be in LA the same time I'll be in chicago.

Wow, that's great. I'd prefer to interview with an admissions committee member over an alum any day.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sonibubu wrote:

Wow, that's great. I'd prefer to interview with an admissions committee member over an alum any day.

Really why? Actually I turned it down since I'm out of town. But I think I prefer alumni. I think alumni are easier to connect with, though there is a lot more luck involved. Can you give me your reason you prefer adcom?
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
sonibubu wrote:

Really why? Actually I turned it down since I'm out of town. But I think I prefer alumni. I think alumni are easier to connect with, though there is a lot more luck involved. Can you give me your reason you prefer adcom?

Consistency. Alumni could be having a bad day, not like you for some reason, ask questions out of left field, etc.

You know what you will get from an admissions officer in terms of types of questions, generally speaking.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sonibubu wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
sonibubu wrote:

Consistency. Alumni could be having a bad day, not like you for some reason, ask questions out of left field, etc.

You know what you will get from an admissions officer in terms of types of questions, generally speaking.

Yup I totally agree, basicly I thought about the two for a while. A lot of people agree with you, I'm actually not a very strong interviewer, so I rather take it from an alumni and hope for someone I connect with.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
1" margin top, 0.5" margins on the other three sides, 10 pt courier new font (or was it something else, someone in last year's Kellogg thread mentioned this), and a 0.2 to 0.3 Character Spacing reduction (any more will hurt the readability). :)

Thanks for the clarification.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Note, if you interview on campus it is possible you will be interviewing with a student not with an actual adcom. Some students that interview do also read essays. I wouldnt worry about who interviews you, it wont make much of a difference one way or another.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Hey All,

I have an on-campus interview on monday morning at 930 am, and kinda feel stupid not having asked some basic questions when I scheduled the interview to the adcom. Can anyone on this forum help me out here by answering these questions:

1. For the on-campus interview, we have to be at the admissions office at our scheduled time right? Or is there some other location at the Evanston campus that we're expected at? I didn't quite recieve any emails to this effect?

2. Is there anything besides our resume that we should take along?

3. Is the interview accompanied by a class visit/interaction with students like the other schools?

Appreciate any quick responses on this.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
CaptainMolecule wrote:
1. For the on-campus interview, we have to be at the admissions office at our scheduled time right? Or is there some other location at the Evanston campus that we're expected at? I didn't quite recieve any emails to this effect?

I would show up early but I always show up early for appointments since it definitely makes a better impression. Yes just go to he Jacobs center if you come from the Sheridan entrance just take the elevators on the left when you walk through the doors up to the second floor. The admissions office is right there.

CaptainMolecule wrote:
2. Is there anything besides our resume that we should take along?

I always bring a notbook and pen, along with a few copies of my resume to interviews. Of course wear a suit too.

CaptainMolecule wrote:
3. Is the interview accompanied by a class visit/interaction with students like the other schools?

When you show up at admissions you can ask for a class visit, a tour, and lunch with a student. If you have the day to spend there I would try do all of them. Monday afternoon I recommend you sit in on Prof Mazzeo's Business Strategy (MGMT-431). Its a required core for everystudent and its in a large room and they leave room for visitors. If you want finance one of the more popular fin electives is Monday afternoons. International Finance (FINC-470) with Prof. Rebelo. Both these classes are offered at 1:30 and at 3:30, not sure if there will be room in Int. Fin but there should definitely be room in the strat class.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
So is anyone else struggling with the opening of essay 1? The body and conclusion of my essay are great but my opening just is kinda...blah. It doesn't scream "wow" or "read me I'm interesting!". It's just super ordinary. Any tips or suggestions?
ac.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q50  V42
Send PM
riverripper, thanks a ton for your quick responses.
Current Student
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Is there anyone else interviewing off-campus? If so, have you received an invite yet?
I submitted in Mid-August but no feedback from them yet. My status on the Kellogg website is the following:

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline.

First time I read it I thought they are waiving the interview for me, but I think it's likely I will have my interview (I live between DC and Baltimore so I'm sure there's quite a few alumni interviewers in the area) -- hopefully soon.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
How is everyone filling out their extracurriculars? Kellogg gives you very little space to input the titles. They also say please provide a brief description. Where? In the "offices held" section? The character limits force me to use acronyms for the titles of some groups and then just say "community service" under postions held, which I find to be pretty limiting.

Is this all they want to see? Should we use an optional essay to explain what the organizations were (the ones we don't elaborate on in the main essays)? They obviously don't want detailed descriptions given the space limits they enforce, but I have a hard time believing this is all the space they want us to dedicate to it. Or do they just care about the hours?

Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts