Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 406 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 2: 760  Q50  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:HBS, Wharton, MIT, Columbia
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Does anyone else think that the new Wharton site is just plain ugly? I thought that the old design was clean and professional looking, but the new one is sloppy and overall just poor quality IMO. I think it's almost as bad as Fuqua's site.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Is it me or Wharton Adcom changed their policy about rec letters? My understanding was that they required 2 + 1 optional but I couldn't find anything on the optional one in the new site or in the application form.

Any clue?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
mba12tech wrote:
Does anyone else think that the new Wharton site is just plain ugly? I thought that the old design was clean and professional looking, but the new one is sloppy and overall just poor quality IMO. I think it's almost as bad as Fuqua's site.

I agree, the new site also seems to be all over the place style-wise. I'm personally not a fan of the school's colors either , but that's not stopping me from applying :) IMHO, Kellogg has the easiest site to navigate and MIT's is most stylish, in a tech-ish way that befits the institution.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
How are transcripts submitted? Does my undergrad need to send them directly my transcript? I'm assuming I can't open it.

My school also issues it in a PDF, and has a security enabled so it can not be doctored.

Does Upenn allow electronic transcripts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Product Management
Schools:Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
bigfernhead wrote:
How are transcripts submitted? Does my undergrad need to send them directly my transcript? I'm assuming I can't open it.

My school also issues it in a PDF, and has a security enabled so it can not be doctored.

Does Upenn allow electronic transcripts?

you don't have to send in your official transcripts now...you can just upload unofficial transcripts for now and submit the official ones after you get admitted.
Current Student
Send PM
cozmo8 wrote:
you don't have to send in your official transcripts now...you can just upload unofficial transcripts for now and submit the official ones after you get admitted.

Did anyone notice that on the Wharton site it says that official transcripts can be sent now instead of uploading unofficial transcripts using the template? However, the site says that "Using the Transcript Template substantially accelerates application processing." I wonder why it would matter since all decisions get released at the same time anyways. Sending the official transcripts now seems like it means one less thing to do later (if admitted of course :-D )
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Here's what I don't understand. Maybe it's just me, but the instructions are not clear on transcripts.

Do you "need" to use the transcript template, or can you just upload a pdf version of your transcript?

In the template, are you supposed to list out every course you've taken and their grades?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm applying Round 1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Wharton
 Q49  V38
Send PM
I'm in for Round 1 as well.

I would scan your transcript, and then upload it as a pdf. Have an official transcript ready in case you're admitted, but for the application itself, I'd just upload a scanned copy. It seems easiest, and it's definitely less time-consuming.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Roll call updated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R1
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Quick question, guys. Since Wharton asks for two recommendations (preferably supervisors) which combination would be better:

1. Current Supervisor from Current Employer
2. Current Director (supported me through entrepreneurial and leadership stuff at current employer) above my Supervisor.

or
1. Current Director (supported me through entrepreneurial and leadership stuff at current employer) above my Supervisor.
2. Former non profit Executive Director (and former direct supervisor) who saw me establish a new branch for the non-profit and really add value to small businesses for the last 3 years.

Thanks in advance!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
I like the second one better, it provides another dimension to your profile.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Just heard that for Wharton the first two could be more appealing, which is why its so hard to decide. Anyone from the school? What do you guys think?
Current Student
Send PM
Another thought to consider . . . how reliable do you think your former supervisor would be in terms of meeting the deadline? I've tracked down several former supervisors for recs but now they're doing a good job of avoiding me :( At least with your current supervisors, you can remind them in person.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gregarious wrote:
Another thought to consider . . . how reliable do you think your former supervisor would be in terms of meeting the deadline? I've tracked down several former supervisors for recs but now they're doing a good job of avoiding me :( At least with your current supervisors, you can remind them in person.

I have never had that problem with her (committing to something and not meeting the commitment). I will be reminding my recommenders once a week for good measure. I am giving mine only 2 schools for the first round and the one that ends up without a second essay will only have a one page thing left for HBS.
Current Student
Send PM
Sounds like you've got a good plan. One of the main reasons I cut down from six Round 1 apps down to three was knowing that it was going to be hard getting the recommendations. I had the bright idea of spreading out the second recommendation among three former supervisors so no one person was too burdened. It seemed smart at first but now I'm trying to get in touch with/remind three people with very different schedules. Plus, my current supervisor was not too excited when I asked him to write five or six recommendations :o Hopefully, there's a lot of overlap.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts