Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Texas, MIT, Kellogg
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink]
just wanted to add my name to the list - r2 applicant, awaiting an interview.

seems pretty brutal so far for harvard r2... good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
HI I REALISE THIS MAY BE THE WRONG PLACE TO BE ASKING THIS QUESTION... BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND THE RIGHT PLACE WHERE SOMEBODY CAN GIVE ME THE ANSWERS I WANT....

I HAVE A EXP OF 7 MONTHS TO DATE... I AM PLANNING TO JOIN A SCHOOL IN SEP 2010 WHEN I WILL HAVE 2 YEARS EXP. I HAVE A 9.04 OUT OF 10 CGPA IN B.TECH AND 91% IN 12TH AND 93.5 IN 10TH. SOME SMALL INSTANCES OF LEADERSHIP IN SCHOOL AND COLLEGE DAYS ALSO BUT NOTHING MAJOR.... CAN ANY BODY TELL ME HOW GOOD MY PROFIL WILL BE WITH A GOOD GMAT SCORE.... WILL I BE ABLE TO MAK IT ESPECIALLY AS I HAVE LESS WORK EXP... AND ALSO WAT OTHER SCHOOLS I MAY HAVE A DECENT OPPURTUNITY.... PLEASE ANSWER

THANK YOU
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Kudos
priyamishra wrote:
HI I REALISE THIS MAY BE THE WRONG PLACE TO BE ASKING THIS QUESTION... BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND THE RIGHT PLACE WHERE SOMEBODY CAN GIVE ME THE ANSWERS I WANT....

I HAVE A EXP OF 7 MONTHS TO DATE... I AM PLANNING TO JOIN A SCHOOL IN SEP 2010 WHEN I WILL HAVE 2 YEARS EXP. I HAVE A 9.04 OUT OF 10 CGPA IN B.TECH AND 91% IN 12TH AND 93.5 IN 10TH. SOME SMALL INSTANCES OF LEADERSHIP IN SCHOOL AND COLLEGE DAYS ALSO BUT NOTHING MAJOR.... CAN ANY BODY TELL ME HOW GOOD MY PROFIL WILL BE WITH A GOOD GMAT SCORE.... WILL I BE ABLE TO MAK IT ESPECIALLY AS I HAVE LESS WORK EXP... AND ALSO WAT OTHER SCHOOLS I MAY HAVE A DECENT OPPURTUNITY.... PLEASE ANSWER

THANK YOU

1. Pls avoid caps.

2. This might be a better place.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Texas, MIT, Kellogg
Kudos
Hey Guys,

Finished my HBS on campus Interview, and I wish I could say I felt good coming out of it, but it was definitely a daunting experience.

Like a lot of other people have reported, it was 30 minutes on the dot. Very few pleasantries, the interviewer explained the process, reiterated that if she interrupted it wasn't because she was trying to be rude, and that she had read my file.

Most of the questions were very specific to my application - we jumped around a lot. She threw random questions at me that weren't specific such as:

Why my undergrad institution
What book i've recently read
What I think of the current financial markets

All in all, it reminded me of an I-bank interview - keeping me off balance and asking digging questions. The questions I had prepared, didn't come up at all (resources: Montauk, clearadmit.com, etc.), and I definitely felt as if I fumbled through a few of the answers.

The best advice I can give, is to really take a second before answering questions, it definitely would have made my thoughts that much clearer.

Good Luck to Everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, international development
Schools:HBS, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.95
WE 1: Teach for America (2 years)
WE 2: Teach for All, network country (2 years, international experience)
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I had my on-campus interview a couple weeks back. Overall, a lot of atypical questions, such as

1) how do you think your undergrad institution markets itself
2) what would you do differently to market it (i found these kinda odd since i never really indicated an interest for marketing)
3) what's your favorite book
4) something people are surprised to know about you

they left out a lot of things like
1) why harvard? 2) why mba?

overall, my interview was real pleasant and despite a couple things i wish i could've taken back, i really don't have many complaints.... just a little more than 3 weeks left!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Any of my fellow waitlisters get that email this afternoon to confirm your waitlist status? Kinda weird.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q49  V36
Send PM
rca215 wrote:
Any of my fellow waitlisters get that email this afternoon to confirm your waitlist status? Kinda weird.

Yeah, I did. It seems like they are making final decisions for many WLers on April 2nd. The last thing I want is to stay on the list after that day...
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
krispy wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Yeah, I did. It seems like they are making final decisions for many WLers on April 2nd. The last thing I want is to stay on the list after that day...

Agreed.

It seems like they sent this update to everyone (haven't seen anyone say they didn't get it), which is in contrast to last year. On last year's HBS WL thread on BW only 3-4 people reported getting this email a bit before the R2 notification date. All of them got in. If only we all could be so lucky! :lol: :cry:
Current Student
 Q49  V36
Send PM
rca215 wrote:
krispy wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Agreed.

It seems like they sent this update to everyone (haven't seen anyone say they didn't get it), which is in contrast to last year. On last year's HBS WL thread on BW only 3-4 people reported getting this email a bit before the R2 notification date. All of them got in. If only we all could be so lucky! :lol: :cry:

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I wished the email meant I was pretty much in, but everyone seemed to get the email. Having said that, I am pretty much in love with Booth. It would be emotionally difficult for me to choose any school over Booth.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Kudos
A useful "Something for Everyone" blog entry:

https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/blog.html

Something for Everyone!
Date: March 24, 2009
This is the time of year when we have all three rounds in play, so here is some news for everyone:

Round One Waitlist - We will be extending offers of admission to about 40 round one waitlisters shortly after April 2. We will continue to maintain a waitlist and Eileen Chang will send out an update in early April.

Round Two Notification - April 2 is the notification date. All decisions will be released online - you will receive an email instructing you to check your status. We won't be making any congratulatory phone calls in advance of April 2!

Round Three Interview Invitations - Many, but not all, will go out on April 3.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale SOM 2011
 Q44  V42
Send PM
I say...might as well add me to the R3 applicant list 8-).
Current Student
 Q49  V36
Send PM
rca215 wrote:

Something for Everyone!
This is the time of year when we have all three rounds in play, so here is some news for everyone:

Round One Waitlist - We will be extending offers of admission to about 40 round one waitlisters shortly after April 2. We will continue to maintain a waitlist and Eileen Chang will send out an update in early April.

Round Two Notification - April 2 is the notification date. All decisions will be released online - you will receive an email instructing you to check your status. We won't be making any congratulatory phone calls in advance of April 2!

I dont like how they phrased it "shortly after." That could mean a lot of thing. They are so crafty. I was also hoping that there would be more than 40 admits off the waitlist since I was wishful that there were more WLers this year than the past...
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
krispy wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Something for Everyone!

I dont like how they phrased it "shortly after." That could mean a lot of thing. They are so crafty. I was also hoping that there would be more than 40 admits off the waitlist since I was wishful that there were more WLers this year than the past...

Yeah it seems like they've changed their tune a bit on the timing. I think 2 different communications said on April 2nd, but I'm not sure.

I was hoping for more than 40 as well, which I believe is the same number as last year. Estimates on BusinessWeek say 200-250 on the waitlist, so at best we have a 20% chance.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
And so D-Day has finally arrived...best of luck to all our GMAT Clubbers tomorrow!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)
Send PM
Good luck guys! I hope you're able to sleep tonight (I definitely didn't before R1)...

Hopefully we'll pick up a few more G-Club admits tomorrow!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Good luck to us all! This wait is a killer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Send PM
good luck guys !!!!!!!!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert