Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:LBS
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
Hey guys, for those of you who did visit the LBS campus prior to applying, did you attend one of the formal info sessions, or just partake in the drop in sessions that LBS offers ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
pmenon wrote:
Hey guys, for those of you who did visit the LBS campus prior to applying, did you attend one of the formal info sessions, or just partake in the drop in sessions that LBS offers ?

I attended one of those formal sessions, and found that whatever the adm. guys had to say was useless/redundant/obvious... Can't believe they had a PE prof. lecturing on the 'details' of a 'particular case' to prospective students.. I felt that lecture was so out of place, given the audience.

Anyway, I found the interaction with the students quite useful... with all the "insider" information. So, if you can manage to get hold of current students anywhere.. be it on campus or during formal sessions..jump on.
Director
Director
Send PM
Thanks for the reply. Ive been debating whether its worth it taking a trip from Canada to go visit the campus in person; Ive heard a lot about how a visit can pay off, and that some schools actually track this info. Ive gone to the info sessions here and have linked up with the local alum club president, and talked to a few current students .... but always wondering whether an in person visit could help :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Hey all thread is kinda cold so I thought maybe wake us up a little. I got my student visa to the UK in 5 days (compare it to the American one). I'm gonna be travelling now and wont be very active on the forums (but will definitely be here in spirit).
Director
Director
Send PM
bsd, start the 'Calling all 2010 LBS applicants' thread ! :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
pmenon I think I should pass the baton to class of 2010 (ie. you :) ) Feel free to start one. I'll help out where I can.

pmenon wrote:
bsd, start the 'Calling all 2010 LBS applicants' thread ! :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Hey all thread is kinda cold so I thought maybe wake us up a little. I got my student visa to the UK in 5 days (compare it to the American one). I'm gonna be travelling now and wont be very active on the forums (but will definitely be here in spirit).

bsd, SEE U IN LONDON!!

Where ever your travels take you, don't forget, there is no place like home (i.e GMATCLUB), so do update us on your whereabouts
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:

Have fun bsd_lover!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Have a nice travel fella!

You are one of the greatest contributor to this forum, so don't be absent too long. You have new generation of LBS-ers you have to take care of :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Thanks nink, Pathfinder. I arrived at Auckland, New Zealand today on a humongous Airbus 380 which was only about 50% full and ran 3 hours late (surely there's a business lesson there somewhere). The luxury of Emirates totally annihilates any other competitor's offerings. I'll gladly pay $50 more for the comforts of this airline and for its kick ass entertainment system (300 movies on demand on your own screen .. :shock: )

No admits this year from this city however, so looks like it'll just be some good old fashioned quality time with the parents (and some generous lashings of gclub on the side). Just started reading "the money culture" by Michael Lewis. I'm wondering about any other good ways of spending next 2 months to recharge my batteries and to prepare myself mentally for school again. Any suggestions ?
Director
Director
Send PM
Emirates is flat out, hands down awesome. On no other airline would I rather spend 13 hours on (as I did recently from Toronto to Dubai). I havent had the chance to fly the A380 yet, but they did announce that they will start the A380 on the Toronto-Dubai route this July, so Im quite excited for my next trip !!

P.S. bsd, did you start a 'Calling all LBS admits' thread last year ? I cant seem to find it if you did ...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yes - it was I - The thread was titled LBS R1 roll call. The link can be found on the root post of this thread.

pmenon wrote:
Emirates is flat out, hands down awesome. On no other airline would I rather spend 13 hours on (as I did recently from Toronto to Dubai). I havent had the chance to fly the A380 yet, but they did announce that they will start the A380 on the Toronto-Dubai route this July, so Im quite excited for my next trip !!

P.S. bsd, did you start a 'Calling all LBS admits' thread last year ? I cant seem to find it if you did ...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Sadly, last Friday I received the information that I am only waitlisted :/

I have a question on this. Some information sources (Montauk) state that you should reaffirm your wish to attend the program and update the school about recent accomplishments (just took over the lead for a 2-million€ project). Does LBS belong to the group of schools that appreciate this or to the group of schools where this would rather hurt my application?

I currently more take the waitlist decision like a ding. This is also supported by the article in business week:
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/co ... 920079.htm

Any success stories that can cheer me up a bit?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Elderas that is disappointing, however, don't lose heart. I can assure you that LBS does appreciate updates. This 2million euro project is excellent news and I would definitely update them about this. Also keep in mind that if you are waitlisted and stay on waitlisted till the end, you will receive either a deferred admit, or a special consideration for next year. I know because this is what happened to me. Check out my debrief here :
gmat-club-opens-account-for-70065.html#p516870

Elderas wrote:
Sadly, last Friday I received the information that I am only waitlisted :/

I have a question on this. Some information sources (Montauk) state that you should reaffirm your wish to attend the program and update the school about recent accomplishments (just took over the lead for a 2-million€ project). Does LBS belong to the group of schools that appreciate this or to the group of schools where this would rather hurt my application?

I currently more take the waitlist decision like a ding. This is also supported by the article in business week:
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/co ... 920079.htm

Any success stories that can cheer me up a bit?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q47  V38
Send PM
I don't know the fee payment plan is similar across other programs at LBS but for my one they require the full payment by the time the course starts or alternatively 35% by the time the course starts and the rest within the next 6 months. The masters is 11 month long... doesn't this seem to be awfully quick? Either way there is a hefty reservation fee to be paid by mid june and this is after having paid the commitment fee already. Is it just me finding it strange and worrying or do most b-schools require payment so quickly? Any clues anyone?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Elderas that is disappointing, however, don't lose heart. I can assure you that LBS does appreciate updates. This 2million euro project is excellent news and I would definitely update them about this. Also keep in mind that if you are waitlisted and stay on waitlisted till the end, you will receive either a deferred admit, or a special consideration for next year. I know because this is what happened to me. Check out my debrief here :
gmat-club-opens-account-for-70065.html#p516870

what about the statement in the mail
Quote:
We do not require you to send any extra information unless we specifically
contact you ourselves.

the main interpretation in the BW forums seem to be that it means to not send additional information.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I sent them some extra information last year and they said that they would attach it to the "file." So I am pretty sure that an important update (such as new responsibility at work) is fair game.

Elderas wrote:

what about the statement in the mail
Quote:
We do not require you to send any extra information unless we specifically
contact you ourselves.

the main interpretation in the BW forums seem to be that it means to not send additional information.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts