Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:36 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Prep Material Advice [#permalink]
Thank you guys for your advice. I've been thinking about the Kaplan book, but I've read bad reviews about it. Is there a better all-in-one review book you would recommend? I would go deeper into the individual topics after I study and learn what my weaknesses are. Thanks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
if you have the OGs and MG guides, that should be enough. it's really about practice, documenting which problems you get consistently wrong, and making sure you figure out exactly why you missed them. if you do get through all the problems (which takes a while), go back and the ones you missed and see if you missed them again.

if you want to diagnose weaknesses, take a real practice exam from GMAT. that will probably give you the most accurate representation of your strengths and weaknesses.

also, here's my debrief which goes over more stuff in detail.
8-t66345

GL
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It depends on what level you are at now. If you're already getting 700's in the practice tests, then just review some materials. If you're scoring well below your aim, you might want to take some courses. Before I took the GMAT last year, I took a course w/Manhattan review and improved my score by about 80 pts. When do you think you'll be taking the GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I actually have not started yet. Ordered my materials, and they'll arrive soon. I'm planning to spend 3 months to study (2 hrs or more each day), so I might take it in 02/09.

I'm not sure if I will take a class in person; I don't have the time and I don't learn well that way. But I would consider the online class.

Thanks again for the advice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not to be smarmy, but if you don't learn well in class, isn't that going to make b-school a challenge?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well a lot of Bschool isn't sitting in class memorizing strategies to take a standardized test. I took an online class and I thought it was great. I live in the middle of nowhere so that was a lot easier for me. Ended up with a 710 and am working on the other parts of my app right now...essays :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's a good point. I should rephrase it as: going to a class in person doesn't add much value to me other than the extra material they present in class; I would learn as well on my own. So I guess I would be up for the challenge of B school... hopefully :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:-D
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts