Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross '11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg, HBS, ROSS, NYU, YALE
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Michigan (Ross) Class of 2011 Thread! [#permalink]
Hey guys congrats to all of you...well i m one of those fortunately unfortunate ones to be waitlisted.

I have a small question to you all.admits.. How many of you are planning to withdraw your offer from ROSS? Or planning to matriculate from some other school?

I know this is a very small sample of ppl, still sample is a sample and thought why not to atleast be aware of whats goin on around me....

Congrats once again.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance/Investment management
Schools:Chicago (admitted), Harvard (interviewed), Ross (interviewed), Stern (Submitted), Wharton (R2), Stanford (R2)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by coolmayank123 on 15 Jan 2009, 03:52.
Last edited by coolmayank123 on 15 Jan 2009, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Congrats to all the admits. There are a fair number of Ross 1st years floating around here, so if you have any questions, ask us. We're pretty terribly busy right now (interview season is in full swing), so PMs are best to get our attention.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Consulting (maybe)
Schools:Harvard, Kellogg, Chicago, Ross
Send PM
Adding myself to the list...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
coolmayank123 wrote:
...applicants who apply nd dont withdraw to ross r people who didnt get through nd know very well that they dont stand a chance in H/S/W/CHICAGO/KELLOGG/MIT..so Ross is the best bet they have because its definitely the best tier 2 school.

Let me get this straight...

Are you implying that Ross admits/current students are losers who can't get an admit at schools like Booth and Kellogg? Are you really posting this on "Admitted Ross Class of 2011" thread? What a way to ruin the party.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
You will all very quickly figure out that people pick between schools for tons of different reasons, and that not everyone obsesses over rankings. Until then, it is best to ignore such people.

Congrats again to all the admits! As bherronp said, it is insanely busy for us right now, but will be glad to respond to your PMs.

PleaseSleep wrote:
coolmayank123 wrote:
...applicants who apply nd dont withdraw to ross r people who didnt get through nd know very well that they dont stand a chance in H/S/W/CHICAGO/KELLOGG/MIT..so Ross is the best bet they have because its definitely the best tier 2 school.

Are you implying that Ross admits/current students are losers who can't get an admit at schools like Booth and Kellogg? Are you really posting this on "Admitted Ross Class of 2011" thread? What a way to ruin the party.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q39  V49
Send PM
coolmayank123 wrote:
Hi maverick,

In my honest views, there would be a very few waitlists who would withwraw after results (this is important...cause most people would have withdrawn before results..after admits from Chicago/wharton/MIT)...i will tell u why: ...applicants who apply nd dont withdraw to ross r people who didnt get through nd know very well that they dont stand a chance in H/S/W/CHICAGO/KELLOGG/MIT..so Ross is the best bet they have because its definitely the best tier 2 school.
So, it would be great if u visit the school nd enquire bout the students who r waitlisted..all the best

Hmmm...you are joking right? Ross is a tier 2 school? I think you must be out of your gourd. #5 on BW, and #1 on WSJ for 2004 and 2006 (and I know they are still in the top 10 in pretty much every other ranking this year) does not justify tier 2. Oh that's right, they are #12 on the almighty US News list, which if I'm not mistaken gives more credit for how many movies mention the school's name than how many recruiters actually accept graduates. Not the best place (or day) for that matter to post a comment like that...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
 Q44  V41
Send PM
also adding myself.

Is there a facebook page for admitted students? My boss recently discovered facebook and is my friend and likes to post on my wall. I'm afraid to join the group if there is one. She doesn't know I have applied to schools. haha
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
coolmayank123 wrote:
In my honest views, there would be a very few waitlists who would withwraw after results (this is important...cause most people would have withdrawn before results..after admits from Chicago/wharton/MIT)...i will tell u why: ...applicants who apply nd dont withdraw to ross r people who didnt get through nd know very well that they dont stand a chance in H/S/W/CHICAGO/KELLOGG/MIT..so Ross is the best bet they have because its definitely the best tier 2 school.
So, it would be great if u visit the school nd enquire bout the students who r waitlisted..all the best

Ross is a fantastic bschool, definitely one of the best in the nation. Getting accepted to the school is an accomplishment on its own. Congrats to all the admitted students.
Current Student
Send PM
chitchat wrote:
also adding myself.

Is there a facebook page for admitted students? My boss recently discovered facebook and is my friend and likes to post on my wall. I'm afraid to join the group if there is one. She doesn't know I have applied to schools. haha

There is the Google group that Ross started itself, but I haven't seen a FB group anywhere.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
PleaseSleep wrote:
coolmayank123 wrote:

People, dont fret over Mayank's comments!!

He has build quite a reputation for himself in BW forum as well for extremely abominable comments ( remember Rankingsgod!!!). Fortunately, he is smart enough to leave enough footprints ( IIT Grad, First job in BCG, working in assett mgmt now etc. etc). I wonder, how many people would love to work with him in future...
Current Student
Send PM
Who's planning to be at GBR? Maybe we can add a list to first post. I'm in.
Current Student
 Q39  V49
Send PM
My partner and I will definitely be at GBR. I also joined the MBA 2011 Ross facebook group.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Congratulations to those accepted. I'm ecstatic that I was accepted to Ross and glad that I can be a part of this thread! :-D

I've heard fantastic things about GBR. It's the same weekend as Cornell's Admitted Student Weekend (Destination Johnson). I assume there is only one GBR event, given that it are about 3 weeks after the Round 2 decisions...? Anyone else facing a conflict with multiple admit weekends?
Current Student
Concentration: Biotech, Operations, Supply Chain
Schools:Duke, Kellogg, Michigan, Stanford, Darden
Send PM
Duke and Ross are the same weekend. :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
And on another note - similar to the weather poll question that I posted, it "feels like" -5 degrees in Ann Arbor right now. Holy crap!

https://www.weather.com/weather/local/US ... centsearch
Current Student
 Q39  V49
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
And on another note - similar to the weather poll question that I posted, it "feels like" -5 degrees in Ann Arbor right now. Holy crap!

https://www.weather.com/weather/local/US ... centsearch

And this is why I'm glad I grew up near Chicago. I'm not going to say I'm immune to the cold, but I bet I'm going to fare better than those comming from sunny SoCal. :P
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5