Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 867 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q49  V39
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:UCLA Anderson
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:UCLA Anderson '12
 Q42  V40 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
bball2693 wrote:
Good to see we finally got this thread to two pages.

I'm going to be in LA this weekend and I originally extended my trip into the week so I could stop by UCLA and sit in on a class. Monday was supposed to be the first day they let prospective students visit a class, but I talked to admissions and they're not sure when they're going to start class visits this year because professors haven't signed off on it yet.

I still plan on visiting the campus, but they don't have tours or anything so I will probably just be walking around myself. For people who have been to campus before, any recommendations on things I should check out while I'm there?

Are you gonna be there on the weekend? I might be there working on my essay, I can give you a tour if you would like. The Bschool itself is just 4 buildings, but it's connected to UCLA campus. Weekends, there wouldn't really be much going on though.

PM me if you are gonna be there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Looks like there is gonna be a LA meetup, I can show you around campus, it's saturday 10:30 right now, let me know if that works?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just curious - what's the meet-up for? ucla applicants?

GoBruins wrote:
Looks like there is gonna be a LA meetup, I can show you around campus, it's saturday 10:30 right now, let me know if that works?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT, UCLA, Texas
 Q45  V38
Send PM
I just submitted my Anderson application today. Nice to be done with the app.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats man - good luck.

Looks like I'm pushing my reapp to Round 2. My recommender is on the verge of getting laid off (his hedge fund blowing up) and I didn't want to push him.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:MIT, UCLA, Texas
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Is anyone doing a roll call for UCLA?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Just submitted my application on the last day of Round 1. Thanks again GoBruins for showing me around on Sunday and it was nice meeting both you and topher. Good luck everybody.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V39
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-ucla-fall-2009-applicants-64827.html?highlight=calling+fall+2009+anderson+applicants

There is the link to last year's UCLA thread. By this time of year last year, the thread was about 3 full pages. We're sitting at 2. I guess app volume is down this year, but that's a good thing for someone like me.

There's also some good useful info about UCLA in that thread including a review of the school by jb32.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good for reapplicants like me too :-D

Thanks for the link topher. Are you submitting in Round 1?

Also - does anyone know how to confirm whether they received your GMAT score? I wrote admissions and they told me it's in the online application (it's not).

topher wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-ucla-fall-2009-applicants-64827.html?highlight=calling+fall+2009+anderson+applicants

There is the link to last year's UCLA thread. By this time of year last year, the thread was about 3 full pages. We're sitting at 2. I guess app volume is down this year, but that's a good thing for someone like me.

There's also some good useful info about UCLA in that thread including a review of the school by jb32.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V39
Hey I'm applying early in R2. When I decided to re-take GMAT, I knew I couldn't make R1. I believe the admissions process is rolling, so I can still get an interview early in the R2 process. I'm throwing up a prayer with UCLA.

I have no idea if they received my score, but I'm assuming they did. It was one of the 5 schools I listed when you take the test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Is the system slow as molasses for anyone else right now?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SO there ARE other people applying.

Should be slow on the deadline day...what can you expect with thousands logging on at once.

Good luck!

albyman32 wrote:
Is the system slow as molasses for anyone else right now?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
UCLA wasn't part of the 5 schools i picked when I took the GMAT's but I sent it separately earlier this month. I got confirmation via email from pearson, so I assumed it went through on UCLA's side. No reason to think otherwise, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'll make a couple random observations here:

1) An earlier post referred to there being no place to submit GMAT scores in the online application. Maybe i'm not understanding you, but I certainly had a place to submit mine (raw scores, %s, AWA, etc.).

2) My understanding - and I certainly could be wrong here - was that you don't need to send in an official GMAT score report right off the bat. Self reporting is fine for now. If you're admitted to the school, then and only then are you required to have an official score sent over.

3) Upon submitting my application, I received an email telling me my application status would be available on Nov 4th - any ideas what this means?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
FChang wrote:

1) An earlier post referred to there being no place to submit GMAT scores in the online application. Maybe i'm not understanding you, but I certainly had a place to submit mine (raw scores, %s, AWA, etc.).

2) My understanding - and I certainly could be wrong here - was that you don't need to send in an official GMAT score report right off the bat. Self reporting is fine for now. If you're admitted to the school, then and only then are you required to have an official score sent over.

3) Upon submitting my application, I received an email telling me my application status would be available on Nov 4th - any ideas what this means?

I believe it means that they'll tell you what they have and don't have in your application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I wanted to check whether they have my official Pearson VUE results. Wasn't referring to the self-submitted score - the online application won't even let you submit unless you've filled that part out.

Since their admissions staff didn't understand me (or are just unable to check right now), I'll just wait until after I submit my full app. Your application status is indeed a completeness check they perform in cases where application items are missing. When I applied the first time, I think they couldn't read my electronic transcript so I had to resubmit. Though, the app's transcript submission page had some nonsensical directions.

FChang wrote:

Manager
Manager
 Q49  V39
I created a video for Essay #4. It's in .avi format which is acceptable. I'm concerned that they may not have the proper codecs installed to view the video. I sent my vid to a couple friends and they said they couldn't see it (only audio), but after I gave them a link to install the right codec, they could view the video.

I sent an email to the admissions department and they literally copied and pasted the instructions from their website in their reply back, so that was no help whatsoever.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  35