Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Re: The GMAT journey - From 600+ to ??? [#permalink]
ETS paper test seem to have easier quant section than actual gmat/gmat prep
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
snipertrader wrote:

I concur with that statement, the problems I saw on those tests seem to be at a much lower level than the problems I have seen here.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Jivana wrote:
snipertrader wrote:

I concur with that statement, the problems I saw on those tests seem to be at a much lower level than the problems I have seen here.

I would suggest you to attempt the 2 available GMATPrep test. This would give you a correct idea of where you stand.
Suspended Member
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
but ETS is good for practice ...i guess
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
gmac25 wrote:

Not sure what this ETS is ? Is it the old GMAT Test Papers ? The old GMAT Test Papers has quant very very easy as compared to actual GMAT tests; verbal questions are of good quality.

believe me guys, there is nothing as accurate as GMATPrep tests. One can attempt the GMATPrep tests several times.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
bigoyal wrote:
gmac25 wrote:

Not sure what this ETS is ? Is it the old GMAT Test Papers ? The old GMAT Test Papers has quant very very easy as compared to actual GMAT tests; verbal questions are of good quality.

believe me guys, there is nothing as accurate as GMATPrep tests. One can attempt the GMATPrep tests several times.

I have those papers, and I agree quant is easy to medium and very few hard ones, if you have ample time do it for practise and not to be treated as a benchmark. But verbal is good, so in case short of time better to do only the verbal portion of it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Guys,

I intend to take the test with in the next 3 weeks or so. As many of us work full time as well, things are a bit different for me. I do not have too much time on my hands to take several tests. At this point thinking about taking the GMATprep CATS, read the CR bible and MGMAT SC books.

If time permits, I would like to take a few more CATs, but I'm not sure about which ones (besides GmatPrep) are the closest the actual GMAT questions. I would appreciate it you guys can post your comments on which ones, Kaplan, Manhattan, PR, et al., will provide the best utilization of one's time.

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Jivana wrote:
Guys,

I intend to take the test with in the next 3 weeks or so. As many of us work full time as well, things are a bit different for me. I do not have too much time on my hands to take several tests. At this point thinking about taking the GMATprep CATS, read the CR bible and MGMAT SC books.

If time permits, I would like to take a few more CATs, but I'm not sure about which ones (besides GmatPrep) are the closest the actual GMAT questions. I would appreciate it you guys can post your comments on which ones, Kaplan, Manhattan, PR, et al., will provide the best utilization of one's time.

Thanks!

I would say gmatfocus.com .. if you can afford it .. as it is from GMAC guys ... though you would ocassionaly see some OG 12 questions, but still it is the closest to GMATPrep
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I am not sure if spending any additional money is worth it this late in the game, given that I have access to several MGMAT, Kaplan, McGraw Hill & PR CATs, as well as the old PowerPrep CATs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Took the first Gmat Club test today:
Quote:
m25: you answered correctly 27 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m25 is 73.7% (you did better than 73.7% of m25 test takers).

Missed: 3, 4, 6, 14, 17, 19, 20, 22, 27, 29. :(
Time: 56m 51s
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Since ur Q seems fine, i would focus on V. A good V score can really boost your gmat score.

Jivana wrote:
Guys,

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Definitely, I think the greatest room for improvement for me is with verbal. In quant I need to stop making silly errors. In m25, I had only 3-4 genuine misses. The rest were due to silly errors, like choosing the wrong answer, missing signs, et al.,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
I think if you're hitting V43 and V45 there's not much room for improvement. That's basically like 2-3 wrong per section and it's almost impossible to improve to the point where you're consisting getting 1 wrong or less. With quant it's more likely that you can improve to the point where you're almost guaranteed a Q50 or higher, so I would make sure to keep reviewing quant as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
good luck. you are doing good.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4614 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Took m01 today.

Quote:
m01: you answered correctly 28 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m01 is 66.6% (you did better than 66.6% of m01 test takers).

Missed: 4, 11, 17, 19, 20, 26, 33, 35, 37
Time: 1h 13m 48s

Very very disappointed!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
bipolarbear wrote:
I think if you're hitting V43 and V45 there's not much room for improvement. That's basically like 2-3 wrong per section and it's almost impossible to improve to the point where you're consisting getting 1 wrong or less. With quant it's more likely that you can improve to the point where you're almost guaranteed a Q50 or higher, so I would make sure to keep reviewing quant as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

My problem with verbal is consistency, specially with SC, and to a lesser extent with CR. On any given day, I can get 90%+ correct on a set of SC, and on another day that number can dip below 70%.

I know that I still have several weak points in Quant, (evidence is right above, with my m01 scores.) So I agree with you, Quant still needs improvement, but verbal I still feel is a major concern for me.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts