Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Raabend wrote:
So I scheduled for Monday February 9th. This Yale interview will be my SEVENTH b-school interview. Practice makes perfect, right?

Good luck! You'll be awesome :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
So I scheduled for Monday February 9th. This Yale interview will be my SEVENTH b-school interview. Practice makes perfect, right?

You know how the saying goes, "Seventh time's a charm", right? Er, uh...wait a minute.

Good luck! :lol:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Kudos
Okay, good luck to all of you guys at Yale SOM interview!
I think the most important thing is to know Yale SOM's appeal to you (personally) and communicating that to the adcom.

I will share the notes I made few days before my Yale SOM interview"

~ Small class size is a must because I want personalized attention. I went to a huge private university and for grad school, I promised myself a small classroom setting. Smaller class size will naturally lead to a more competitive student body.
~ Yale SOM's new curriculum in favor of a more multi-disciplinary approach. I was interested in the revised curriculum and wanted to experience this new method firsthand. The new curriculum is a revolutionary departure from current management education, replacing traditional disciplines with “Organizational Perspectives,” tailored to the needs of today’s managers.

-Very small class size (200 students), get to know everyone :!:
-Great Faculty:Student Ratio (60 faculty for 200 students) - approximately :!:
-CDO (career develop office), big full time staff for small class size provides a great personal resource to find my dream job 8-)
-VERY diverse. I visited other schools, and Yale had the least percentage of "traditional" MBA's (aka consulting/banking exp before bschool - although 53% of 2007 grads went to financial services upon graduation.....).
-faculty extremely accessible, attributed to small class size :-D
-"Yale" brand
-Close to NY, only $14 by train (1.5 hrs)
-Annual Yale vs Harvard football game and a chance to paint my face BLUE :twisted: (LET'S GO BULLDOGS!!!)
-Int'l Trip in Jan: China, Brazil, Africa, England?
-Every Friday no class, focus on recruiting/interviewing
-Pass/Fail makes classes truly team oriented <-------- :-D
-Easy to take any Yale class (ie: corporate tax class in Law school)
-Chance to eat lunch @ Yale Club in NYC???? :shock:

But most important thing of all, here's a chance to re-educate yourself through a whole new learning approach - for the love of learning - and finding a new "you" in the next 2 years. By committing to Yale SOM's new curriculum, I am anxious to meet the future "me"..... I am anxious to see the end-result to this exciting 2 year transformation.

P.S. - My Yale Interview Debrief: post552893.html#p552893
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
ninkorn wrote:
I think the most important thing is to know Yale SOM's appeal to you (personally) and communicating that to the adcom.

~ Small class size is a must because I want personalized attention. I went to a huge private university and for grad school, I promised myself a small classroom setting. Smaller class size will naturally lead to a more competitive student body.
~ Yale SOM's new curriculum in favor of a more multi-disciplinary approach. I was interested in the revised curriculum and wanted to experience this new method firsthand. The new curriculum is a revolutionary departure from current management education, replacing traditional disciplines with “Organizational Perspectives,” tailored to the needs of today’s managers.

-CDO (career develop office), big full time staff for small class size provides a great personal resource to find my dream job 8-)
-VERY diverse. I visited other schools, and Yale had the least percentage of "traditional" MBA's (aka consulting/banking exp before bschool - although 53% of 2007 grads went to financial services upon graduation.....).
-"Yale" brand
-Annual Yale vs Harvard football game and a chance to paint my face BLUE :twisted: (LET'S GO BULLDOGS!!!)

But most important thing of all, here's a chance to re-educate yourself through a whole new learning approach - for the love of learning - and finding a new "you" in the next 2 years. By committing to Yale SOM's new curriculum, I am anxious to meet the future "me"..... I am anxious to see the end-result to this exciting 2 year transformation.

P.S. - My Yale Interview Debrief: p552893#p552893

Wow Ninkorn, great write-up and thanks for some of those facts I didn't know about (e.g. faculty:student ratio). Your comments echo exactly how I was planning to approach my upcoming interview.

Originally posted by Rubashov1 on 25 Jan 2009, 13:49.
Last edited by Rubashov1 on 25 Jan 2009, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Have all R2 invites gone out?
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
levfin2003 wrote:
Have all R2 invites gone out?

I highly doubt it. If R1 is any indication, it seems the invites will go out in batches for the next month or so.
Intern
Intern
Schools:columbia, kellogg, hbs, wharton, yale
 Q49  V42
Send PM
ninkorn wrote:

-"Yale" brand

P.S. - My Yale Interview Debrief: p552893#p552893

wow - thanks for this, ninkorn! Having gone to NYU as well, I definitely feel the small class size sentiments... but there were a lot of details in there that saved me a lot of time digging it myself. I'm heading down (well, up) to Yale on the 4th, so I need all the help that I can get. Thanks again!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring &amp; Distressed M&amp;A
Send PM
Zoemoe wrote:
wow - thanks for this, ninkorn! Having gone to NYU as well, I definitely feel the small class size sentiments... but there were a lot of details in there that saved me a lot of time digging it myself. I'm heading down (well, up) to Yale on the 4th, so I need all the help that I can get. Thanks again!

I feel that Yale SOM MBA isn't ranked as high as other top programs (even though it's been around for awhile) because the revised curriculum emphasizes on developing managers (especially managers that can tackle problems using critical thinking/analytical skills) rather than bankers, consultants and other fancy post-MBA professions.

I definitely emphasized that point in my essays and in my interviews that I am choosing Yale SOM to become a different kind of manager (not to become a banker or whatever) - the kind of manager that utilizes the curriculum of Yale SOM's revised teaching method....
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale SOM 2011
 Q44  V42
Send PM
I got my interview invite as well :P . I scheduled it for this week as I will be in the city anyway
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Media/Entertainment
Schools:Kellogg, Emory, Booth, Yale, Cornell, Duke
 Q49  V40
Send PM
I visited the campus on Friday, and I got the impression that Yale SOM recruiting isn't going well for both 1st and 2nd years.

I wonder if Yale is doing similar or worse compared to other schools with similar rankings.

If it's going to be tough to find a job at Yale, I am seriously considering withdrawing my application.
Current Student
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:Haas Harvard Sloan Yale
 Q46  V41
Send PM
another one [#permalink]
Hi, I'd like to add my name to the R2 applicants. received an interview invite and i'm going up on Feb 11
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Sorry for the paranoid question but here goes:

I interviewed last week with a 2nd year student and I sent him a thank you email and haven't heard back from him is that normal? Am I reading to much into nothing? :madd
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:

I interviewed last week with a 2nd year student and I sent him a thank you email and haven't heard back from him is that normal? Am I reading to much into nothing? :madd

Same here, which I think is completely normal.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V42
Send PM
rca215 wrote:
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:

Thats good to hear. One thing I forgot to add was that I had also asked him a question in the email.
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
rca215 wrote:
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:

Thats good to hear. One thing I forgot to add was that I had also asked him a question in the email.

I guess that's a little trickier, but I wouldn't worry about it. I would probably avoid doing that in the future so this awkwardness doesn't arise! Any thoughts on when we might start to hear from them?
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V42
Send PM
No idea but the wait is driving me nuts
Intern
Intern
Send PM
got an invite on jan 28th, but because of a bunch of other stuff, won't be able to come out until march 10th. seeing as they released a set of admittances and scholarship info earlier than their notification deadline, will interviewing that late affect any (hopefully) scholarship? of course, i've got to get in before that, so no jumping the gun.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  22