Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Biotech MC
Schools:Kellogg (R1 Dinged),Cornell (R2), Emory(Interview Scheduled), IESE (R1 Interviewed), ISB (Interviewed), LBS (R2), Vanderbilt (R3 Interviewed)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Biotech MC
Schools:Kellogg (R1 Dinged),Cornell (R2), Emory(Interview Scheduled), IESE (R1 Interviewed), ISB (Interviewed), LBS (R2), Vanderbilt (R3 Interviewed)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Re: Admission Consulting firms [#permalink]
I have tried it and frankly speaking he did a fine job. I liked him more because the essay was previously revied by one of the (so called :evil:) top Consulting firms (that i used last year but postponed applying by a year). .....has anybody worked with MBA studio for a full application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
Send PM
BSchoolorBust wrote:
I've been advised to stay away from MBA Apply (Alex Chu).

Feedback was that his advice was very superficial, and when I checked his posts at the BW forums it seems to be true.

Hope that helps.

I havent used his paid services but he generally offers pretty decent service on bw.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

I used Link Removed and they did some great work for me--and they charged half of what most of these others services charge. They're all Yale graduates, which thanks to Google I could verify myself!!!!!

They responded to several of my follow-up emails in full, and even gave me a free assessment before I decided to commit...anyway, I'm really pleased with the result.

Kim

Originally posted by kimengineer on 01 Jul 2009, 14:16.
Last edited by Jerz on 01 Jul 2009, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Commercial solicitation
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
kimengineer wrote:
Hi guys,

I used Link Removed and they did some great work for me--and they charged half of what most of these others services charge. They're all Yale graduates, which thanks to Google I could verify myself!!!!!

They responded to several of my follow-up emails in full, and even gave me a free assessment before I decided to commit...anyway, I'm really pleased with the result.

Kim

I'm not usually the overly skeptical type but when someone's first post is to plug a service it seems a bit suspect. I hope they did indeed help you and that you aren't just marketing yours/your friends' business!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Too many years as an auditor have made me more skeptical than you, ElleBee.

Kim - please PM me if you believe I've overreacted by deleting the link. I hope you stick around and contribute to the forum, and would be happy to replace the link if you do so.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Thanks for removing the link, Jerz. I didn't want to seem like a jerk but it I hate it when people clutter boards, with just one or two posts, marketing their own services!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I'll put a good word in for MBA Exchange here. I used their services last year and will be starting at Ross in the Fall. I was very impressed by their services.

I think the important thing when it comes to Admissions consultants, is to temper your expectations. I (obviously) don't know if I would have gotten into Michigan without the services provided by MBAEx, but I felt that they gave my app a significant boost in terms of polish, and consistent message. I have a bit of an atypical background, so they helped me craft a succinct, polished message.

PM me if you have any specific questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone used mbamission? if so please provide some feedback on the service. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Has anyone used mbaexchange? I have heard that they have only limited number of hours in their comprehensive service, some say, it is about 30-40 hours for four schools. Is that true?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
I would like just to reinforce this topic and kindly ask guys who have been admitted recently to post here with which consultants did they work.

I am currently considering to hire an admission consulting company/consultant and I am targeting 4-5 schools.
I plan to apply in R1 fall 2011.
What about MBA mission and MB exchange?

Please provide your feedback and if you want to remain provate just send me a pm.

thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3