Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
Didn't realize this:

Quote:
Transcripts
Your application for admission to The Duke MBA must include a legible, scanned copy of your official transcript(s) that can be uploaded to the online application form. Self-reported transcripts are not acceptable with the online application. You should submit scanned transcripts for each college or university you have attended. Hard copies of official transcripts will not be accepted prior to an offer of admission.

I'll have to be uber-organized on Monday to get this!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
I just signed up for my interview and noticed that the email said the dress code is business casual. Are you guys actually dressing business casual or are you wearing a suit? I'd prefer to wear a suit. For those that have already interviewed - how many people at your visit were in suit v non suit? Thanks
Current Student
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
I just signed up for my interview and noticed that the email said the dress code is business casual. Are you guys actually dressing business casual or are you wearing a suit? I'd prefer to wear a suit. For those that have already interviewed - how many people at your visit were in suit v non suit? Thanks

I noticed that too and I was going to go with a suit, but I'm curious what others who have actually interviewed did.

RF
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
where did u read that?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
refurb wrote:
IHateTheGMAT wrote:

I noticed that too and I was going to go with a suit, but I'm curious what others who have actually interviewed did.

RF

There's a mix. If you're more comfortable in a suit, go with that. If you do go business casual, I'd bump it up and be sure you have a pretty tailored look. (A polo shirt would be at the bottom of the business casual hierarchy, if you ask me.)
Current Student
Send PM
nadtrans wrote:
where did u read that?

It's in the interview confirmation email:

"Attire for campus interviews and visits is business casual."

RF
Current Student
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
There's a mix. If you're more comfortable in a suit, go with that. If you do go business casual, I'd bump it up and be sure you have a pretty tailored look. (A polo shirt would be at the bottom of the business casual hierarchy, if you ask me.)

Thanks Aaudetat! I would be more comfortable in a suit, but I didn't want to come across as "stuffy" or anything.

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
refurb wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

Thanks Aaudetat! I would be more comfortable in a suit, but I didn't want to come across as "stuffy" or anything.

RF

I think that suits should be worn to interviews unless directed others by an alumni interviewer (which won't be the case for on campus interviews at Duke who uses 2Y students). As a possible comprimise, you can lose the tie if you don't want to feel stuffy. Personally I think that is the next step below business attrire (as opposed to shirt/tie with no coat), although others may disagree.
Current Student
Send PM
refurb wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

RF

I'm going with the blazer-skirt look. The blazer is black, skirt is houndstooth. I think that's a good in-btwn the suit and the more casual end of business casual...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
for Indian applicants (from English medium background) , Is it required the recommender address the following question?..I told my recommender that its not required. But just want to confirm with other club members...

"For non-native English speakers, please comment on the applicant's verbal and written English ability ."

any indian applicant so far?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
refurb wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

RF

I feel the same way. I'm much more comfortable interviewing in a suit but I don't want to look stuffy. If it's roughly half and half then I guess a suit is ok. Aaudetat, how do the student interviewers feel about it? Does a suit come accross as stuffy?
Current Student
Send PM
So another question: Duke asks the following in their app -
Quote:
Duke requires completion of at least one college-level calculus course with a 'C' or better prior to enrollment. Have you met this requirement?

Does high school Advanced Placement Calc (considered college level) count for this?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ac8706 wrote:
So another question: Duke asks the following in their app -
Quote:
Duke requires completion of at least one college-level calculus course with a 'C' or better prior to enrollment. Have you met this requirement?

Does high school Advanced Placement Calc (considered college level) count for this?

I'm thinking that's the kind of question only the adcom can answer (at least that's the only source I'd trust).

RF
Current Student
Send PM
thanks refurb - I was thinking of calling/emailing next week but figured I'd check here first :)
Current Student
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
thanks refurb - I was thinking of calling/emailing next week but figured I'd check here first :)

It's worth while posting just to see if anyone else is in the same situation and has an answer. I know I always ask my questions here first!

Be sure and let gmatclub know what the adcom says, I'm actually curious what their answer will be!

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
refurb wrote:
nadtrans wrote:
where did u read that?

It's in the interview confirmation email:

"Attire for campus interviews and visits is business casual."

When I went for my interview two weeks ago, I dressed in khaki slacks, cord blazer, and my standard pair of brown shoes. It was fine. Levels of dressiness varied among the other interviewees, and the interviewers (second year students) didn't care. My feeling is that if they cared to state business casual, they weren't kidding. Chill out.

Honestly, I don't even own a suit. I'll resist doing so as long as possible. I think it's terribly pretentious and silly to insist that people wear them... especially just so I can come interview for matriculation to your school.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
Ntang wrote:
Honestly, I don't even own a suit. I'll resist doing so as long as possible. I think it's terribly pretentious and silly to insist that people wear them... especially just so I can come interview for matriculation to your school.

What career path do you plan to pursue post-MBA?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  50