Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:13 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 567 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Ross
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Indian Admits 2009 : Keep all desi discussions here! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Since we now have an Applicant-Country Specific forum, I am moving this thread there.

Good Luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Fuqua and Ross have a good brand name here. Lot of alum presence too.
Not sure about the other two.

niraja wrote:
just curious about this -

could you rank the following schools on general brand perception currently in india?

ross
darden
fuqua
johnson
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hey,
i am 22.5 yrs old ....i have CA degree and i am final year candidate of CFA(US) ....i want to those this 2 degree qualifies for accademic supremacy required by b school for young aspirants ....i have 3yrs experience in tax,audit and accounts feild by way of articleship ...i will consider my articleship as full time since i use to work nearly 70-80 hrs a week ...my right in this assumption ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Can you take the time to proof read your post. :!:
I will try to answer after that.

ankit1456 wrote:
hey,
i am 22.5 yrs old ....i have CA degree and i am final year candidate of CFA(US) ....i want to those this 2 degree qualifies for accademic supremacy required by b school for young aspirants ....i have 3yrs experience in tax,audit and accounts feild by way of articleship ...i will consider my articleship as full time since i use to work nearly 70-80 hrs a week ...my right in this assumption ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
yes

snipertrader wrote:
Are you from a class of 2011?

filmcity wrote:
Good job bumping!

I was an avid reader of Gmatclub and gmatclub helped me keep my sanity over ups and downs during and after the admit! So, some gratuitious homily. Please bear with me :)

Currently I am attending Tuck. During application., I had done decent research about schools, their likings/dislikings and fit ( esp from the perspective of an Indian applying from India).

I understand, fit is kind of ambiguous and especially so when you are located in a remote country and all you have are information from websites. But I planned to attend school with my family and hence fit was of paramount importance to me. I was fortunate enough to visit some campus before applying, which kind of helped me to zero in on schools where my family will be able to fit in. If you do not have some specific career goal, which can be met only in a certain school, I highly encourage you to give good thought on fit ( because in traditional MBA jobs all the good schools will give you more or less same opportunity, I believe).

If any of you have specific questions/ confusions on issues like how to manage/ relocate family as an applicant/student etc , I'd be happy to chip in with my thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
snipertrader wrote:
Fuqua and Ross have a good brand name here. Lot of alum presence too.
Not sure about the other two.

niraja wrote:
just curious about this -

could you rank the following schools on general brand perception currently in india?

ross
darden
fuqua
johnson

anyone else? why do desis do duke vs. cornell when cornell is engineer-friendly?

full-disclosure - i'm not an engineer and not applying from india.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
filmcity

I hate to sound like a broken record...but here i go -

can you share your thoughts on placements/internships for desi's. Also, what has TUCK done to address the concerns of international i.e H1b saga.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankit1456 wrote:
hey,

i am 22.5 yrs old ...i have CA degree and i am also in final year of CFA (us) .....i want to know whether this 2 degree will qualify for acadmeic supremacy required by b schools for young aspirants ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
First, i am not sure if academic supremacy is the right way of putting it.

I will try to answer in brief.

1. Some schools tend to accept 12 + 3 + CA = 12+4
You will have to goto the individual schools and dig out the info. But the top tier schools do accept it as 12+4 , if those are the schools you are looking at.
2. CFA - This has nothing to do with 12+4. At best, it will be a good value add in your essays.
3. CA Articleship - Not considered as workex in most schools but again it is school specific.

Hope this helps.

ankit1456 wrote:
ankit1456 wrote:
hey,

i am 22.5 yrs old ...i have CA degree and i am also in final year of CFA (us) .....i want to know whether this 2 degree will qualify for acadmeic supremacy required by b schools for young aspirants ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
By CA i mean how they value CA (charatered accountancy) degree .....will it somehow enhance or distinguish me with other candidates ?
i am asking this questions bcoz i lack full time experience but school say that if candidate have good academic qualification ..they may consider the candidate
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I know what CA is, thanks. If, you are one, pls get your spelling of CA right.

Are you a ranker by any chance? That will help. Also, a good GMAT score is needed to show your academic proficiency.

ankit1456 wrote:
By CA i mean how they value CA (charatered accountancy) degree .....will it somehow enhance or distinguish me with other candidates ?
i am asking this questions bcoz i lack full time experience but school say that if candidate have good academic qualification ..they may consider the candidate
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
 Q47  V35
Send PM
school suggestions [#permalink]
hi...

iam a desi...with the following profile...670(q-47, v35)...IT experience 2yrs>>few leadrship roles in this. , BE froma gud university wit 61% and gud EC's...also i have 1 yr of experience in my own magazine business....

intersts >>finance, sports>>is my long term goal, the indusrty is boomin now.

schoool suggestions>>urgently needed...:(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
I thought desi = Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
filmcity wrote:
Good job bumping!

I was an avid reader of Gmatclub and gmatclub helped me keep my sanity over ups and downs during and after the admit! So, some gratuitious homily. Please bear with me :)

Currently I am attending Tuck. During application., I had done decent research about schools, their likings/dislikings and fit ( esp from the perspective of an Indian applying from India).

I understand, fit is kind of ambiguous and especially so when you are located in a remote country and all you have are information from websites. But I planned to attend school with my family and hence fit was of paramount importance to me. I was fortunate enough to visit some campus before applying, which kind of helped me to zero in on schools where my family will be able to fit in. If you do not have some specific career goal, which can be met only in a certain school, I highly encourage you to give good thought on fit ( because in traditional MBA jobs all the good schools will give you more or less same opportunity, I believe).

If any of you have specific questions/ confusions on issues like how to manage/ relocate family as an applicant/student etc , I'd be happy to chip in with my thoughts.

Hi

My college has a grade point average system and i got CGPA of 7.93 ( top 25 in class) , how do i convert it to US scale. I am applying only to European universities, does this applicable to them as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Schools applied:ISB,INSEAD,LBS,Harvard,Wharton
Results: ISB (admit), INSEAD(ding), LBS,Harvard,Wharton(In proccess)
Brief profile: 28, BE/PGDRM (Non IIT but reputed univ,IRMA), 4.5 years in Retail Banking,730,
Normal ECs

Need some help with my essays.....Would be great if someone could give me idea on what is expected
Manager
Manager
Status:Taking heavily leveraged but calculated risks at all times
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 01-31-2012
Send PM
shiv2012 wrote:
Schools applied:ISB,INSEAD,LBS,Harvard,Wharton
Results: ISB (admit), INSEAD(ding), LBS,Harvard,Wharton(In proccess)
Brief profile: 28, BE/PGDRM (Non IIT but reputed univ,IRMA), 4.5 years in Retail Banking,730,
Normal ECs

Need some help with my essays.....Would be great if someone could give me idea on what is expected

Profile looks good enough for LBS/Wharton. bit of a reach @ Harvard. That being said, no one can predict the execution quality of your application. If you have an ISB admit, I dont think following the similar approach to essays would yield bad results for you. Go for it. Harvard/ wharton dont admit demi gods. They admit humans with extra ordinary execution of their applications.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8