Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
When did your application go complete? I called last week and was told that the reason my application is under "received" status is because they have not gotten to it yet...not sure if they intend to get to it this year or next ;).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I submitted on Jan 3rd. They notified me this morning about an interview invitation. Haven't been hawking the status changes.
Current Student
Send PM
MBARunner wrote:
Whoops R3. I forgot they had a funny deadline.

I think that is a bit presumptuous to expect candidates to make a trip to Ithica. Especially if they are not footing the costs of travel. It's almost a five hour drive for me or a $500 plane ticket. Either of which I would not consider token costs (and this is excluding an overnight stay). My policy for schools that are not within +/- 2 hours is that I'll visit if I get accepted.

I am doing this with Georgetown since the ad-com is traveling to accomodate applicants.

If you're serious about getting in, I would highly, highly recommend it. I visited prior to applying, and went there again for my interview. And, I live in California. Is it possible to get in without going? Of course. But I would think not visiting for an interview (especially if you haven't previously visited) would diminish your chances quite a bit.
Current Student
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
 Q44  V45
Send PM
no news? I thought for sure someone would hear something this week...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
christopherW wrote:
no news? I thought for sure someone would hear something this week...

Me too. Wonder if they will just wait until after they set up the feedback sessions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Send PM
My application just went "Under Review" today, so I think there is still hope for everyone.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy Management, Finance
Schools:Cornell 2011
 Q48  V42
Send PM
balboa wrote:
My application just went "Under Review" today, so I think there is still hope for everyone.

Mine's been "under review" for more than a week now.... :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Guys,

What I am posting here is very urgent.

I have just received my offer letter from Cornell for the MILR/MBA Dual program from the ILR school's side. I thought it would be ok to wait for a decision from there before I apply for the MBA program, which should have happened before the deadline for round 3. But it didn't. The reason is I am a college senior from India and I didn't have too high hopes for getting an admit to the dual degree. But I did get in (yay!).

So now I have to apply for Johnson in round 4. I understand it's very tough as I am an international applicant, college senior and don't have an amazing GMAT score. But I have an attitude which says that I have an amazing profile by a college senior's standards, especially from India; will write some kick ass essays and althoug getting in is really tough for me, it's not impossible!

Ok so here goes. I would like to request some of you (especially those who have got in already), if you could help me out with my essays. I am aware that asking someone to write them for you is a big no no. And I am not going to ask anyone to do that. But I would like someone to review them for me and give me feedback, KEEPING ALL THE FACTORS IN MIND.

I am posting my profile below for you to assess my chances. Please do reply as soon as possible. If I am doing something wrong/illegal that might dent my chances or later pose problems, please do tell me. After all, I'm just a 21 year old kid ;)

Thanks,
Ankit

Hi,

I am Ankit and am a college senior from India. I do not have any prior full time work experience. However, I have two internships with start up firms based out of India. They aren't big names but personal growth here has been very good. I am also the founder of my own web and graphic design firm and have hired people after interviewing them for contract based jobs. I have worked and headed teams of size 3-10.

Academically, I have 93% in grade 10, 86% in grade 12 (Maths Phys Chem option) and a current percentage of about 66% in Computer Science and Engineering from Panjab University which is highly regarded and well known as you would already be aware of. (It helps when the country's prime minister and one of the best economists is an alumni)

I have also been recognized as India's Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (when I was 14). I have topped both my schools (changed after grade ten) in English. I have been sub editor of the school magazine, been house captain (in charge of 300 students), served on the executive board of my school's alumni association and taken active interest in social work by volunteering to organize blood donation camps, educating beggars and working with Help Age India.

In college, I have been an active member of the largest student organization on campus and managed funds for a year for the same. I was also the chief strategist for the organization and was instrumental in helping the organization win elections after 4 years of consecutive defeats (lead a team of over 500 students). I was also selected by a globally renowned consulting firm during recently concluded placements and was in the 2% students selected out of 350. I have also been a member of the international students’ organization, AIESEC.

I have a 690 on my GMAT (Q 48; V 36; AWA 6.0)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools:Haas (R1/WL), Ross (Ding), Yale (R2), Cornell (R3)
 Q46  V46
Send PM
balboa wrote:

Mine went "Under Review" a moment back..
However, if I do get invited, I am not sure how i'll plan my travel.
Haven't been to campus before so i guess I have to bite the bullet and spend the few remaining $$ in my account. :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Hi Guys,

What I am posting here is very urgent.

