Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
johncoctostan wrote:
I did. The interview was pretty straight forward. We discussed my resume, my reasons for pursuing a MBA, my reasons for choosing to apply to UNC, etc. The interview was fairly relaxed and my interviewer was professional, but extremely nice.

Thanks for sharing the details. I am ready with my answer for Why UNC. And since I have already given two interviews, I am ready for the main questions.

Did you have a class visit, tour of campus ? How did you find the students ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Anyone care to comment on UNC's health care reputation?

I noticed J&J was one of the top companies in terms of full term jobs placed.

The website isn't too well done, so I haven't been able to find the health care club, other than a brief reference to it's existence.

RF
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Just came back from a UNC info session.Spoke with an adcom member.

I asked her about loans to intl students without a cosigner.She said they do not have any issues with their bank so far and also said they have a regional bank willing to offer loans without a cosigner.

Regarding recruitment for jobs and internships,the adcom member said firms are reducing their transportation costs and so asking students to visit the firms instead of firms visting the school.Also said that interviews did not start,so she cannot comment on how bad recruitment season is going to be.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Ugh.

So I just sent in my letter for an application fee waiver, and somehow, someway, I accidentally left the F word in it at one point despite doing a find/replace and checking it line by line. That's right, Fuqua. Should I even bother applying R2 now?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
Ya the F word was a horrible mistake. But, it shouldnt keep u out. I would still apply. Just go out of the way to show that UNC is ur top choice.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
bostonsparky wrote:
Ugh.

So I just sent in my letter for an application fee waiver, and somehow, someway, I accidentally left the F word in it at one point despite doing a find/replace and checking it line by line. That's right, Fuqua. Should I even bother applying R2 now?

If it makes you feel better, I was at Kenan-Flagler a few weeks ago and they said someone left "Fuqua" in an admissions essay the previous year, and they still admitted them. So relax and just avoid doing it in your admissions essays...though even if you do, all hope might not be lost.
Current Student
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
 Q48  V47
Send PM
ElleBee wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I was at Kenan-Flagler a few weeks ago and they said someone left "Fuqua" in an admissions essay the previous year, and they still admitted them. So relax and just avoid doing it in your admissions essays...though even if you do, all hope might not be lost.

Good to know. I immediately followed up the original email with a 'Ignore previous: read this one' letter, but in case they do read it's good to know I'm not dead in the water. KF's app also has the dreaded 'what other schools are you applying to?' section (of which I personally loathe unless you put a disclaimer saying it won't affect your application). It's as if you get penalized for trying to put your best foot forward.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
I hate it whn schools ask that question. Its very difficult to truthfully answer that. For example, I applied to Rice as my safety. They asked abt the schools as well. How do I list Tuck, Darden and other elite schools and tell them that Rice is my top choice?

bostonsparky wrote:

Good to know. I immediately followed up the original email with a 'Ignore previous: read this one' letter, but in case they do read it's good to know I'm not dead in the water. KF's app also has the dreaded 'what other schools are you applying to?' section (of which I personally loathe unless you put a disclaimer saying it won't affect your application). It's as if you get penalized for trying to put your best foot forward.
Current Student
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Well, my fee waiver got approved. Probably because they felt it'd inflict more pain if I went through the hassle of an application before getting dinged for writing Fuqua rather than getting the hint earlier.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
how do u qualify for a fee waiver?
Current Student
 Q48  V47
Send PM
nadtrans wrote:
how do u qualify for a fee waiver?

KF doesn't have any verbiage on their website specifically referring to fee waivers (most schools do). But pretty much every state school (and many non-state schools) will grant them if you are / were recently part of: Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach for America, or the military. Generally some type of job where the pay is minimal and you can provide hard proof you were a member. If you're under some type of extreme financial hardship (aka you sunk all your paychecks into WorldCom stock or something) you may have a shot as well.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
BW posted update to its Virtual Tour page for UNC Kenan Flagler

https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/mb ... =rss_daily
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
 Q44  V38
Send PM
So, who got their apps in for R2? I submitted mine at noon, and am driving from Cleveland to Chapel Hill for an interview on the 15th.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I submitted mine before the ED deadline... and the suspense is killing me! I feel like Monday 12/15 is never going to get here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Omne wrote:
So, who got their apps in for R2? I submitted mine at noon, and am driving from Cleveland to Chapel Hill for an interview on the 15th.

I am in for Round 2 as well. Much like you, mine went in at 9pm, just a few hours before the deadline. I'm a bit worried, as I am in NYC and can't take off work to interview in Chapel Hill. Hopefully, they don't hold that against me too much!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Have any of you guys been in contact with current students? I email the president of the health care club, but no response. I couldn't find anything on the website that allowed you to get a hold of current students.

Help!

RF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools:UNC class of 2010
Send PM
Kudos
I am involved with the healthcare club at UNC...what questions do you have, I can answer them or direct you to someone who can.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6