Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Georgetown-McDonough 2009 Applicants [#permalink]
I think I am going to apply here...Hopefully Round 1, but not sure if I'll be able to make it!
Current Student
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Minimal81 wrote:
I think I am going to apply here...Hopefully Round 1, but not sure if I'll be able to make it!

If you're going R1, you'd better hurry! Everything (including interview) is due a week from Friday! I'm nearly done with essays, transcripts and scores have been sent, recs are in process, and my interview is Monday. It was a somewhat late addition for me as well, and I find I'm genuinely excited!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 587 [0]
Send PM
Omne wrote:
Minimal81 wrote:

If you're going R1, you'd better hurry! Everything (including interview) is due a week from Friday! I'm nearly done with essays, transcripts and scores have been sent, recs are in process, and my interview is Monday. It was a somewhat late addition for me as well, and I find I'm genuinely excited!

I thought we had until mid December to have the on campus interview (even for R1)?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 975 [0]
Send PM
Count me in for R2. I've written first draft of essays. Need to fine tune them and get the other stuff ready. I'm an intl. student. Correct me if I'm wrong but scheduling interviews is only applicable for on-campus interviews right? I'm assuming that internationals have to wait for the adcom to send interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Im going for R-2, didnt apply on R-1 to any school due to late Gmat test date
Started the online application
seems that they like oldies like me over 35 with more then few years of work experience 8-)
and i just love the school tradition
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 587 [0]
Send PM
I had an opportunity to sit in on the GT chat this morning and they had said that the on-campus interview does not have to be before the R1 deadline. i.e. I am scheduled for an interview in Dec. and will be considered as an R1 applicant (as long as everything else is submitted, including all official transcripts/official scores, before Nov. 7th).
Current Student
 Q44  V38
Send PM
gmat blows wrote:
I had an opportunity to sit in on the GT chat this morning and they had said that the on-campus interview does not have to be before the R1 deadline. i.e. I am scheduled for an interview in Dec. and will be considered as an R1 applicant (as long as everything else is submitted, including all official transcripts/official scores, before Nov. 7th).

The chat actually happened? I kept getting timeout errors when attempting to connect. Any other highlights from it?

Regardless, I didn't know we had time to do the interview. Oh well, I guess I'll just get it out of the way Monday!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes it happened. I had the same problem with the chat.
I asked them by email to send me the chat transcript and they said they will see what they can do.
If they do i will post it here or provide a link.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck on your interview Omne!!

Please let us know how it went...
Current Student
 Q44  V38
Send PM
My interview went ok. I had read through Rhyme's guide on the main page, and did some other prep work. I spent 6 hours in the car getting there, so I had plenty of time to think! The interview was with a second-year student. He gave me his background, then started asking questions. They were pretty standard: walk me through your resume, goals, why MBA, why here, etc. He asked what I thought about the economy and also asked a specific question about my career path which stumped me. I also think I blew the first question as I neglected to mention many main points on my resume! Oops!

I submitted my application this afternoon, so it's all out of my hands. Hopefully they'll look kindly at me! I am nervous because my undergraduate record isn't that good.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1454 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone gotten a admit yet for Georgetown? I know its early, but figured I'd ask?
Current Student
 Q44  V38
Send PM
From what I understand, Georgetown releases all decisions on the actual date (January 12th).

That being said, my application status was changed to "Complete and under review by admissions committee." I still don't think we'll know anything for awhile, but just wanted everyone to know the status change
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1454 [0]
Send PM
I would assume they do that so they can compare all the apps against each other to get the best, before making any promises to applicants.
Current Student
 Q44  V38
Send PM
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:
I would assume they do that so they can compare all the apps against each other to get the best, before making any promises to applicants.

Definitely. And just to make me sweat even more, I think they're trying to boost their falling rankings so they'll admit all superstars, and fringe candidates like me may get left out. Crap!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Omne wrote:
jimmyjamesdonkey wrote:

Definitely. And just to make me sweat even more, I think they're trying to boost their falling rankings so they'll admit all superstars, and fringe candidates like me may get left out. Crap!

That's one way to look at it. Another would be that since their ranking has fallen, their yield numbers are going to drop. If they are expecting less people to accept their invites, then they will have to dole out more acceptance to reach their target class size.

I have absolutely no idea if my "theory" here holds water.. but lets hope so!
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
I'm looking for some insight on my situation...

I'm local to the georgetown area, and am contemplating between part time and full time. My company won't give me a significant raise if I receive this degree while working part time. So I am trying to figure out if it's really worth killing myself going part time while still working or not getting paid and going full time. However, I would ideally like to leave the DC area, and I'm not sure how good Georgetown's recruiting is for New EnglandNYC or the west coast which are the two areas I'd like to move to.

I need to identify a school that is more a safety than the top 10-12 I am applying to.. and this one seems like the obvious because a) I won't have to move, b) my husband can keep his job, c) I won't have to sell my condo/find renters.
Current Student
Concentration: Biotech, Operations, Supply Chain
Schools:Duke, Kellogg, Michigan, Stanford, Darden
Send PM
jlola21 wrote:
I'm looking for some insight on my situation...

I'm local to the georgetown area, and am contemplating between part time and full time. My company won't give me a significant raise if I receive this degree while working part time. So I am trying to figure out if it's really worth killing myself going part time while still working or not getting paid and going full time. However, I would ideally like to leave the DC area, and I'm not sure how good Georgetown's recruiting is for New EnglandNYC or the west coast which are the two areas I'd like to move to.

I need to identify a school that is more a safety than the top 10-12 I am applying to.. and this one seems like the obvious because a) I won't have to move, b) my husband can keep his job, c) I won't have to sell my condo/find renters.

Hehe, jlola we're like the same person. We're applying to a lot of the same schools, both in DC, both considering GTown part-time. Right now, I'm deciding if I really want to break down and do the application or if I should wait to hear from my full-time schools that will let me know before the Jan 9th part-time deadline.

My company definitely won't give me a raise either, but I'm not sure where I want to end up post-MBA. I do want to change fields so I'm not sure if going part-time GTown will let me do that either.

We're in the same boat :?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4