Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [1]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [1]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep - How to move verbal score from 23 to 40+ [#permalink]
Kudos
manojgmat wrote:
Hi, I doing practice test on Kaplan and GMATPrep, but looks like my verbal is not showing up good results.
i just get in the range of 21-28, not at all consistent, where as math i am doing ok like 46-47.

Please suggest something for verbal, how to get 40+ in gmatprep practice tests? any help is highly appreciated.

let me recount how and what i do while i reach verbal, so that you get a better picture;
1. Verbal is last so i get tired and lose concentration.
2. most of the time in hurry to finish the test, and end up not using leftout time like 30-36min.
3. yes, due to lost concentration, i do have problem sometime in interpreting 100% and about SC I sometime just dont know which one is right.

overall , i need to relax and slow down and keepup my concentration till end. Now i am wondering after doing all this will i be able to cover up such a drastic gap from 23 to 40+ in verbal?

overall i am looking for gmat score of 700+, and highest i got in practice test is 580 gmatprep.

Please folks who have done or achived these figures, suggest. Right now you folks are God!

Are concentration and timing your problems? Then nobody can tell you how to improve it... You have to work on it. If verbal is your weakness then there are many posts you can find in this forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I am wondering what is GMATPrep? is it the software from GMAC which contains two tests?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.22
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
syog wrote:
I am wondering what is GMATPrep? is it the software from GMAC which contains two tests?

Yes, it is the software from GMAC that contains two computerized adaptive tests.

For the thread starter, I think it'd be best to practice first under timed conditions and make use of an error/time log.

Also, read all the timing strategies for verbal. My time strategy for verbal would be

Average time for each question type:

Sentence correction = less than one minute (1:30 tops)

Critical reasoning = 2 minutes (2:50 tops)

Reading comprehension = 3 minutes to read the passage (with taking notes) and less than one minute per question

Of course I don't necessarily follow this in the exam. After all, you're a bozo if you constantly check the timer on the upper right hand side of the screen and determine when to move on.

I think the best way to improve time management is to establish a mental clock. In essence, you want to train your brain to determine how long a minute is without looking at the clock. You'll be able to harness this skill when you practice your questions timed. I'm telling you this works. :)

Hope I helped.
GMAT Club Bot