Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:23 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Best Book for GMAT Preparation [#permalink]
they will publish a new edition in the end of this month and the preview look very comprehansive and clear -

Did you meant they will publish a new edition i.e Official guide 12 this month?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
chitrakar,

Verbal: OG 11.. DO all the questions in math and verbal sections.. understand the explanations - very important as this is the logic GMAT expects test-takers to apply. For sentence correction (SC), use Manhattan SCs. For Critical Reasoning (CR), Kaplan is good. But, avoid Kaplan for other sections of the GMAT. For Reading Comprehension (RC), OG 11 should be good. You may also use ARCO GRE to work out a few passages.

Practice tests (computer based): Please take only GPrep and PowerPrep. Avoid other tests as they are either too easy or too difficult.

For more info., drop me a line at: somushankar@rocketmail.com
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
inspirer wrote:
they will publish a new edition in the end of this month and the preview look very comprehansive and clear -

Did you meant they will publish a new edition i.e Official guide 12 this month?

Thanks!

Manhattan GMAT just released the 2008 edition of their series, so I would assume that's what he/she meant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The best book to start with by far is Cracking the GMAT, the Princeton Review book. It has the best overall explanation of the test IMHO. They make it easy to understand and it's actually kind of funny (they don't seem to think a whole lot of this test, just like us, lol). The tips for each question type really helped me also to help me keep my timing good and for doing smart guessing when I was running out of time. The tests are good too.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
austin99 wrote:
Practice tests (computer based): Please take only GPrep and PowerPrep. Avoid other tests as they are either too easy or too difficult.

Actually, I would disagree. Powerprep is too old to be really that useful anymore. The scoring algorithm has changed a bit, and it's definitely easier than the current test. I wouldn't bother with Powerprep unless you're really out of other materials and just want extra practice (most of those questions are in the OG 10, btw).

GMATPrep is undoubtedly the best but I also used the PR tests and I would highly recommend those. They are adaptive like the real one and they're great practice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I liked Cracking the GMAT too, it was very helpful. So was Manhattan Review's quant book
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I plan to use OG, Princeton, Kaplan and GMAT prep...and of course..all the questions discussed on this forum.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3
Send PM
PowerScore CR, Aristotle SC,RC99,CR99 are also good for basics and practice
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
hi!

I have just started with my GMAT preparation and I must say the GMAT Club has been of a great use in providing me some vital information regarding the preparation. I have already purchased OG 13 and Princeton's review. I am planning to buy Manhattan series for my other sections. Also,my maths is not very good since i left it after my tenth standard. I am quite confused between Kaplan workbook ,Kaplan basic foundation and EZ solutions for maths. Kindly suggest which one would be apt for clearing my concepts. Am aiming at a score of 750. I have two months in hand to prepare. Kindly suggest if I should start with the manhattan series first or continue with my OG 13 ? or should these be done simultaneously? let me know ! Also, which one of the two would be better to prepare from...MGMAT or Grail?

Thanks
Hemanshu
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
raihemanshu wrote:
hi!

I have just started with my GMAT preparation and I must say the GMAT Club has been of a great use in providing me some vital information regarding the preparation. I have already purchased OG 13 and Princeton's review. I am planning to buy Manhattan series for my other sections. Also,my maths is not very good since i left it after my tenth standard. I am quite confused between Kaplan workbook ,Kaplan basic foundation and EZ solutions for maths. Kindly suggest which one would be apt for clearing my concepts. Am aiming at a score of 750. I have two months in hand to prepare. Kindly suggest if I should start with the manhattan series first or continue with my OG 13 ? or should these be done simultaneously? let me know ! Also, which one of the two would be better to prepare from...MGMAT or Grail?

Thanks
Hemanshu

Check this..

best-gmat-books-118706.html
GMAT Club Bot