Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
filmcity wrote:
I have my interview on 13th October as well and I did not receive the automated-reply even :( . I have resent my resume byut still no automated reply

Hey filmcity, Glad to know that someone else is visiting on 13th. I will be in a Charcoal grey suit, sky blue shirt, and either an Orange or a grey tie. I wear specs and I am of Indian origin. Hope to meet you. Don't get discouraged with no email. I think your interview will be on. I view the automated email which I got as redundant , if that makes you feel better :)
Current Student
Send PM
Hi folks,
Does anyone know how Tuck financial aid works? It seems that the scholarships are need based...what's the salary range that falls into that bucket? I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth applying for it...

cheers,
ac.
Current Student
Send PM
rgajare14 wrote:
filmcity wrote:
I have my interview on 13th October as well and I did not receive the automated-reply even :( . I have resent my resume byut still no automated reply

Hey filmcity, Glad to know that someone else is visiting on 13th. I will be in a Charcoal grey suit, sky blue shirt, and either an Orange or a grey tie. I wear specs and I am of Indian origin. Hope to meet you. Don't get discouraged with no email. I think your interview will be on. I view the automated email which I got as redundant , if that makes you feel better :)

Thanks for the encouragement..

Funny thing is I got an email from Tuck , saying that whether I would really visit, since they did not receive any communication from me :(

Anyways, I saw it today after reaching NYC and have sent them my resume for the third time
Current Student
Send PM
You know even back in Sept when I visited, the office of admissions was super busy. There seemed to be only one lady handling all the prospective students, the scheduling, etc. The day after my interview, I even got a letter saying "Sorry you couldn't make it" and had to call and get the status corrected! :shock:

They were pretty nice about, admitted there was a mistake, and all was well but still made me nervous!

I wonder if the same thing is happening to you? They're just busy and confused?
cheers,
ac.

filmcity wrote:
rgajare14 wrote:
filmcity wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement..

Funny thing is I got an email from Tuck , saying that whether I would really visit, since they did not receive any communication from me :(

Anyways, I saw it today after reaching NYC and have sent them my resume for the third time
Current Student
Send PM
So there's a section in the Tuck app that asks you about courses you might take prior to matriculation...is there value in filling out this section? or does it harm your app?

I'm planning to take courses in micreecon, calc 1 before starting but don't want to write it in the app if it will make the adcom think "well why didn't she take these before the app?"

Does that make sense? I might be completely overthinking this but really want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything :)

thanks for your help!
ac.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
So there's a section in the Tuck app that asks you about courses you might take prior to matriculation...is there value in filling out this section? or does it harm your app?

I'm planning to take courses in micreecon, calc 1 before starting but don't want to write it in the app if it will make the adcom think "well why didn't she take these before the app?"

Does that make sense? I might be completely overthinking this but really want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything :)

thanks for your help!
ac.

I was curious about the same thing. I definitely plan to take a stats course before I start but I have not registered anywhere yet. Would it be OK to just mention that I intend to take such a class? Or will they want to confirm it in any way?
Current Student
Send PM
app submitted!!

yay!!

ac.
Current Student
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
app submitted!!

yay!!

ac.

awesome! I am almost there, should be done tomorrow. BTW what did you do about the course part? Did you mention the courses you plan to take? Have you actually registered for these courses or will do so later.

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
yup i did mention the courses - I spoke with their admissions office, they said that it was better to list the courses than leave room for doubt...
I haven't registered for these courses yet but do know that if I am admitted, I plan to take them.

prospect wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
app submitted!!

yay!!

ac.

awesome! I am almost there, should be done tomorrow. BTW what did you do about the course part? Did you mention the courses you plan to take? Have you actually registered for these courses or will do so later.

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
yup i did mention the courses - I spoke with their admissions office, they said that it was better to list the courses than leave room for doubt...
I haven't registered for these courses yet but do know that if I am admitted, I plan to take them.

prospect wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
app submitted!!

yay!!

ac.

Thanks!

Thanks ac.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
I'm planning to submit tonight, and I just realized that you have to submit the scholarship application by 10/22! Most schools consider all admits without a seperate application right? I'm glad I saw that today...
Current Student
Send PM
Yesterday I visited Tuck

There were almost 40 people (or more than that) visiting!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Did everyone include only their full time post-college work experience on the app or did you include internships and part time jobs while in college (some schools ask for this)
Current Student
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Did everyone include only their full time post-college work experience on the app or did you include internships and part time jobs while in college (some schools ask for this)

I had only the full time work. But my resume includes the important college experiences so I figured I was covered...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Finished my interview yesterday at Tuck. There were roughly around 40 people visiting. It was a big crowd, maybe because it was Monday and people want to club it along with the weekend. As people who had already interviewed had described, interview was more like a conversation. Met filmcity. Buddy, sorry later I lost you in the crowd.

Now back to the app, planning to submit it tomorrow. Is there a separate app for scholarships ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
IHateTheGMAT wrote:

I had only the full time work. But my resume includes the important college experiences so I figured I was covered...

Thanks ac.

FYI, I called admissions and they said yes, include the internships. Ac, you should be fine since you have that info on your resume but I just wanted to give a heads up to others. I was a bit surprised by it. Will need to add my internships tonight.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Tuck website says ,

Applications are due by 5:00 PM EST
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  37