Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg
 Q50  V41
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
aaudetat,

How is the Blue Devil weekend usually scheduled? I know it runs from April 3-5, but does it start early on Friday?

I'd like to get a flight soon to take advantage of the cheap tickets, but I don't want to schedule a late flight and miss something!

RF
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Chicago, Kellogg, Duke, Georgetown, BU
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Has any of international applicant for R2 gotten an alum-interview invite yet?
I'm a pretty worried since I read somewhere that all interviews are supposed to be over by Feb.9..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Fuqua
Send PM
Question about Fuqua Fridays - I've actually been to two thus far with a good friend of mine who currently goes there, and they're fun. But how well-attended would you say they are on a weekly basis? Is there ever more than a smattering of Law/Sanford students there? Any joint functions with the other graduate schools that allow Fuqua students to sorta reach out socially?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Neither have I.

I am from Bangalore, India
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
 Q44  V38
Send PM
I did my visit/interview on the 21st. Amazing building! They were extremely busy, it seemed like everyone was visiting that day. The busy-ness caused some problems as student hosts failed to show up for two of the three events I had scheduled. Overall it was a good experience though.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Omne wrote:
I did my visit/interview on the 21st. Amazing building! They were extremely busy, it seemed like everyone was visiting that day. The busy-ness caused some problems as student hosts failed to show up for two of the three events I had scheduled. Overall it was a good experience though.

Did we talk? i was in the admisssions lounge that day!

Please excuse the confusion - it was the first week of class, which is always tricky, getting people scheduled so quickly after break. Compounding matters was MLK day - we normally don't have class or do visits on Wednesdays, but because school was closed on Monday, we moved Monday classes to Tuesday and Tuesday classes to Wednesday, and seriously, I barely managed to show up for everything I was supposed to do that day!

I'm glad you still had a good visit. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Has anyone on the West Coast received a round 2 alumni interview invite? I chose San Diego as my location, but have not received anything yet. Don't want to start worrying, but it's hard not too....

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It has been 3 weeks since I submitted my application. Should I contact Fuqua Admissions office on the status of my app?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Send PM
I haven't receive any information regarding my app status as well. But I think when I submitted my apps, it says it might take as long as three weeks to get a status update.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yea, it has been 3 weeks since the Jan 7 deadline.

Any international applicant heard anything?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
One Strange thing...

I was waitlisted in R1 on Dec 18 2008. I sent my confirmation to be on the waitlist on the same day. I did not receive any confirmation from the school for the same.

However, yesterday after almost 6 Weeks. I received an email from Duke that states "Thank you for letting us know that you want to be on the waitlist". Should i get in touch with the school for the same ?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Same thing happened here. I sent in my confirmation literally 5 min after getting waitlisted. I take this email to be an indication that some movement on the waitlist is about to begin (hopefully).

MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
One Strange thing...

I was waitlisted in R1 on Dec 18 2008. I sent my confirmation to be on the waitlist on the same day. I did not receive any confirmation from the school for the same.

However, yesterday after almost 6 Weeks. I received an email from Duke that states "Thank you for letting us know that you want to be on the waitlist". Should i get in touch with the school for the same ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
Same thing happened here. I sent in my confirmation literally 5 min after getting waitlisted. I take this email to be an indication that some movement on the waitlist is about to begin (hopefully).

MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
One Strange thing...

Ok !! I was waitlisted coz they could not conduct my interview by the deadline ! Was it the same with you ?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
No, I was waitlisted because I just was not good enough for a straight admit :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:HBS 2011
Send PM
International App, Interview Invite Received, and now first post out of the way...

Question for group: Given Duke's global focus, do the rumours of lowering international application levels make any impact on your view/opinion?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Welcome to the group, Atlantic.

In my view the rumored drop in int'l applicants wouldn't change my view on Duke's global focus. As far as I know they're still going ahead with opening their campuses around the world and it remains to be seen how/if the % of int'l students in the class of 2011 is affected by the changing application demographics. Duke seems to view this global focus as a point that distinguishes it from its peer schools, so I think the admin and faculty will do everything they can to keep that focus regardless of what the applicant pool looks like.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Yale SOM 2011
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Just received this email (R2 applicant)

Dear SP,
We have received all necessary materials to consider your Duke MBA application complete for our Round 2. You will receive notification of an admission decision by March 10, 2009.
Please keep us updated on any changes to your addresses. If you need to update your E-mail address, please be sure to update your online application profile and send a written request with your new address to Application-Processing@Fuqua.Duke.Edu.
Thank you,
The Duke MBA Office of Admissions
www.fuqua.duke.edu
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  50