I have just received my offer letter from Cornell for the MILR/MBA Dual program from the ILR school's side. I thought it would be ok to wait for a decision from there before I apply for the MBA program, which should have happened before the deadline for round 3. But it didn't. The reason is I am a college senior from India and I didn't have too high hopes for getting an admit to the dual degree. But I did get in (yay!).

So now I have to apply for Johnson in round 4. I understand it's very tough as I am an international applicant, college senior and don't have an amazing GMAT score. But I have an attitude which says that I have an amazing profile by a college senior's standards, especially from India; will write some kick ass essays and althoug getting in is really tough for me, it's not impossible!

Ok so here goes. I would like to request some of you (especially those who have got in already), if you could help me out with my essays. I am aware that asking someone to write them for you is a big no no. And I am not going to ask anyone to do that. But I would like someone to review them for me and give me feedback, KEEPING ALL THE FACTORS IN MIND.

I am posting my profile below for you to assess my chances. Please do reply as soon as possible. If I am doing something wrong/illegal that might dent my chances or later pose problems, please do tell me. After all, I'm just a 21 year old kid ;)

Thanks,
Ankit

Hi,

I am Ankit and am a college senior from India. I do not have any prior full time work experience. However, I have two internships with start up firms based out of India. They aren't big names but personal growth here has been very good. I am also the founder of my own web and graphic design firm and have hired people after interviewing them for contract based jobs. I have worked and headed teams of size 3-10.

Academically, I have 93% in grade 10, 86% in grade 12 (Maths Phys Chem option) and a current percentage of about 66% in Computer Science and Engineering from Panjab University which is highly regarded and well known as you would already be aware of. (It helps when the country's prime minister and one of the best economists is an alumni)

I have also been recognized as India's Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (when I was 14). I have topped both my schools (changed after grade ten) in English. I have been sub editor of the school magazine, been house captain (in charge of 300 students), served on the executive board of my school's alumni association and taken active interest in social work by volunteering to organize blood donation camps, educating beggars and working with Help Age India.

In college, I have been an active member of the largest student organization on campus and managed funds for a year for the same. I was also the chief strategist for the organization and was instrumental in helping the organization win elections after 4 years of consecutive defeats (lead a team of over 500 students). I was also selected by a globally renowned consulting firm during recently concluded placements and was in the 2% students selected out of 350. I have also been a member of the international students’ organization, AIESEC.

I have a 690 on my GMAT (Q 48; V 36; AWA 6.0)

If you're serious about the dual degree at Cornell, contact the ILR school and see if you can defer you admit for 1 year. Then apply to Johnson next year with your ILR admit already in the bag.

You may have a tiny chance for R4 but if you don't get it, you will have to apply next year and also explain how you have improved in your app. (Mar - Nov/Jan doesn't give you a lot of time)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
good news guys!

Just received an e-mail from johnson. Looks like Johnson is going to secure loans for internationals (without a cosigner).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell Johnson School
 Q51  V44
Send PM
oziozzie wrote:
good news guys!

Just received an e-mail from johnson. Looks like Johnson is going to secure loans for internationals (without a cosigner).

yay - i got that email too - however no concrete details - the name of the lender, interest rates etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Hey Guys,

No one is offering to help? :( If you are out of sync with my request, please read below:
p574455-calling-all-cornell-johnson-fall-2009-applicants#p574455

I would be very grateful if someone helped me out. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a young guy like me.

Regards,
Ankit
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Got an email from Johnson with a link to Dean Thomasa's interview.

https://www.forbes.com/video/?video=fvn/ ... ry_bschool
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy Management, Finance
Schools:Cornell 2011
 Q48  V42
Send PM
bucktooth911 wrote:
balboa wrote:

Mine's been "under review" for more than a week now.... :?

got the interview invite on Mar 5 and had the interview on Mar 9. There were about 6-8 being interviewed in the morning... I wonder what acceptance rates are in R3?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Hey Guys,

No one is offering to help? :( If you are out of sync with my request, please read below:
p574455-calling-all-cornell-johnson-fall-2009-applicants#p574455

I would be very grateful if someone helped me out. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a young guy like me.

Regards,
Ankit

If you need help so urgently, I would suggest reaching out to the Admissions Consultants on the forum (Alex Chu, accepted.com, etc). They might be able to help you with the turn around you need. good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 735 [0]
Send PM
I am considering Cornell next year mainly. I went through the site but would like to know the reputation of the school? Which concentrations are strong in Cornell? Is entrepreneurship and PE/VC an option? Or is it only consulting/finance school mainly?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  72