Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink]
Where I get a list for Top 100 Programs ,
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
julia1177 wrote:
What can you tell about this list of best MBA? https://mba-world.org/

Based on a common sense and nothing but that, I wouldn't say anything positive of this list. What can you say about a list putting University of Phoenix above Kellog and INSEAD?

There are many, more or less usefull, MBA directories on the net. Some of them have done very nice job on gathering information about various MBA programs throughout the World. However, their rankings are a complete waist of time. When it come to the rankings of the United States schools, US news seems to be indespensible. For international rankings you can use Financial Times or Businessweek, but you should take both with the grain of salt.

For international rankings you could take a look on bsd_lovers' "Ranks and clusterings of various International b-schools" following this link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ranks-and-clusterings-of-various-international-b-schools-78320.html
This is the most relable international ranking I've seen so far, so you could give your contribution overthere.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Thanks for the endorsement Pathfinder. This site can't even get the names right. It calls London Business School - London MBA University ? And seems to lift the rankings straight out of FT : https://www.mba-world.org/greatest-ten-m ... rsity.html

I'd be very reluctant to take it seriously.
Retired Moderator
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Excellent observation, I haven't noticed it - I guess due to the fact I haven't spent more than 40 seconds on that site. The moment I've seen afforementioned placement of Pheonix above Kellogg and INSEAD I turned off that page.

When I referred to "more or less usefull MBA directories on the net" I meant something like this site:
https://www.find-mba.com/

It contains some usefull info on MBA programs throughout the world. Well, if not usefull - entertaining at least. I enjoyed playing with the info on various MBA programs in countries like Iceland, Moldova, Georgia or even Angola (OK, I'm a dork - I admit :hammer :) ). Seriously, without any belittling, I was suprised how seriously people are trying to change something in their environments and to train some business people on the local level. Of course, it's all about money, but in some exotic countries you can make serious money on tobacco trafiking, you don't have to run a business school for that.

Nevertheless, I think your initiative for international schools ranking is really great. With 50.000+ prospective students in this forum, GMATClub could easily becomme the most cited ranking in the near future. I think we should make some permanent ranking of US schools, Euro schools and one global ranking. We can do it in a form of survey, or we could make it in the form you already use for international schools where everyone could give their own pros and cons for a specific school. Why should we realy only on US news and FT (albeit we should consider them, definitelly) when we have 50.000+ oppinions of future students? Well, you should discount from that number brand whores like me, but that's great number even then :P
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Cheers Pathfinder. The regional elite section will be expanded in the future to provide more information about those schools that are more obscure internationally but powerful regionally. Do you have any research or information on the Spanish schools ? If so please post on the rankings thread.

Pathfinder_77 wrote:
Excellent observation, I haven't noticed it - I guess due to the fact I haven't spent more than 40 seconds on that site. The moment I've seen afforementioned placement of Pheonix above Kellogg and INSEAD I turned off that page.

When I referred to "more or less usefull MBA directories on the net" I meant something like this site:
https://www.find-mba.com/

It contains some usefull info on MBA programs throughout the world. Well, if not usefull - entertaining at least. I enjoyed playing with the info on various MBA programs in countries like Iceland, Moldova, Georgia or even Angola (OK, I'm a dork - I admit :hammer :) ). Seriously, without any belittling, I was suprised how seriously people are trying to change something in their environments and to train some business people on the local level. Of course, it's all about money, but in some exotic countries you can make serious money on tobacco trafiking, you don't have to run a business school for that.

Nevertheless, I think your initiative for international schools ranking is really great. With 50.000+ prospective students in this forum, GMATClub could easily becomme the most cited ranking in the near future. I think we should make some permanent ranking of US schools, Euro schools and one global ranking. We can do it in a form of survey, or we could make it in the form you already use for international schools where everyone could give their own pros and cons for a specific school. Why should we realy only on US news and FT (albeit we should consider them, definitelly) when we have 50.000+ oppinions of future students? Well, you should discount from that number brand whores like me, but that's great number even then :P
Retired Moderator
 Q48  V41
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Do you have any research or information on the Spanish schools ? If so please post on the rankings thread.

No, unfortunately not. Spanish schools weren't really on my radar, so I don't know anything but information I've found on GMATclub.

The only thing I've spoted recently is that IE started the online MBA program, which was kind of odd for me because I didn't expected a well regarded school to do something like that. It's not that I disrespect online MBA, I am aware that every commodity has a buyer, but... Well, maybe it just support your thesis that IE is the weakest among the three spanish schools.

EDIT: Sorry, it wasn't your statement, but Greenoaks' :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Oxford
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi all,

Regarding Spanish Schools - I never considered applying to them myself; but this opinion about IE being the weakest (despite being ranked higher of the three), is quite widespread. I am not sure to which extent this is true, but know that one of gmatclubbers, Arjtryarjtry, did some research on IE, as he got admit from there (he will be attending Oxford Said though) - so maybe we could get more info from him.

Back to the original topic - if we won't focus solely on US schools, it may be useful to check Financial Times rankings as well:

https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-rankings
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1415 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've got a fresh list of top 50 business schools but can't post the link as I'm very new to this foum and the forum rule says that I need to post 5/10 posts before i could actually post a link. :evil:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes - anti-spam protection.
You can write it out or PM me and I will post it in your post
Intern
Intern
Send PM
smartguy wrote:
Does anyone has list of Top 100 Business schools in US , Is the value of mba goes and job prospects goes down if it's not done from a top 50 school .

I don't know more about the B schools in USA but about some B Schools i have Heard so would like to share that with you :-

Stanford University (CA)
Harvard Business School (MA)
Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University (IL)
Columbia Business School (NY)
MIT Sloan (MA)
University of Michigan Business School, Ann Arbor
Yale School of Management (CT)
McCombs School of Business, Univ of Texas, Austin (TX).....
GMAT Club Bot