Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke Fall 2010 Applicants! (MERGED) [#permalink]
Good luck everyone!

Here's the link to the 2009 thread: calling-all-duke-fuqua-fall-2009-applicants-66970.html

NOTE: Merged. Please check if there's an existing school thread before starting a new one.

Originally posted by w103psp on 23 Jun 2009, 20:01.
Last edited by nink on 23 Jun 2009, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
merged
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility
Schools:Ross, Fuqua
 Q48  V47
Send PM
I'll be applying in R1 to Duke for a dual degree program with the Nicholas School of the Environment.
Current Student
Send PM
w103psp wrote:
Good luck everyone!

Here's the link to the 2009 thread: calling-all-duke-fuqua-fall-2009-applicants-66970.html

NOTE: Merged. Please check if there's an existing school thread before starting a new one.

Strange, this thread is not coming up in the search yet. That's why I added 1 last night.
Current Student
 Q44  V42
Send PM
w103psp wrote:
w103psp wrote:
Good luck everyone!

Strange, this thread is not coming up in the search yet. That's why I added 1 last night.

Thanks for starting another thread. :) What round are you in for, w103psp?
Current Student
Send PM
ElleBee wrote:
w103psp wrote:
w103psp wrote:
Good luck everyone!

Thanks for starting another thread. :) What round are you in for, w103psp?

EA, Duke's my #1 choice. I need to research some more about application submission, campus visit and interview timeline; whether it makes sense to visit and interview (if possible) before submission so I can incorporate that in my essays.

I also need to retake my GMAT and I will probably schedule that just after Labor day weekend.

ElleBee, what are you plans? I need to review the 2009 thread completely. Seems like the LOC is the biggie.

Originally posted by w103psp on 24 Jun 2009, 06:56.
Last edited by w103psp on 24 Jun 2009, 17:38, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
 Q44  V40
Send PM
I'm in for EA or R1 haven't made up my mind yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
I'm in for RD 2. I absolutely loved the school when I visited last fall.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
2012dreams, what was it about the campus that made you fall in love with it?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Send PM
lucidhaze wrote:
I'll be applying in R1 to Duke for a dual degree program with the Nicholas School of the Environment.

Cool, I didn't realize they had this.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Updated the top post.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Hey, guys! I am a 2009 grad from Duke, and getting ready to move out of Durham. I wish you all the best with your applications and the crazy journey you're embarking on!

And to answer an earlier question, yes, there will be an EA round. I was the MBAA Admissions Exec Officer, so had lots of opportunities to get the inside scoop this year!
Current Student
 Q44  V42
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
Hey, guys! I am a 2009 grad from Duke, and getting ready to move out of Durham. I wish you all the best with your applications and the crazy journey you're embarking on!

And to answer an earlier question, yes, there will be an EA round. I was the MBAA Admissions Exec Officer, so had lots of opportunities to get the inside scoop this year!

Yay, thanks aaudetat! I figured/hoped there would be and am glad to have the official inside scoop to know for sure. Good luck with your move out of Durham and your new post-business school life!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Givemedisco wrote:
2012dreams, what was it about the campus that made you fall in love with it?

well, being that it was my first (and, thus far, only) school visit, i can't make any sweeping conclusions about its facilities relative to other programs, but i did think they had a great campus and building. we were in various rooms (lecture, break out rooms/small meetings, etc) and also spent some time in the lounge and i had no complaints on that end.

what stood out to me most was the student body. i personally chose my undergrad based on its reputation as a top univ yet being a very collegial environment. at this point in the game, many b-school students could care less about that, but the students at fuqua do. everyone i spoke with was helpful and you didn't feel like you were walking through a wall of tension. i also like that students were honest, they spoke candidly about the strengths and weaknesses of the program as well as some of the challenges students faced in recruiting this year. i also had the opportunity to meet a lot of alums from the program, and the lengths they go to to reach back and help current students is amazing (a plus for fostering a collegial environment while in school). in this regard, i think duke is underrated; it's a younger program (that in only 30 years has become a top 10-15) but they are making quite an inroads. as alums move into more positions of power, i think it's the strong alumni network and desire to work with current students that's going to make this school a best bet.

i was also impressed by the level of resources they have committed to strengthening key areas. they have one of the top health care management programs, their dedication to international expansion and the number of international immersion opportunities is amazing, i was very impressed with their initiatives on social enterprise - there's a plethora of projects people can get involved in and a lot of support for students who go into social ventures, and the faculty members who spoke with us were very engaged in their subjects and with the student body.

the location is a catch 22. it's not a far plane ride from many east coast hubs and i like the fact that the location really makes recruiters come to you (unlike NY locations where proximity to top corps/offices gives recruiters the upper-hand) and it fosters a strong community, but being a big city person, i can see myself getting bored out there after the first year.
Current Student
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:

Hey Aaudetat,
Good luck with the move! Hope it's not Boston as we've seen the sun once in the past 2 months!!!

Regarding the interview, I read the following: "The interviewer initially mentioned how the interview worked - that he had only my resume and access to no other material. The interview itself was for about 25-30 mins followed by me asking him questions. "

https://www.accepted.com/mba/interviews/ ... IntID=9725

You think this is accurate? Could we then interview before submitting our application?

Thanks,
Raj
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Add me to this list, I should be applying to duke as well. Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
w103psp wrote:
Hey Aaudetat,
Good luck with the move! Hope it's not Boston as we've seen the sun once in the past 2 months!!!

Regarding the interview, I read the following: "The interviewer initially mentioned how the interview worked - that he had only my resume and access to no other material. The interview itself was for about 25-30 mins followed by me asking him questions. "

https://www.accepted.com/mba/interviews/ ... IntID=9725

You think this is accurate? Could we then interview before submitting our application?

Thanks,
Raj

You need to start your application before you're allowed to schedule an interview. If I remember correctly, submitting the first part of the application (name/WE/demographic info/resume) was all that was needed. I don't remember if we had to pay the app fee before scheduling it or not. Hope this helps!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
isa wrote:
You need to start your application before you're allowed to schedule an interview. If I remember correctly, submitting the first part of the application (name/WE/demographic info/resume) was all that was needed. I don't remember if we had to pay the app fee before scheduling it or not. Hope this helps!

You don't have to pay a fee before you schedule (UNC does that :x ).

I'm not sure if you have to start an app before you can schedule. If I remember correctly you sign up for an interview the same way you sign up for a class visit. They do ask that you email your resume before you come for an interview though.

RF
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts