Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q41  V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
 Q44  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS '11
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
mikenyc wrote:
Well, I don't want to call anyone's BS just yet, but I did attend the Many Voices diversity recruiting event at the Stanford GSB on Saturday, and spoke to Eric Abrams (Director of Outreach, member of the AdCom) briefly about this topic. Someone asked if they started sending out interview invites yet, and he just laughed. He said he started reading apps on Thursday.

So while I don't think it's impossible for someone to have already received an invite, this guy's well in the minority. Speaking to current students, I asked them when they received their interview invites, and a lot of them said late November, early December. So no one should be worrying right now!

seems like you are right... https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=76731

this is a great example of why gmat club > bw
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
want to throw my hat in to the ring.

how can i add my name to the r2 applicants?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
This is from Derrick's blog:

First, congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in Round 1!

Many of you have asked whether there is a relationship between the timing of your interview invitation and your chance of admission. You'll find the "what" and "why" of interviews covered on our website in Interviews , so I'll focus on the "when."

Please be assured that your likelihood of admission bears no relationship to when you receive your interview invitation; the timing of your invitation simply depends on when we review your file--and there is no pattern to application review.

Interviews for Round 1 applicants start as soon as possible after the application deadline-- typically early November--and last through mid January. We expect to send Round 1 interview invitations pretty regularly, every business day or so, through mid December. Even during Stanford's winter shutdown (22 December 2008 through 5 January 2009) we continue to read feverishly but tend to bundle invitations and send them every few days. (One reason for the bundling is that our building is unheated for the entire shutdown and we are thin-blooded Californians!)

We hope to send almost all Round 1 interview invitations by mid-January 2009, though some will go out later. We also may ask some of you to join the waitlist without an interview.

No matter when you receive your invitation to interview, you have the same chance of admission as any other candidate.

I hope this is helpful. Back to my files...
Derrick

So what does this mean? Have they started to send them out or what? I guess we only know if someone (reliable) receives an invite! Oh, the waiting game...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
That post is pretty similar to the one he put up last year at this time. In last year's, though, he did confirm that invites had already started to go out. In other words... I have no idea :)

In all seriousness, the order of interview invites has no bearing whatsoever on chance of admission. Really. None. Just wait (I know it's excruciating) and see.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS '11
 Q50  V46
Send PM
mikenyc wrote:
This is from Derrick's blog:

First, congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in Round 1!

Many of you have asked whether there is a relationship between the timing of your interview invitation and your chance of admission. You'll find the "what" and "why" of interviews covered on our website in Interviews , so I'll focus on the "when."

Please be assured that your likelihood of admission bears no relationship to when you receive your interview invitation; the timing of your invitation simply depends on when we review your file--and there is no pattern to application review.

Interviews for Round 1 applicants start as soon as possible after the application deadline-- typically early November--and last through mid January. We expect to send Round 1 interview invitations pretty regularly, every business day or so, through mid December. Even during Stanford's winter shutdown (22 December 2008 through 5 January 2009) we continue to read feverishly but tend to bundle invitations and send them every few days. (One reason for the bundling is that our building is unheated for the entire shutdown and we are thin-blooded Californians!)

We hope to send almost all Round 1 interview invitations by mid-January 2009, though some will go out later. We also may ask some of you to join the waitlist without an interview.

No matter when you receive your invitation to interview, you have the same chance of admission as any other candidate.

I hope this is helpful. Back to my files...
Derrick

So what does this mean? Have they started to send them out or what? I guess we only know if someone (reliable) receives an invite! Oh, the waiting game...

btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
bball wrote:
btw, my status on the application website now has the message: "Your application is complete and currently under review." A bunch of others on BW reported the same... I think it says the same for everyone now. guess it really is waiting time!

Same here...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Wharton, LBS, Stanford, MIT, NYU, Columbia
Send PM
applied r1 as well. god help us all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
monkbent wrote:
bball wrote:

Same here...

submitted 10/27, mine also says it's complete and under review. good luck everyone!
Current Student
 Q44  V41
Send PM
mine says the same thing.
i submitted on the 29th in the afternoon. good luck :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
Every fricking time I see new posts on this thread I open it afraid that invites have already been sent out (much like it happened with HBS)!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Booth 2012
Send PM
Me too! It's terrifying!

Paradosso wrote:
Every fricking time I see new posts on this thread I open it afraid that invites have already been sent out (much like it happened with HBS)!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
You got the HBS one though!
Current Student
Send PM
True... but still!
Current Student
Send PM
invites have started.... 2 reports on BW forums.
Current Student
 Q44  V41
Send PM
egy wrote:
invites have started.... 2 reports on BW forums.

hm all quiet on the stanford front for me. hopefully many more invites to come...
i'm pretty sure I blew my Wharton interview yesterday, so I'll cross my fingers for this one.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
chitchat wrote:

hm all quiet on the stanford front for me. hopefully many more invites to come...
i'm pretty sure I blew my Wharton interview yesterday, so I'll cross my fingers for this one.

Also waiting.

Here's to hoping :)

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts