Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q47  V29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q47  V29
Send PM
Re: Confused. Irritated. Sad. Angry. Violent [#permalink]
Thanks for your posts.

Will forget what happened and continue the pursuit.

Let's see what happens...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
It goes away.
Be honest with yourself about weak areas and get back into it.
You will be fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
It seems that many people feel like every test has to be an improvement. I used to think that way too, but it's far from the truth. I've had huge drops and huge gains (gained 200 points during one test).

650 is a good score. I also want a 700+, but as someone that got more than 650 only 3 times in something like 10 tests and at one point had 3 straight tests of 610, 600, and 600 and also scored 510 one time, a 650 is not THAT bad.

That said, I personally would be disappointed if I got a 650 on the real thing but this wasn't the real thing for you.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Hi

Don't be deterred by a low practice score. As was already said, it can be attributed to one of many things. My practice tests were similar to yours. I took my first practice GMATPrep test cold to set a baseline. I then studied for 3-4 weeks and took various other practice tests (Manhattan GMAT), and actually got lower (in one case, 50 points lower than my first test). On my last GMAT Preptest, i scored exactly the same as my first test one month earlier! But, on D-Day I beat all my scores by 40 points... so anything is possible on d-day. Just don't let a practice test shatter your confidence, because you will need it on game day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
Hi

Don't be deterred by a low practice score. As was already said, it can be attributed to one of many things. My practice tests were similar to yours. I took my first practice GMATPrep test cold to set a baseline. I then studied for 3-4 weeks and took various other practice tests (Manhattan GMAT), and actually got lower (in one case, 50 points lower than my first test). On my last GMAT Preptest, i scored exactly the same as my first test one month earlier! But, on D-Day I beat all my scores by 40 points... so anything is possible on d-day. Just don't let a practice test shatter your confidence, because you will need it on game day.

Do you attribute your improved score on D-Day over all other tests to anything? I've heard of a few people getting their best scores on the day of the test.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
confidence. preparation can only take you so far. being in the right state of mind on the day of the test helps too. this works differently for everyone.. for example, some people might want to be relaxed and stress free. for me, it was the opposite. i told myself repeatedly that i needed to do well and failure was not an option... pretty much do or die. as long as you build your confidence in the days before the test, the rest should hopefully fall into place
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
confidence. preparation can only take you so far. being in the right state of mind on the day of the test helps too. this works differently for everyone.. for example, some people might want to be relaxed and stress free. for me, it was the opposite. i told myself repeatedly that i needed to do well and failure was not an option... pretty much do or die. as long as you build your confidence in the days before the test, the rest should hopefully fall into place

Thanks. I'm the type of person that sometimes thrives under pressure. Not always though. Hopefully this will be one of those times.
GMAT Club Bot