Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: How is Asian Institue of Technology (AIT) Thailand MBA [#permalink]
sorry for replying so late .. but better late than never

AIT is a nice university , good campus and faculty.
but if u r worried about the placement thing then it is really in its initial stage, actually AIT has an image of socially responsible university and its main source of income is through grants from several countries, so most of the students here are on their country scholarship or university scholarship.

Now as 80% of the students already has the Jobs in their respective countries, AIT dont have a very well developed placement cell(i myself worked with career center of AIT). actually they can cash a lot on their quality, diversity and image but i should say they have not jumped in the blind race of Indian universities to market themselves (thou they are planning to jump soon). So they are pretty much similar to foreign universities, who do give you education but dont assist much on building ur career which is the main concern of students in India.

So i would suggest it will be good for you to MBA from thr if u will be able to get some scholarship from the school (based on your exp. and references ) and if u have a really good work ex. which u can en-cash later on after MBA.

But it will be a great opportunity to get Global, i believe no school in S. Asia has such a diverse cultural base. you will be in the class with more that 20 nationalities. would be studying with people with work ex. ranging from 2 yrs to 20 yrs. Many country wise competitions and games. So it is truly global university and most of the places u will see it as top ranked university, higher than many of Indian reputed schools.

Gaurav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi exekutive: many years later but i have to help you out.. its not easy doing an MBA.. you could still be looking for a school who will accept you..

well, you are looking at FT rankings, this means you are a quality candidate for your MBA..

AIT isnt a bad institution.. it has pretty high academic requirements.. most MNCs will definitely give you an interview if they know you're from AIT..

but as far as language goes, you need to study Mandarin for at least a year before you come to Thailand.. most people here speak only Mandarin,..

and owing to climate change and the dreadful incident with nuclear reactors in Japan recently, you may also want to bring a heavy coat with you.. it snows at least once every three months in Thailand.. most other times, its a little chilly.. so a heavy coat will work great for you..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
average institute

Originally posted by Rak B on 09 Nov 2013, 13:14.
Last edited by Rak B on 14 Nov 2013, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rak B .. I understand your frustration, but AIT has changed a lot since our batch has passed. Management has gone to lot of changes, flood has spoiled the infrastructure, many reputed and good professors have left the organisation (specially Finance).
Regarding placement, I am sure AIT doesn't make any fake promises, I am sure when you joined the organisation you knew that you yourself has to find a job, and if you know that you are not that capable to find a job by yourself going to any institute which doesn't provide placements doesn't make sense.
I believe the biggest fault of AIT management is that it doesn't keep track of its Alumni and do not bother to network with the international students studied there. This is the biggest drawback of the institute.
I know many of my batchmates and seniors who are placed at good positions like Brand manager, analytics lead etc in Indian and foreign MNCs like Dell, KPMG, Wipro, Biocon, Caterpillar or successfully started their own business. I know few of my juniors who actually went on exchange programs and got job in European countries.

Anyway, my point is if you want a placement program to place you and if you do not have experience prior to MBA, better go to any business schools in India.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No u donot have to to study Mandarin before you come to Thailand.. AIT is an international organization/institution, classes are held in English, well its not a university.Agreed do not come here for placements.For non thai students, u have to go back and find jobs in ur home country, AIT does not make any false promises. Lucky enough if u can find a job in Thailand as a non thai.However as far as quality of education, the MBA school has lost it charm, too many professors left, part of the problem lies with the management of the entire institute itself.The school has to reinvent its brand in Europe as well as in Asia. Academically the quality of education is average, course material has to be updated, very less faculty not expected in B schools and not experienced much.The school is well know in Thailand but other Thai universities has surpassed it.Exchange program is a good option here.You donot have to submit GMAT scores but if u have u can.Personally I would not recommend this institute unless and until u donot have an option to join another well recognized institute, current situation is really not healthy. All depends on the management how to bring back the old glorious days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have been an exchange student to SOM AIT. Quality of education is really average, huge emphasis should be laid upon to increase the faculty members.Specializing in finance is a deeply upsetting dream. Do not coming here expecting to land up a job in a high flying bulge bracket investment banking or strategy consultant job . Really cannot comment on reputation of AIT outside Thailand, I have known full time non Thai students who have done quite well in their course of studies at SOM, landing up in pretty ordinary jobs.I had an opportunity to visit NUS Business School,National University of Singapore (NUS), its far ahead than SOM AIT. Even Indian Institute of Managements,India are elite MBA colleges in Asia.Its really high time management should focus on quality of School Of Management , AIT.In addition to bringing in qualified faculties and increasing brand awareness. I would suggest that GMAT exams should be made compulsory just like other leading B-Schools in Asia Pacific. This would help attract the right candidates for the MBA program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
- What is the update now in 2016 any improvement in AIT.
- I have qualified for MS in AIT. Any suggestion, should i join AIT or not as i am bit confused whether i continue my job or join AIT.
- What is the procedure to apply for student exchange option in AIT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
Send PM
Hi ,
could you comment on AIT now in 2018 ? Have they changed , the placement got better , etc?
GMAT Club Bot