Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Re: Calling all NYU Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink]
As 3underscore confirmed earlier on this thread, R1 interview invites will continue well into February.

wzlv123 wrote:
I am 1st round NYU applicant. I haven't heard anything yet. I was curious to know if the 2nd round deadline is tomorrow does that mean the evaluation of all 1st round candidates has been completed? Does anyone remember from last year if the school sent out interview invites during the same time (or did the overlap occur?).

Another little tidbit the international applicants on the thread might find useful, the Admitted Students Website currently states that international students will be able to obtain up to 40k in loans without cosigner. The only caveat being that this information would still be subject to change.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
I am an international applicant and I have been dinged one hour ago. A friend of mine has also received the ding today, therefore today NYU has rejected today a bunch of candidates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey fellow Stern applicants...I'm back after going on a 3 week hiatus from the forums.

Congrats to Solaris...that's awesome. I'm one step closer to joining you after a pretty solid interview yesterday. Noticed a typo in my thank you note which is going to bug me until I get my decision but I really hope a tiny error so late in the process won't change anything.
VP
VP
That's awesome, liquidice. Don't worry about the typo, I'm sure admissions is all about the big picture at this point. Good luck! You'll probably find out in just a few more days.

liquidice wrote:
Hey fellow Stern applicants...I'm back after going on a 3 week hiatus from the forums.

Congrats to Solaris...that's awesome. I'm one step closer to joining you after a pretty solid interview yesterday. Noticed a typo in my thank you note which is going to bug me until I get my decision but I really hope a tiny error so late in the process won't change anything.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Schools:Chicago, MIT, NYU, UCLA
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Hey guys count me in for R2!
Attachments

gandalf.jpg
gandalf.jpg [ 19.21 KiB | Viewed 3315 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GandalftheGrey wrote:
Hey guys count me in for R2!

R2 also here!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Anyone can provide info?
solaris1 wrote:
Thank you, everyone! I'm quite honestly ecstatic about having made it in to Stern. I think my Stern application was my strongest so far and I would have been utterly disappointed if I hadn't made it.

Thanks very much, and I am almost sure I will be matriculating at NYU in the fall. :)

I've been waitlisted by NYU as well. Anyone have any suggestions or input on next steps at this point? I know NYU's policies for waitlisters allows for another recommendation or updates on the resume, gmat, etc.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Congratulations Solaris.!! may your cheerleading continue.

totally happy for ya!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Late one, but many many congratulations solaris. I visited NYU last year and was thoroughly impressed. Keep an eye out for classes by Prof. Damodaran - he's a rock star (and so are you).
VP
VP
Why thank you, bsd_lover. I know Damodaran is supposed to awesome and NYU Stern has this "take faculty to lunch" program, too. :-D

The strength of Stern's faculty never gets discussed as much as it should, Adam Brandenburger is a legend in his own right, Nouriel Roubini is a rather colourful personality who's been in the news quite a bit recently, and Amity Shlaes (formerly of the FT and Bloomberg) will be joining this year. I'm certainly going to try and take classes with all of these "star" professors.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
rabbini is very good..infact they will be adding nicholas talib as well thru NYUs merger with Poly.

Nicholas talib is the guy behind the black swan phenomena.. which everyone in finance and risk modeling is talking about..

good school

solaris1 wrote:
Why thank you, bsd_lover. I know Damodaran is supposed to awesome and NYU Stern has this "take faculty to lunch" program, too. :-D

The strength of Stern's faculty never gets discussed as much as it should, Adam Brandenburger is a legend in his own right, Nouriel Roubini is a rather colourful personality who's been in the news quite a bit recently, and Amity Shlaes (formerly of the FT and Bloomberg) will be joining this year. I'm certainly going to try and take classes with all of these "star" professors.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Schools:Chicago, MIT, NYU, UCLA
 Q48  V40
Send PM
I am a R2 applicant. Since there is no official "mid decision" date in Stern's publications, does anybody here know when should we expect to receive such decisions (i.e interview invitation or an official ding)?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton, LBS, Stanford, MIT, NYU, Columbia
Send PM
I was admitted today. I am very impressed by Stern's admissions office, they were sensitive to some of my needs, responsive and communicative the whole time. Certainly the best office I've dealt with so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:USC (accepted), Yale (WL), NYU, Georgetown, UC Davis (w/d), UCLA (ding), Berkeley (ding)
Send PM
I applied R1 and received an interview invite on Monday so they're still sending them out. I scheduled the interview for late Feb - I live in NYC so no traveling required.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Congrats all.

They will continue giving out invites for R1 until early February. I should probably have that as a saved message by now so I don't have to keep typing it (I know that for a fact, so get frustrated that people seem to feel there is no hope).

For R2, I got my interview around mid March, and I know people went after me. Stern has a lot of applications (it will be over 5000 this year) and it is all dealt with by about 15 people, so it takes time.

Taleb was at Courant until a few years ago - I wanted to take his class to see if I disliked him as much as his books. Brandenburger I will know more about next week, Roubini is interesting as a professor. There are a lot more who don't get talked about - the Rock Star phenomenon has its downside. Stern is probably the best school in the world to study bankruptcy, which is handy right now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Wharton (R2, Int Invit),Chicago (R2, Int Invit),Columbia (R2, Int Invit),NYU (R2),MIT (Ding),LBS (Ding)
 Q50  V35
Send PM
In for R2.... :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
invited for an interivew

do I have to travel to the US for the interview ? what if I can't ?
the email I received offered no other options for interviewing (i.e. phone / alumni .. etc)

I already got into UCLA . so what do you guys think about UCLA vs. Stern ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19