Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [1]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72877 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1041 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: Kaplan Premier? [#permalink]
Hi Ant700gmat...I started my GMAT study with the Kaplan Premier online 2010 (primarily because this is literally the only book you can buy in Sydney) and so far it's been helpful. The one thing that has definitely helped is that it actual has basic maths questions relating to arithmetic, geometry, algebra etc which got me ready for the Ps/DS sections.

With regards to the online content, I think the only content that I've really found useful are the tests and quizzes. The online tutorials aren't really helpful (for me anyway) but it's good to have the tests and quizzes. Note that it only comes with 4 CATS the other tests are not adaptive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Kudos
ant700gmat wrote:
Hey everyone. I just registered to the forum, but I have already spent the couple of weeks browsing around the site. Looks great! :)

Here is my question:

I plan on starting to study for the GMAT starting next week. I will take the GMAT Prep test #1 on Sunday to see where I stand. I plan I using all the MGMAT guides for math, RC, and SC..as well as PowerScore for CR. Also, I will purchase all the OGs for question prep.

I was thinking about Kaplan Premier as a starting point. Is this book worth the material or will the books mentioned above be sufficient enough?? Should I just get Kaplan Premier just for the practice tests? Thanks everyone!

Hi

When it comes to the book, I didnt really learn much from it. But it's worth taking for its tests.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Yeah , I found that MGMAT quants got lil bit better basic and exercise questions .But they don't have practice questions .Kaplan premier is certainly good for 4cat.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72877 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
yangsta8 wrote:
Hi Ant700gmat...I started my GMAT study with the Kaplan Premier online 2010 (primarily because this is literally the only book you can buy in Sydney) and so far it's been helpful. The one thing that has definitely helped is that it actual has basic maths questions relating to arithmetic, geometry, algebra etc which got me ready for the Ps/DS sections.

With regards to the online content, I think the only content that I've really found useful are the tests and quizzes. The online tutorials aren't really helpful (for me anyway) but it's good to have the tests and quizzes. Note that it only comes with 4 CATS the other tests are not adaptive.

Most of the online content is a waste of time - just the tests/quizzes are useful.
Also, you should be getting ready to get some topic-specific books. If getting books is an issue, you can get the Math/Verbal workbooks. Otherwise, consider MGMAT Guides for Verbal/Math or PowerScore Series for Verbal.
GMAT Club Bot