Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy Management, Finance
Schools:Cornell 2011
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
Let me know if any potential 1Ys (one-year program) have questions specific to that program.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
Did anyone use the "c) I wish the admissions committee had asked me…… " question to address a GPA? I am on the fence of explaining my GPA, and would err to the side of doing so but I think the "b) People may be surprised to learn that I…. " question can add more to my application.

I used it to have my wife write an essay explaining why they should take me. I agree with the advice you got - use the extra essay for GPA/GMAT issues.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
Hi all, please count me in for R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Strategy Management, Finance
Schools:Cornell 2011
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Do you guys know where I can find the recommendation letter questions? The online application isn't available yet... :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Is anyone here considering the MMM program? I'm on the fence, since it seems like it could definitely work for me, but I'm unsure how relevant everything is to the software industry. Everything that I've read has been a bit too generic, but I get the feel that the program may be too slanted towards other industries to be worth it for me. Any insider info?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Christinee, You're thinking to hard just do it! If anything kellogg is probably the best first application because it'll cover a lot of the questions for the other apps.

mba12tech, I've thought about it. It seems like a good program and the placement I would personally say is better than the overclass, then again the placement are all focused toward consulting and Big Corp which is pretty much the group that it attracts. It has definitely fewer marketing and CPG than the general pop.

unhedge, used the I wished to address any highlights. I wouldn't worry too much about negatives until your optional essay.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
mba12tech wrote:
Is anyone here considering the MMM program? I'm on the fence, since it seems like it could definitely work for me, but I'm unsure how relevant everything is to the software industry. Everything that I've read has been a bit too generic, but I get the feel that the program may be too slanted towards other industries to be worth it for me. Any insider info?

It probably wont hurt or help in that industry. If you wanted an operations/GM gig at a hardware or major software company then it would be great. Intel, Dell, Apple, RIM, Microsoft, etc all are tech companies that hire MMMs FT and for internships. I dont think many people really go into software areas outside of big companies like microsoft, symantec, apple, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Wharton
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Count me in for Round 1!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
mba12tech: I'm considering the MMM program and am also on the fence. One aspect of the program that I like is that it narrows down the relatively large overall class into a smaller group of people with similar interests. Of course, joining clubs would probably accomplish much of the same. After talking to a current student, I feel like the best part is taking classes in the engineering school towards a second degree for the same cost while the downside is taking less electives in other more interesting areas. Also, even though I'm not familiar with recruiting, I don't imagine that the MEM degree adds that much value on top of the Kellogg MBA (except maybe for project management?).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Strategy
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Lotta early birds here. And consequently a lot of my questions have already been answered. Thanks folks and count me in for R1!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q50  V42
Send PM
gregarious wrote:
mba12tech: I'm considering the MMM program and am also on the fence. One aspect of the program that I like is that it narrows down the relatively large overall class into a smaller group of people with similar interests. Of course, joining clubs would probably accomplish much of the same. After talking to a current student, I feel like the best part is taking classes in the engineering school towards a second degree for the same cost while the downside is taking less electives in other more interesting areas. Also, even though I'm not familiar with recruiting, I don't imagine that the MEM degree adds that much value on top of the Kellogg MBA (except maybe for project management?).

Yeah, I agree; I wouldn't be doing it for the extra degree (though that's an upside), but to beef up my engineering street cred / knowledge-base. A lot of the MMM coursework that I've seen on the site is pretty appealing. I don't know how great of a match MMM is for someone like me who is interested in software (specifically, net software), but then again, I'd be ignorant to assume that I will always be in that area only or that it wouldn't have some crossover with hardware or other engineering realms.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Does anyone have an outline of what the Career Progress Survey (Kellogg's recommendation letter format) looks like? My recommenders are trying to get a head start on these and I can't seem to find what this looks like anywhere? Also, does this survey change often or is it basically the same each year?

Thanks everyone!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Kudos
ACNguy wrote:
Does anyone have an outline of what the Career Progress Survey (Kellogg's recommendation letter format) looks like? My recommenders are trying to get a head start on these and I can't seem to find what this looks like anywhere? Also, does this survey change often or is it basically the same each year?

Thanks everyone!

My application was done online so I have no idea what recommendation part looks like. But attached is a copy of Recommendation Letter form for Kellogg PT MBA Program. Not sure if this is exactly what it looks like for FT program or not. Riverripper or another Kellogg student can probably confirm.

Attachment:
RecommendationForm.doc [82.5 KiB]
Downloaded 839 times
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
nink wrote:
ACNguy wrote:

Thanks everyone!

My application was done online so I have no idea what recommendation part looks like. But attached is a copy of Recommendation Letter form for Kellogg PT MBA Program. Not sure if this is exactly what it looks like for FT program or not. Riverripper or another Kellogg student can probably confirm.

Attachment:
RecommendationForm.doc

Kudos to you! Thanks a lot!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
nink wrote:

Attachment:
RecommendationForm.doc

This is helpful. It gives a good idea what school is looking for. Now I have a better idea how to approach my recommenders, but it also raises concerns, it seems to have a lot of writing involved without quotas.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
billyjeans wrote:
nink wrote:

Attachment:
RecommendationForm.doc

This is helpful. It gives a good idea what school is looking for. Now I have a better idea how to approach my recommenders, but it also raises concerns, it seems to have a lot of writing involved without quotas.

I'm pretty sure the FT recommendation form is similar but not exactly the same. I'm also pretty sure it had page limits. Not sure if I still have it - but will check when I get back to my computer at home.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
I compiled the last three class profile documents into one pdf. You might find it interesting or you might not but check it out.
Attachments

File comment: 2007, 2008, and now 2009 Kellogg Incoming Class Profiles
Kellogg Incoming Class Profile.pdf [176.41 KiB]
Downloaded 278 times

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  136   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts