Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
MBA200809 wrote:
congrats aakashganga.
Are u international? when did u get the call....!! Do u mind sharing ur stats

yes. I am an International(from India). Stats: 30/male/IT retail/9 years exp./740 GMAT/ranked in the university.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
aakashganga wrote:
MBA200809 wrote:
congrats aakashganga.
Are u international? when did u get the call....!! Do u mind sharing ur stats

yes. I am an International(from India). Stats: 30/male/IT retail/9 years exp./740 GMAT/ranked in the university.

congrats! Me, on the other hand, is still waiting for the call... sigh...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
same here...please someone call me..!!!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Johnson, Yale
Send PM
azngaucho/MBA200809
Did you guys have the feedback session yet? If so, how did it go?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes had my feedback session couple weeks back.. it was ok. First 15 mins or so were used to explain the WL process and what i should and should not expect. Then she asked about a recent update in my profile. Last 5 minsutes were for any questions i had. Overall nothin new. I know people have sessions scheduled for next week as well. Not sure how this links to the admits as after June 1st they should have a final picture now.
How did ur feedback session go. Was it similar to this one.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Johnson, Yale
Send PM
Thanks for the info. I'm actually one of those at the bottom of the barrel with a session scheduled for next week. Maybe the yield for this year is extremely low. I had sent in 4 updates and an additioal recommendation letter since being waitlisted in December.

Hope you get the call soon.

MBA200809 wrote:
yes had my feedback session couple weeks back.. it was ok. First 15 mins or so were used to explain the WL process and what i should and should not expect. Then she asked about a recent update in my profile. Last 5 minsutes were for any questions i had. Overall nothin new. I know people have sessions scheduled for next week as well. Not sure how this links to the admits as after June 1st they should have a final picture now.
Current Student
Send PM
Im in! Im in! :lol:
And yes, I had my feedback session in early May. It lasted 30mins with Ann Richards. She said there was no glaring weakness in my application, but it was just average. So we went on to talk about my commitment to Johnson.

What really got me in was the constant contact and a lot of luck. I first met Christine (adcom) at the MBA fair in LA. I wrote her an email today stating how I considered her as a friend rather than a member of the adcom, and that she was a lot less intimidating. So I reiterated that I was willing to forego my partial $$ to another school that was on par and my second deposit deadline was coming up tomorrow. And I asked her to be frank with me on how I stand on the waitlist. She grabbed my file and made me an offer right there. So I chalk it up to a lot of luck, and some pressure from a peer school.

For all of you still on the 'list" dont get discouraged by the next bit of news im going to share. She said I was the last offer they're going to make in a while because as it stands, the class is now full. But people are still going to drop out. So keep your heads up and dont stop the communications.

Good luck to all

2011MBA wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'm actually one of those at the bottom of the barrel with a session scheduled for next week. Maybe the yield for this year is extremely low. I had sent in 4 updates and an additioal recommendation letter since being waitlisted in December.

Hope you get the call soon.

MBA200809 wrote:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
azngaucho wrote:
Im in! Im in! :lol:
And yes, I had my feedback session in early May. It lasted 30mins with Ann Richards. She said there was no glaring weakness in my application, but it was just average. So we went on to talk about my commitment to Johnson.

Congrats! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats azngaucho..
Can you also share ur profile and anything specific u added to ur resume
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks MBA!
28/M/710/ Web director for small sports media company/ Asian
Since ive been on the waitlist, Ive received a promotion and continued doing EC (participated in a few fund raisers)
But I dont think thats what got me in the door. I think its the constant communications and restating your desire to attend their school. A friend of mine who attended Johnson told me to find a contact, whether its the student ambassadors, or a member of the Adcom that you can talk to, and just dont lose contact with them. You want your name to pop out in their next admissions meeting. For me, Ive maintained a good relationship with Christine, ever since September of '08. Let's face it, at this point, everybody on the list is smart and driven, it comes down to who is committed to the school and will say "yes" when that call comes. You just have to make them believe you will say yes.

Hope this helps and good luck!

MBA200809 wrote:
congrats azngaucho..
Can you also share ur profile and anything specific u added to ur resume
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats azngaucho. Are you accepting the offer? If so, we would be classmates. I just paid my deposit.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q44  V45
Send PM
hey guys,

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who made it off the wait list! I know EXACTLY how you feel :-D

congratulations again, i look forward to meeting my classmates this fall, especially those from GMATclub :P
Current Student
Send PM
Have those admitted figured out housing option? I am just overwhelemed about the number of things I have to take care in just 2 months.
Current Student
 Q44  V45
Send PM
yea, I'm going to be living in Fairview. It's about a 15 min walk to Sage and close to like groceries, etc. I won't have a car (from NYC) so it was important to be near campus.

I spoke to some current students and they all recommended Fairview to me, given that I won't have a car. I couple of them live there now and like it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wonder if the yield was lower than the advertised 70% this year - that's a lot of waitlist offers! Fairview and Summerhill / Plaza East sound like the favorites.
Current Student
 Q44  V45
Send PM
the 70% is the pre-deposit 2 yield. there is no way it will stay up there. It's traditionally about 50-55% and I think that's where we'll see it end up again this year.
Current Student
Send PM
christopherW wrote:
the 70% is the pre-deposit 2 yield. there is no way it will stay up there. It's traditionally about 50-55% and I think that's where we'll see it end up again this year.

Would that affect ranking again?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72