Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: GM / Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Wharton, Columbia, Darden, Stern
 Q41  V45
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Wait, the question for the fellowship question is this:

As a Wharton alumna/alumnus, you have decided to fund your own Wharton MBA fellowship program. What criteria would you use to select candidates and how much would you award to a student per year? Explain your rationale behind making these decisions.

I'm not sure why both of you are talking about why you deserve a scholarship.

Did I miss something?

pmk157 wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:
Anyone doing the fellowship essay?

I'm just wondering if I should go with a good idea that has absolutely nothing to do with me, or pitch something that is a thinly veiled "here's why I deserve a scholarship"?

Mine fellowship essay was related to my long term career goal (entrepreneurship), but was more related to why I felt supporting that goal was important and less about me personally.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Fully concur -- the assumption is you have already gotten your MBA and are giving back.

I wrote about amount + criteria and my rationale for those choices. It always talked abt what makes me tick and what attributes I hold near and dear.

bigfernhead wrote:

As a Wharton alumna/alumnus, you have decided to fund your own Wharton MBA fellowship program. What criteria would you use to select candidates and how much would you award to a student per year? Explain your rationale behind making these decisions.

Did I miss something?

pmk157 wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:

I'm just wondering if I should go with a good idea that has absolutely nothing to do with me, or pitch something that is a thinly veiled "here's why I deserve a scholarship"?

Mine fellowship essay was related to my long term career goal (entrepreneurship), but was more related to why I felt supporting that goal was important and less about me personally.
Intern
Intern
 Q41  V45
Send PM
bigfernhead wrote:

Did I miss something?

pmk157 wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:

I wasn't talking about why I deserved a scholarship. The fellowship I was describing was to support entrepreneurship, which is my long term goal, but it wasn't about me.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology
Schools:Berkeley-Haas MBA
WE 1: Investment Management (fund of funds)
WE 2: Private Equity ($2bn generalist fund)
Send PM
Submitted at 4:49pm today. I did not think I'd be cutting it this close for R1! Fingers crossed now. :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
stopper5 wrote:
Submitted at 4:49pm today. I did not think I'd be cutting it this close for R1! Fingers crossed now. :|

Looks like you love adrenaline!!! Congrats....let's cross fingers now...I submitted yesterday early in the morning
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
I'm moving to R2. Good luck R1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
To recap: 1st rec submitted got submitted day before the deadline. I submitted hours before (after reviewing it like ten times) and 2nd rec showed up as complete in the last hour. If this is what every app is going to be like, I don't know I want to do any more!
Intern
Intern
 Q41  V45
Send PM
Just got this e-mail from Wharton:

Quote:
Thank you for submitting your application for Round One.

The following will provide you with information concerning the processing of application materials, timeline for the release of interview invitations, and final decision releases.

If your online account reads "Complete - Round One," your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review.

If your online account reads "Received," then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round One deadline), your online account will be changed to "Complete for Round One" and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round One submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a few weeks to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, October 29th before inquiring about the completeness of your application.

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Thursday, October 22nd and will continue to release invitations on a daily basis until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, November 12th. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on November 12th, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission.

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Thursday, December 3rd. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee, off campus with alumni, and off campus in various "Hubs" around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, December 18th.

Thank you again for applying to Wharton. We look forward to reading your application.

Sincerely,

Wharton MBA Admissions Committee
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I just got the same email...looks like mine is complete. I submitted a few days before the deadline though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Product Management
Schools:Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
didn't get any kind of confirmation from Wharton :(
Submitted on 28th!
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
I also submitted a day before deadline and shows complete. According to the email, it would certainly accelerate the interview notification (assuming I get invited)...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Clicking the submission button is like clicking the score button the GMAT.

Lol. Can't do anything about it now. Just sitting back and praying.

Good luck everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
bigfernhead wrote:

The only difference is that the 5 seconds it takes to see the GMAT seem like forever, while the two and a half months it takes to get your application result ARE forever.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
bigfernhead wrote:

The only difference is that the 5 seconds it takes to see the GMAT seem like forever, while the two and a half months it takes to get your application result ARE forever.

I couldn't have said it better!!! I had almost forgot how those 5 seconds were like forever. I was "please be over 700, please be over 700!!"
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Yeah, I remember those were a heart stopping five seconds. My Wharton app is showing Complete for R1 and I now understand why past applicants say that waiting is the hardest part.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Wharton (R1) Kellogg (R1) Booth (R1)
 Q51  V43
Send PM
Wow - my application says "Complete - Round 1" as well. I remember when I applied in Round 2 last year, it said "Received" for the longest time! I think it was nearly 3 weeks before before they were done processing my application for review. And not just me - very few people on gmatclub reported "Complete - Round 1" within the first couple of weeks.

Judging by the responses from other folks in the last day, it looks like (a) Wharton found a faster way to process applications or (b) the volume in Round 1 is really light. Not that that necessarily means a better chance because I am sure Wharton admits people proportionally to their app volume.

Just some thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:Wharton (ding), Kellogg (WL -ding), CBS (ding w/ int), Yale (int invite - ding), Anderson (in), Booth (int invite - ding)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Kind of late in the game, but I just want to be added as one who has applied to Wharton R1.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts