Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
 Q47  V35
Send PM
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Indian School of Business 2010-11 thread [#permalink]
arvs212 wrote:
hey...well im in for R2....have a not so gr8 GMAT score of 670(q47,v35,awa6) whch is way less than the freakishly high average GMAT score fr ISB...:P...nonetheless i hope to make a nice apps package so tht they might cnsider me...

fr strtrs i wrk just across the road to ISB ,in Infosys...:)i have arnd 2yrs wrk ex here in a banking project..and prior to this i was wrking in my own magazine business, which i have done fr abt a yr before doing my graduation( some unavoidble circmstnsces) and also aftr my graduation fr abt 6-7 mnths...
and since last yr march i have also been actively involved and, worked for an NGO in AP(Hyderabad)...

gr8! so we have someone staying so close to ISB.

You know last year the min GMAT score admitted to isb was 600. So don't worry much about your score, just try to make your application attractive, you still have some time.

Btw, had you any chance to visit the isb campus or information sessions ? Anything you want to share from your experience ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
count me in for R1
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am the last person who wants to stress anyone, so I apologize for posting this, but probably better now than later. For ISB the 80% GMAT score distribution is 680-760 with average being 716!

So you are a little below in scores, but that may not mean much if you have a strong application.

bigoyal wrote:
arvs212 wrote:
hey...well im in for R2....have a not so gr8 GMAT score of 670(q47,v35,awa6) whch is way less than the freakishly high average GMAT score fr ISB...:P...nonetheless i hope to make a nice apps package so tht they might cnsider me...

fr strtrs i wrk just across the road to ISB ,in Infosys...:)i have arnd 2yrs wrk ex here in a banking project..and prior to this i was wrking in my own magazine business, which i have done fr abt a yr before doing my graduation( some unavoidble circmstnsces) and also aftr my graduation fr abt 6-7 mnths...
and since last yr march i have also been actively involved and, worked for an NGO in AP(Hyderabad)...

gr8! so we have someone staying so close to ISB.

You know last year the min GMAT score admitted to isb was 600. So don't worry much about your score, just try to make your application attractive, you still have some time.

Btw, had you any chance to visit the isb campus or information sessions ? Anything you want to share from your experience ?
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
anotherindian wrote:
count me in for R1

ah! so I have some company now :)
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Reason for a break in Education - ISB & LBS [#permalink]
getbacktoskool wrote:
I had a one year break in my education before starting my graduation. The break was because I wanted to be in the best engineering college in the country. I studies for 1 year in a regional college but got admission to that college next year.

How will such a reason for the break in education be looked upon by the ADCOM in ISB and LBS?

I also had a similar 1 yr break in my education. Anyway, I think if one has learned from his mistake and later made something good out of it, he/she should be able to convince adcom. In your case a good point would be you got admission after 1 yr in regional college, this shows how determined you were.
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Reason for a break in Education - ISB & LBS [#permalink]
One more thing, in case of ISB you can use 4th essay, which is optional, to convince adcom. Not sure about LBS part.

btw, which round of ISB you are applying for ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

Count me in to. But for R2.
I am suppose to appear for my gmat in next week.
In last couple of weeks I have read a lot of blogs of current and amulni of ISB.
And the case study teaching pattern is really amazing and it is one of the prime reason why I am planning to apply.
But my profile is like (should I use as or like ?) that of 0.1 Million other engineers. Indian. IT. Male.
So I am not sure how to prove my uniqueness !!
Also I have seen that most of the IT people who have made it to ISB have a onsite record, but I dont have any onsite record. So I don't think I can build up my chances very strongly.. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Saaquib,

Would be helpful if you can mention the blogs and information sources you have been referring.. if you happen to have a note of all those..

Thanks..

And all the very best for your GMAT exam.. Do let us know about your results..

Regards

Saaquib wrote:
Hi All,

In last couple of weeks I have read a lot of blogs of current and amulni of ISB.
And the case study teaching pattern is really amazing and it is one of the prime reason why I am planning to apply.
But my profile is like (should I use as or like ?) that of 0.1 Million other engineers. Indian. IT. Male.
Also I have seen that most of the IT people who have made it to ISB have a onsite record, but I dont have any onsite record. So I don't think I can build up my chances very strongly.. :(
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Saaquib wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Saaquib,
welcome! for gmat preparation you may find the below link useful:
everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html

To make your application strong you can mention some extra-curricular activities / programs etc you have been involved in. It can be anything like writing white papers, certifications (not technical ones), any other initiatives or may be excelling in your hobbies that can reflect your leadership qualities. You still have some time, if haven't done yet, start now.

regarding the onsite criteria, I don't agree with you. I have couple of my friends in ISB who do not have any onsite exp.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [1]
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Kudos
Here is a link to one of ISB's current student blog. You'll find things like info about ISB, essay analysis, and how this guy made into ISB in his 3rd try :)

https://pulyanithinks.blogspot.com/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
i have one question on ISB and schools like it... Does the one year program help in specializing in any field at all? Is ISB a good bet if i want to switch career paths from technology to consumer marketing?
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
mnk wrote:
i have one question on ISB and schools like it... Does the one year program help in specializing in any field at all? Is ISB a good bet if i want to switch career paths from technology to consumer marketing?

Hi mnk, ISB do have few elective courses, which one has to opt for during the 2nd half of the whole course.
https://www.isb.edu/pgp/Elective_Courses.Shtml

Also there are lot of student clubs active in different fields. The one you may be interested in is:
https://www.isb.edu/MarketingClub/index.Shtml

I would suggest you to attend ISB info session in your nearest city. Here is the schedule:
https://www.isb.edu/pgp/IndiaLocations.Shtml

Hope it will help.
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Number of applications submitted till now for R1: approx 550 :shock:
still 2 days to go.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:LBS (R1-Admit), Oxford (R1-Admit)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
bigoyal wrote:
still 2 days to go.

How did you know that ?

Does anyone know how many total applications ISB recieved last year ?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
humblewinner wrote:
bigoyal wrote:
still 2 days to go.

How did you know that ?

Does anyone know how many total applications ISB recieved last year ?

Last year, the acceptance rate was 4% and the class size was 579, so total applicants must have been 14,475, that's assuming the numbers are correct here: international-schools-rankings-class-profiles-and-comparison-83394.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:LBS (R1-Admit), Oxford (R1-Admit)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Last year, the acceptance rate was 4% and the class size was 579, so total applicants must have been 14,475, that's assuming the numbers are correct here: international-schools-rankings-class-profiles-and-comparison-83394.html

whoa! I hope that's not true. If the remaining apply for cycle 2, I am doomed !!

4% is under % international, not acceptance rate.
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
humblewinner wrote:
bb wrote:

whoa! I hope that's not true. If the remaining apply for cycle 2, I am doomed !!

4% is under % international, not acceptance rate.

I think last year it was somewhere near 4200+ applicants (including both rounds). By today end of day we'll come to know number of applicants for R1, my wild guess is it would be somewhere near 1500+ :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7