Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
VP
VP
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
Somebody on BW called admissions about this and was told there is no difference between "Pending" and "Pending Committee Review."

Leverandon wrote:
So I went from Pending to Pending Committee Review today. Did people who have received interview invites have that happen to them relatively soon before receiving interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Ntang wrote:
I submitted 10/14. My "I am a person who..." statement was all personal - just stated broadly my goal for my professional life. 53 words total.

I filled mine with a bunch of non sequitur personal trivia. My thought is that if you fill it with a bunch of work goals and shop talk, it's going to make you look bland and interchangeable. Besides, you have three other essays to address that.

Have fun with it...I'm sure they are.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 527 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
Somebody on BW called admissions about this and was told there is no difference between "Pending" and "Pending Committee Review."

Leverandon wrote:
So I went from Pending to Pending Committee Review today. Did people who have received interview invites have that happen to them relatively soon before receiving interview invites?

That's true...... check out the adcom's words on this......
https://dardenadmissions.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/application-status-change/

My status is still "complete" though...... :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
devansh_god wrote:
solaris1 wrote:

Leverandon wrote:

That's true...... check out the adcom's words on this......
https://dardenadmissions.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/application-status-change/

My status is still "complete" though...... :?

Oh cool...thanks for the link.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [1]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Kudos
It's great to see that a bunch of people have received interview invites. I wanted to offer congratulations and to stress that the interview really does matter for Darden (this is based on my personal experience rather than the party line). More than almost any other school (certainly among their elite peers), Darden adcoms really look for people that are interested in and will embrace the culture and community here. So, my tip would be to learn as much as you can about the community (Darden as well as Charlottesville) and have a story about how you will take advantage as well as fit in. Some key points to hit on would be that you are aware of the work load and aren't afraid (you might point out that you want to get as much out of your MBA education as possible as long as you are paying for it), that you are interested in the Darden community (Darden Capital Management is a point of emphasis for the trustees) and that you want to be in Charlottesville (hiking trails, historic campus, ideal college-town feel, golf).

Good Luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
pelihu wrote:
It's great to see that a bunch of people have received interview invites. I wanted to offer congratulations and to stress that the interview really does matter for Darden (this is based on my personal experience rather than the party line). More than almost any other school (certainly among their elite peers), Darden adcoms really look for people that are interested in and will embrace the culture and community here. So, my tip would be to learn as much as you can about the community (Darden as well as Charlottesville) and have a story about how you will take advantage as well as fit in. Some key points to hit on would be that you are aware of the work load and aren't afraid (you might point out that you want to get as much out of your MBA education as possible as long as you are paying for it), that you are interested in the Darden community (Darden Capital Management is a point of emphasis for the trustees) and that you want to be in Charlottesville (hiking trails, historic campus, ideal college-town feel, golf).

Good Luck.

You are the man. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Pelihu, do you have much interaction with the law school students at UVA? Obviously there's the natural crossover with JD/MBA students, but does the school encourage interaction through social/networking events? It would seem like a great fit, I know a bunch of dudes that went to UVA law and not all of them went right to a law firm, some went into consulting, banking, etc. I was just wondering if this is something Darden considers an asset.
VP
VP
I think UVa Law follows the same term schedule at Darden, so it's really easy for Darden students to take classes at the Law School. Much easier than at the rest of the University.

And besides, UVa law grads (at large law firms at least) to me seem to be the most well-rounded group of associates in the class.

McDargoiowkel wrote:
It would seem like a great fit, I know a bunch of dudes that went to UVA law and not all of them went right to a law firm, some went into consulting, banking, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
The law kids and Dardenites do socialize, if for no other reason than the schools are right next to each other. They're both on North Grounds, which is set away from Central Grounds (with the Rotunda, major libraries and Lawn).

Also be sure to check out UVA's top-notch bus system, and remember to thank your driver. I used to be one!

Originally posted by Ntang on 24 Nov 2008, 09:08.
Last edited by Ntang on 24 Nov 2008, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Yes, and all you Darden kids *should* socialize with the UVa Law people if for nothing else then because they have a "Feb Club," which throws parties every single day in February every year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, My status also finally changed to "Pending committee review".....
@ the interviewed guys....... after how many days.... (on an average) did u guys recieve the interview invite????
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
Yes, and all you Darden kids *should* socialize with the UVa Law people if for nothing else then because they have a "Feb Club," which throws parties every single day in February every year.

Excellent reasoning there :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I guess no interview invites went out to any clubbers today?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Leverandon wrote:
I guess no interview invites went out to any clubbers today?

"today" was something special??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Darden(R1) UNC(R2) Ross(R2) Emory(R2) Olin(R1) Smeal(R1) Ga Tech (R1)
Send PM
Was just wondering... Has anyone been dinged by Darden yet??? See my logic here is most of the people for the first batch of interviews from dec 5th to 19th have got the call already... So I'm guessing, that the people who are still on pending committee review(and have been that ways for quite sometime) are on a sort of mini waitlist... Basically not good enough for the initial cut but lets see what happens types.. Hence the decision has been kept pending... I feel that the people who submitted app. well in time and have been on the pending status may not get any change for a quite a few days.. Maybe till mid dec. even... But then this is purely my hypothesis... I could be absolutely wrong as well... Just wondering how many more days I can last going on the app website every few hours :shock:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg 2011
Send PM
After several days of stressing out, I got my invite today. Not sure what the process is on their end, but I submitted my application the 28th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1454 [0]
Send PM
Congrats...what is your profile?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg 2011
Send PM
Forgot that piece -

730 (44v/47q/6aw). 3.2 from top liberal arts school. 4+ years working in the public sector.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  35