Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
My post above should read-

Some PUBLIC schools such as Virginia, UCLA, Michigan, and Berkeley are sometimes called "Public Ivies."

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi, I just found this forum with the help of a guy in my GMAT prep Class. I want some honest opinions. I have completed my undergrad last year from a relatively small school. I really want to market myself for going to a competitive, challenging B-school for my MBA Program. As a Foreigner whose first language isn't English, the test is a serious obstacle. Therefore, I want to know if there is another way to by pass it, which I don't intend to do. Is the GMAT the most important admission criteria to get into a to B-School?

Thank You all for this opportunity.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Greetings!

The GMAT is NOT the most important part of the application. However, it does provide some insight into the applicant's quantitative and verbal abilities. Accordingly, it is one of many important components of your application package along with the undergraduate record, essays, and work experience.

Many foreign applicants have received high scores on this test. If the test is an obstacle, it is certainly a surmountable one.

Hjort
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
M7 is shorthand for "Magnificent Seven". It supposedly represents the seven historically most prestigious schools. The deans of these schools get together from time to time to discuss various topics.

The schools include:
Kellogg
Wharton
Columbia
Chicago
MIT
Harvard
Stanford
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]