Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 623 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 623 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt fall 09 appliant [#permalink]
Kudos
finance...how was your interview? did you already submit the app?

Originally posted by young_gun on 14 Sep 2008, 08:56.
Last edited by young_gun on 14 Sep 2008, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
The interview went fine. I had interviewed with the director of admissions. He is a very nice person. I haven't send in my application yet. I just did interview first. They were in Houston last week for the MBA tour.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'm applying, mostly because I'm a big fan of Nashville and I think I stand a decent chance of getting in. I understand Vandy's really strong on healthcare management, but I'm not really into that. I'll probably focus on general management and entrepreneurship. Y'all?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Ntang wrote:
I'm applying, mostly because I'm a big fan of Nashville and I think I stand a decent chance of getting in. I understand Vandy's really strong on healthcare management, but I'm not really into that. I'll probably focus on general management and entrepreneurship. Y'all?

I am applying Vanderbilt's healthcare MBA program.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I am thinking about going to Vanderbilt's Discovery Weekend on Nov 7,8. Everyone else interested in going there that weekend?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I want to go to VU's Discovery Weekend, but I already have a trip planned for that weekend. I imagine that it will be great though. Nashville is an awesome city.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone hear back from Vandy yet? The website states that all first rounders will know by November 20th. Any other applicants apply Round 1???

Good luck !!!
:-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Columbia (all round 2)
WE 1: Consulting
Send PM
I have been researching Vandy for a few weeks and really like what I see - tight knit student culture, laid back atmosphere, fun city, etc. How do we think Vandy will be effected by the economic slow down. Looks like they have some great finance placements in NYC/Charlotte, but won't a school like Vandy be more negatively affected in finance placements than core schools? Or would Vandy still be strong because they are not a target school to begin with but get placements based on alumni outreaching and networking.

Also on the health program side - I am surprised that there are not any placements with the "biggies" - Unitedhealth Group, Kaiser, Aetna, etc. Is this because demand for these students is so high in Nashville that CSC does not have to look much beyond current recruiting resources?

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Vanderbilt Early Admission Comes out this Friday! Any anxious applicants waiting to hear back?? :shock:

Application Deadlines for Vanderbilt MBA Class of 2011

October 13, 2008 - First Round Early Action Deadline

Applicants who wish to be considered for the First Round must interview by October 30th. All decisions about first-round applicants will be made and communicated no later than November 21, 2008.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Vanderbilt Fall 09 applicants [#permalink]
I just got mine in for R2. Good luck with EA, I visited last week -- Vandy is a fantastic school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone get notification for early admissions????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
My status changed to OA (offer of admissions) online and I also received an acceptance email on the morning of the 21st. Good luck to everyone else applying.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Snigell, congrats! was there any information in regards to scholarship posted on your acceptance letter?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks nyufro....no info on scholarship so will have to dole out a lot of money :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had a great phone interview and eagerly await their decision. I also just got a handwritten thank you letter from my interviewer. Did everyone get this? Not sure if its a good sign or a default procedure?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hey dudes,
Applied to Vandy on the R2 deadline and got the notification yesterday. A few things:
1. I also got a thank you note after the interview, so I think it's SOP. However, I did get in, so maybe it is a good sign.
2. I did not see any scholarship info in my acceptance e-mail or status change online, so I wrote a (brief) email of inquiry to the AdCom I interviewed with to see when/if I would get any scholarship info. She said that she had wanted to call me before the e-mail went out, because I was receiving a scholarship. Regardless, they never include that information in the acceptance e-mail, so I would just wait for the official letter in the mail and hope they just didn't get around to calling you.

Hope that helps. Vanderbilt is still under serious consideration for me because Nashville is such a great town and Vanderbilt seemed like the best fit culturally when I visited this fall. Best of luck to all!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
I think Vandy has a very strong local presence. Although not famous on the national stage, but it is regarded highly by Tennesseans. If you are interested in Healthcare MBA, you should definitely put Vandy on your list!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2